Can we nerf unleash the hounds?

02/02/2014 01:43 PMPosted by FxyO

are you dense? that post even says OPINION DERP.
http://hearthstats.net/jan
the only reason hunter isnt higher is because everyone plays druid and its impossible for a hunter to win.

people like you make me sick. please play a real deck, and start losing.

Yeah a class that is 7 in Arena and 5 in construct is totally OP and really need a nerf..

But u actally state that Druids are Totally OP, since its impossible for one class to beat them.

And either they must.boost hunters or nerf druids

Hope they do as u clearly state .... Buff the hunter :P
Edited by Luffe on 2/3/2014 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 07:15 AMPosted by Choral
I heartily agree with Greedyjuju that the hounds shouldn't have charge.

It's either charge OR being a Beast class type, but I find that I can appreciate the beast synergy of UtH, be it draw cards, getting buffed, or whatever.

The charge mechanic makes it a bit overpowered and hard to recover from Hunter Rush.

buzzard + UtH is OP
Charge and being buffed are fine. The original idea is to have an synergic-able AoE
Edited by XBX on 2/3/2014 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
craft your wild pyromancers and stop crying, all beast have 1 hp.
Reply Quote
You guys need to seriously revise mana costs for hunters. Most need to go up considering Unleash is 2, Arcane Shot is 1, Multishot is 4, Deadly is 3 (and can be used when there is only one minion on the board), Secrets are only 2 (and explosive also damages your hero), with a hero Power does 2 damage that can't be blocked/diverted in any way.
Reply Quote
More Uth whining...ugh. God help all of you if you ever have to face an ACTUAL rush deck. You know, one that kills before UtH could even go off. Its not even fair to call it a rush deck...a decent UtH combo can't even happen until turn 6 or later. REAL rush is ending the game at that point. The only time a decent warrior rush lasts longer than turn 6 is because you forced them to with good counterplay or they had no choice due to wretched draw..

I can only surmise that the complainers are very inexperienced players at this point, because I never get to have the luxury of facing a UtH rush anymore. Its always good rush decks, or quick rogue miracle combos. I know that, due to my large number of wins and rise in rank over the last two seasons, my match making places me against legendary decks and serious contenders now.

Look, I know you guys hate this combo. But its seriously NOTHING. Its a freaking unicorn in higher play...often talked about and never seen. Its just not that good. It had its fun for a bit, while no one was counterplaying it. Now its dead, completely and totally dead at any point but the dredges of Hearthstone.
Reply Quote
i have seen multiple legendary players from previous season that lost to hunters, gave bunch of examples in my previous post. the problem here is that everyone here is lawyer and lovers to play around with words. you can call w/e you want but it works and most people put it in rush category.

as to why most people dont play it at higher ranks

1) afraid of stigma or reputation, especially for streamers
2)they have used rush deck to get there, now they have the luxury to play something else

02/03/2014 07:30 PMPosted by Gishgeron
More Uth whining...ugh. God help all of you if you ever have to face an ACTUAL rush deck. You know, one that kills before UtH could even go off. Its not even fair to call it a rush deck...a decent UtH combo can't even happen until turn 6 or later. REAL rush is ending the game at that point. The only time a decent warrior rush lasts longer than turn 6 is because you forced them to with good counterplay or they had no choice due to wretched draw..

I can only surmise that the complainers are very inexperienced players at this point, because I never get to have the luxury of facing a UtH rush anymore. Its always good rush decks, or quick rogue miracle combos. I know that, due to my large number of wins and rise in rank over the last two seasons, my match making places me against legendary decks and serious contenders now.

Look, I know you guys hate this combo. But its seriously NOTHING. Its a freaking unicorn in higher play...often talked about and never seen. Its just not that good. It had its fun for a bit, while no one was counterplaying it. Now its dead, completely and totally dead at any point but the dredges of Hearthstone.
Edited by Attila on 2/3/2014 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
i have seen multiple legendary players from previous season that lost to hunters, gave bunch of examples in my previous post.

Where? Can't find them

Edit: Well shouldn't Hunters atleast have a chance to win against legendary players?
Otherwise they could remove the class from the game.
Edited by Luffe on 2/3/2014 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 10:00 PMPosted by Luffe
i have seen multiple legendary players from previous season that lost to hunters, gave bunch of examples in my previous post.

Where? Can't find them

Edit: Well shouldn't Hunters atleast have a chance to win against legendary players?
Otherwise they could remove the class from the game.

of course they should and they do. Thats why most people with no access to legendary play some sort of rush deck including the "hunter rush". iam just not buying the fact that the "hunter rush" is not effective or not played at all at higher ranks. Rush decks are less noticeable at higher ranks because players have higher access to different variety of cards, thats just one reason.

on a separate subject, i just dont understand blizzard mentally. they nerf the buzzard cuz the new players could not handle it but they opened the new can of warm with UTH.

Reynad and ekop,, to be fair ekop was playing giant warlock, very bad match up but he was salty after the loss.
Reply Quote
To be Honest . i think Reynards Warrior-rush deck is more enjoyable to play, than the Kungens hunter-rush and more effective too, atleast now when so many adapted against the hunter-rush.

