Druids - Too versatile?

Topic is the question, Druids seem to have an answer to everything. So many cards with do this/that, taunts/buffs etc etc.

I don't know if they're OP, I just know that as a Priest, sometimes I just sit there in stupid awe at the flexibility to a Druids deck. I've seen them pump out Taunters out the wazoo, I've seen them nuke more than a Mage, I've seen them drop fatties super fast etc. Gah...

I think something has to be tweaked, I just don't know what. Given how small the pool of cards is right now it's really handy to be so jack of all trades atm.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Dreadspectre
I think something has to be tweaked, I just don't know what

You don't know what needs to be tweaked, because nothing in the Druid deck is overpowered in the slightest.

It's probably the only hero who has mostly fantastic class cards. This isn't a reason for any tweaking on the Druid side.
Reply Quote
I love playing druids. Imho it requires more thinking because you decide quite frequently which option to choose. It's awesome.
Couldn't find anything wrong with, though. Nothing is really striking as offensive with it. I only hope he gets more night elf babes to support him *wink wink*
Reply Quote
I think the versatility is an issue, Druids are reigning deck supreme champions now and I suspect it's because they can have an answer for everything at any time.

I dunno, like I said maybe not OP, but maybe just in a better spot than everyone else? Nerfing druids a bit would probably be easier than evaluating 8 other classes to bring them up to Druid level.(not that all 8 need tweaks, just saying).
Reply Quote
swipe damage will probably get nerfed to 3 and 1. it affects a lot of stuff right now. not so much by itself, but with the druid passive it can nuke down a 5 hp which is pretty high for what is supposed to be a mixed aoe spell
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Dreadspectre
I think the versatility is an issue, Druids are reigning deck supreme champions now and I suspect it's because they can have an answer for everything at any time.

I dunno, like I said maybe not OP, but maybe just in a better spot than everyone else? Nerfing druids a bit would probably be easier than evaluating 8 other classes to bring them up to Druid level.(not that all 8 need tweaks, just saying).

They're dominating the control scene because of the inclusion of several Legendary cards, and having the ability to reach late game without a lot of compromise.

The Druid cards themselves are not doing that, it's mostly that Strifeco deck that a lot of people seem to copy. You also have to look at the main decks being played right now, they're mostly Rush decks and Druids are very resistant to rush. This does not mean they need tweaking (they don't),

It's a reliable counter to the meta, nothing more. If they decide to nerf Druid it will be a great shame, as it's easily the most complete and interesting class.
Reply Quote
that's how druids are they are supposed to be amazing at EVERYTHING just like palidins are which imo makes classes like rogue and warrior weaker because they are sorta one trick ponies
Reply Quote
Druid is nicely balanced and shouldnt be changed. Other classes should be more like it. There are just way too few cards released so far.
Reply Quote
Druids are indeed a very interesting and complete class. The only reason why I don't run a Druid is because I'm lacking the Ancients of Lore and good Legendary finishers.

With time, I hope that every class gets to be as versatile as they are. Note that this doesn't need to be with "Choose one" effects like the Druid cards. In fact, that's the laziest ways to go about it. What we truly need are more cards that can activate in different and interesting ways. Wild Pyromancer is good example, we need many more of those.
Reply Quote
Druids have a glaring weakness: hard removal. Playing naturalize is as useful as playing Millhouse in late game.
Reply Quote
I think it's mostly the minions they have. They combine the "choose one" mechanic with having excellent bang for their buck. Especially the ancient of war and keeper of the grove are excellent cards without the versatility too. With the versatility it becomes too much to handle.

And on top of that they're the only class that can speed their game up. Innervate and wild growth are very unique cards that I don't think fit into a supposed jack of all trades class.
Reply Quote
Well druids are atm 1 of the most stable classes
and there is no info from blizzard that they are even looking into druids.
Reply Quote
Isn't the whole point of druid to be really versatile?
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:25 PMPosted by SupremeEnvy
Druids have a glaring weakness: hard removal. Playing naturalize is as useful as playing Millhouse in late game.

Yes... like all of the really good damage spells with different effects don't work.
Paladin doesn't even has those, the strongest direct removal is a combination with Equality.
So it's not really a weakness, it's a 1 mana cost hard removal card that gives your opponent a tempo advantage of two cards in a deck that has multiple spells to literally cast tempo advantage.

Sorry but it's like in some warlock threads when people complain about that some of his good cards cost health or cards... while the class has at same time the ability to draw cards and has good removal that restores health.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:25 PMPosted by SupremeEnvy

Which is relevant, until they acquire Tinkmaster Overspark. Then they get a 3mana polymorph, and hardly ever care if they proc a devilsaur on your minions (still in Swipe range, w00t)

Yes Druids have everything and to a lesser extent so do Paladins, but as others have pointed out it's more of a case of other classes falling behind.

I think Claw shouldn't grant armor, and I also think their Hero Power should be Choose One. But that would slow gameplay down too much. Swipe kind of scales too well, but they need it to be as is; try winning Arena games without drafting a Swipe as a Druid.

My only real, real peeve with Druids that I would make a case for, is the silly amount of card drawing packages they have. Literally something for every occasion and mana tier. But, again, that's probably just an issue with some of the other classes falling behind.
Edited by Vanish on 1/30/2014 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think the funniest part of this thread is the "Druids are flexible", "Druids are versatile". They're Druids lmao. Each class matches their play style and, Each play style has a specific weakness or counter to another class/play style.
Reply Quote
StrifeCro's deck really illuminates what makes Druid great -- which is just a very consistent mid-game without any glaring weaknesses. Their minions aren't gimmicky. They don't care about silences or hero-powers. You need good removal or board presence -- or it's gg.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:12 PMPosted by MyGlockisHrd
I think the funniest part of this thread is the "Druids are flexible", "Druids are versatile". They're Druids lmao. Each class matches their play style and, Each play style has a specific weakness or counter to another class/play style.

So why are Priests not as versatile? Shadow Priests were widely known as having too much utility.

I don't recall Druids summoning beasts in WoW either, let alone beasts that can be 4/4 charges or 4/6 taunts as needed among other things etc etc.

This game isn't WoW.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Dreadspectre

I don't recall Druids summoning beasts in WoW either, let alone beasts that can be 4/4 charges or 4/6 taunts as needed among other things etc etc.

The Druid isn't summoning a beast in the situation you describe. The Druid is summoning another druid, specifically the Druid of the Claw.
Reply Quote
The only thing I would change about druid is innervate. Make it cost like 2-3 mana and give 4-5. Turn 1 cairne/yeti is just stupid imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]