Can we nerf unleash the hounds?

01/30/2014 06:11 AMPosted by GreedyJuju
01/30/2014 05:46 AMPosted by Luffe
How can à 2 draw, 2 1/1 beasts ..... For 2 card that cost 4 mana be OP??

They have charge and it takes up very little space in your deck, so you have a lot more room for other cards.

If the hounds didn't have charge, there wouldn't be a problem. Hunters wouldn't be able to buff Hyena to 30 damage in one turn, they wouldn't be able to clear an entire board, they wouldn't be able to do the dumb combo with Leeroy Jenkins and they wouldn't be encouraged to simply not remove the opponent's smaller minions.
That combo is pretty deady but 30 damage seems to be way overboard. That isn't even possible.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:34 AMPosted by Luffe
All classes have OTK-combos
Hunters need help of clueless noobs that overextend their minions To success

Prisets can do their 30/30 minions all by themselfs
All classes? Explain how Hunter OTK. Sure, rush down decks can end the game quicky but that is not OTK.
Reply Quote
So when is the nerf?
Reply Quote
03/23/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Crusalis
The problem with UTH is that Blizzard is so terrible at balancing this game that UTH is literally the only thing Hunters have going for them. Their cards are absolute garbage otherwise.

It's a big !@#$ing joke.

???????? Hunter cards are great what are you talking about
Reply Quote
Unleash been a problem since you've changed it. Its been long enough, please change the damn card already. frustrating losing to all these nonstop hunters with unleash
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 11:03 PMPosted by LSOreli
I'm sick of it being 100% of the reason a hunter wins. Buzzard + unleash the hounds and god help you if he has a knife juggler active too. Board clear+ridiculous card draw+aoe or face smash. Theres a reason UTH was so expensive before hand, I think blizzard forgot. The card itself isn't OP, its synergies are though.

A perfect summation of what's wrong with Hunters: UTH and Hunter Synergies.
Reply Quote
So the ONLY time you lose to a hunter is when he played UTH combo'd effectively with 1-2 other cards?

Sounds like you guys are making a case for buffing Hunter. We need more than one way to win, thanks. =)
Reply Quote
I love playing pali control. And hunters just sicken me so !@#$ing much since they are the only deck that gets a consistent win rate on me even though I play pretty well. No im not gonna change to another class/decktype. I want to climb the ladder with my own made pali deck and not be scared of unleash the %^-*!@.
Reply Quote
This card is soo brok cough* cough* powerful right now it's an auto-include-must-have in all decks

UTH + Starving Buzzard + Timber Wolf = GG Super Mana Effecient + board wipe + If all fails, plenty cards in hand with 6 mana left to kill.

Even a noob know this cheap trick, take 0 skill.

The beauty of this? neither UTH nor Buzzard nor Timber Wolf even a rare card. Can someone say imbalance?
Edited by baalblade on 4/11/2014 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i only pull them out when i need to kill a taunt card but i did run in too a hunter doing the UTH with Scavenging Hyena by the time the dog's where dead from killing my card's it had 12 attack power. but ya i can the only card that may need a Nerf is the Scavenging Hyena make it 1+1 for when a beast die and can only go up too 6 attack/heath.
Reply Quote
Never posted on a Blizz forum before.
UTH combos
Sort it.
Rebalance Hunters, whatever, but how many hunters get to win the exact same way every time before someone realises it may need adjusting????
Pretty please.
Reply Quote
Unleash the Hounds ABSOLUTELY needs to be re-adjusted.

It's completely apparent how imbalanced this card is just by the fact that:

a.) The absolute top players in the world use Hunter to achieve ridiculous win streaks and achieve the highest ranks. THE best player in the world (Lifecoach) looks like he exclusively uses hunter to reach #1 legend on both EU AND NA pretty much whenever he logs on and starts playing for an hour or two.

b.) Brand new players and lower-skilled players are able to beat more skilled players simply by using this 3 card combo just about every single game.

This game is very fun, but facing hunters left and right who do nothing but play this combo (which is nearly impossible to "play around" successfully) and win is incredibly frustrating. This is "not fun", just like warrior one-turn kill was "not fun".

UTH needs to be re-adjusted to cost 3 mana, at the very least. I really think this simple change would be a nice fix (or band-aid) without hurting hunters too much.

It's been long enough. Fix it.
Edited by Dragaan on 4/12/2014 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Dragaan

a.) The absolute top players in the world use Hunter to achieve ridiculous win streaks and achieve the highest ranks. THE best player in the world (Lifecoach) looks like he exclusively uses hunter to reach #1 legend on both EU AND NA pretty much whenever he logs on and starts playing for an hour or two.

b.) Brand new players and lower-skilled players are able to beat more skilled players simply by using this 3 card combo just about every single game.

This game is very fun, but facing hunters left and right who do nothing but play this combo (which is nearly impossible to "play around" successfully) and win is incredibly frustrating. This is "not fun", just like warrior one-turn kill was "not fun".

UTH needs to be re-adjusted to cost 3 mana, at the very least. I really think this simple change would be a nice fix (or band-aid) without hurting hunters too much.

I have written a response to this same exact post in another thread, please read it.

Thank you,
Speedwell
Reply Quote
it needs to change or be removed.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 11:06 PMPosted by Penji
It's not even interesting anymore..

This, above all else, is why they need to scrap this garbage combo and buff hunters elsewhere to compensate.

It is the most uninteresting, uninteractive, obvious and braindead strategy and god almighty am I sick of seeing every hunter playing it and not being able to stop it.

And just to be clear, I'm not just a hunter-hater. I play my hunter as much as any other class and I use the same combo... because... well why the hell wouldn't I? Only the most braindead moron on the planet would not play this obvious combo.
Edited by Dahveed on 4/14/2014 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I play Shaman, trying to get my ranked wins up to 500, and every time I play a hunter I know exactly how it will go. I've put some cards in to counter it like Mogu'Warden, Argus, or Earth Elemental w/ Ancestral Spirits, but even that is never enough due to the free hunters mark they get. They use tracking (usually twice) to get these cards they're looking for and I'm pretty sure when I win it's only because they had the misfortune of drawing two or three of their key cards from it.

In my experience It's very rare that a game with a hunter goes any way but how I described it, and HS is now flooded with hunters so much that I hardly want to get on the game any more. I had one night where it was just one after another, bringing my rank down from 9 to 15 over the course of a couple hours.

Just thought I'd throw in my personal gripe, and desire for UTH to be nerfed.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Dragaan

Couldn't agree more
Reply Quote
I've uninstalled this game months ago. I see nothing has changed as I thought. Just stop playing then they'll listen.
Reply Quote
Hey guys I've got 4 proposals that I think are quite good which will balance hunters out (3 involing UTH).

1. UTH becomes 3 mana
2. UTH has no haste still 2 mana cost
3. UTH dogs die at the end of turn (Probably the least damaging to hunters)
4. Hunters Mark costing 1 mana (Would like to see this with number 3)

What you guys think?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]