But then, meeting Board-flooders when playing Hunter-rush is still a hillarious moment.

Edit: If they hadn't nerfed Buzzard before .. THEN the new UtH had been REALLY OP .. now it's just a good card, that can work now and then
Edited by Luffe on 2/3/2014 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its always the exact same gimmick with hunters too. The deck takes no skill or thought whatsoever. Its only play charge, attack face, hero power, repeat. Then combo uth with buzzard and wolf. They never attack my creatures unless I have taunt. Its a deck for kids who cant win with other classes.

What I cant stand the most is running into three or more of the exact same deck in a row. Why cant blizzard make it so that we fight different classes instead of only hunters and druids. I wouldnt mind waiting a little longer if it meant that I would get more diverse match-ups.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 06:27 PMPosted by emanuel1
craft your wild pyromancers and stop crying, all beast have 1 hp.

didnt know that i can cast spells during the turn these 2-3/1s charge. should probably pass rank 15 and learn to play the easiest !@#$ in the game.

i really feel bad for the people that actually fail with this deck and come up with all these false solutions.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Chronoisseur
Its always the exact same gimmick with hunters too. The deck takes no skill or thought whatsoever. Its only play charge, attack face, hero power, repeat. Then combo uth with buzzard and wolf. They never attack my creatures unless I have taunt. Its a deck for kids who cant win with other classes.

They like to justify this by saying "its fast wins and fast gold." In reality they actually are too horrid to play anything that requires thought. I wouldnt even play this game if all i had to play was that deck simply because the brain isnt even used when playing it.

boggles me how people have fun using it. Who knows, maybe they think theyre good.
Edited by FxyO on 2/6/2014 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Noobs will be noobs. Learn to play around the hunters main guns. Dont put more than 3 minions on the board at once.

Remember priest? - if youre going to play a large minion, be sure you can kill it off.

Remember mage? - If you fill the board, expect a flamestrike.

Most of all, remember remember remember not to be a noob who whines about his mistakes.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 08:39 PMPosted by FxyO

They like to justify this by saying "its fast wins and fast gold." In reality they actually are too horrid to play anything that requires thought. I wouldnt even play this game if all i had to play was that deck simply because the brain isnt even used when playing it.

boggles me how people have fun using it. Who knows, maybe they think theyre good.

If they beat you, I'd say they are better than you are. Especially since you are 100% aware of the likelyhood you will face those decks. That gives you plenty of time and space to counterplay it. They DONT know what they will face, there are plenty of Mid Range and Control type decks that stomp rush so its hard to counterplay that from their standpoint.

If they are winning ANYWAY, despite your best efforts, then they are good. Very good. Very much better than you. I know what its like to play a wide array of decks at this point, and know what its like to face counterplay to all of them. I can assure you, not a single rush I own can beat well managed control unless they both had a horrid draw and I had a miracle one.
Reply Quote
Some people will just blame their loss to everything from cards to mouse pad to their pet cat but never themselves. And they will lose again. Deservedly, I say. :>
Reply Quote
Some people will just blame their loss to everything from cards to mouse pad to their pet cat but never themselves.

What's funny is I blame my wins on UtH being OP.
I pop into arena and average 2-3 times as many wins with Hunter as with other classes, and I haven't been playing long at all.

It doesn't take much to look at the patch notes and see them jump from 4 to 2 cost, without noticing the number in between, and wondering why such a big jump was made. Especially if you have previous experience with Blizzard balance methods.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 2/8/2014 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 10:25 AMPosted by Fawxkitteh
It doesn't take much to look at the patch notes and see them jump from 4 to 2 cost, without noticing the number in between, and wondering why such a big jump was made. Especially if you have previous experience with Blizzard balance methods.

You are assuming they just decided to go straight to 2, instead of giving 3 a try. Why is it that you ignore the obvious of, they tried it at 3, and they didn't think it was enough?

It is pretty obvious the scenarios where using UtH is ideal, it isn't like they didn't give it a look.

Another way to word it:

It being functional at 2, non-functional at 4, does not mean it is also functional at 3, it could be just as non-functional at 3 (well, slightly more functional).
Reply Quote
Okay so after browsing the forums and seeing this I'd like to input of WHY Unleash isn't OP

It is the Hunters ONLY AoE that can remove a full board of low health cards

Snake Trap + Buzzard is a MUCH better combo that Unleash + Buzzard but nobody complains about that?

Don't like being unleashed? don't flood the board...I hardly lose against hunters because I always have between 0-2 minions up at once so if he plays it he only gets 2 damage
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Fuzzy
Don't like being unleashed? don't flood the board...I hardly lose against hunters because I always have between 0-2 minions up at once so if he plays it he only gets 2 damage

i had 2x yetti huntar did 2x buzzard and unleash = 5 new cards and hard to lose...
maybe i have to stop playing mobs against huntards...
Reply Quote
Sure, but buff all the other hunter cards and especially the !@#$ty 2/1 buzzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]