Druids - Too versatile?

Yes, they are too versatile. A bit of versatility is great but too many Druid class cards have options. "Do this OR do this instead" on half of their cards means that they can cover all their bases too easily.

I feel a little cheap when I play Druid because I know that regardless of what my opponent does, I can deal with it with whats in my hand. You don't get that with other classes. Sometimes you don't have an answer.....as it should be.

I'm not for nerfing swipe....so I disagree with a lot of you in here. I don't think that's called for. Swipe should be strong. AoE clear should be powerful. I am for tweaking so many of their option cards though.
Edited by HokemPokem on 1/30/2014 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
The only thing I would change about druid is innervate. Make it cost like 2-3 mana and give 4-5. Turn 1 cairne/yeti is just stupid imo.

And then you'll QQ about turn 3 Ragnaros.

Seriously I don't get some players. They complain about this card or this card being OP, and when nothing else is OP, they complain about a class being too good. It's not druid that should be dragged down to other classes, it's the other classes who should be risen to druid's level.

The issue is that buffing some classes with make them too powerful for some strategy while druid offers a wider range without being OP. This deck can be played in many ways, which some decks can't.

And yeah it really lacks hard removal, which is a huge weakness too (and due to the druid control popularity during S1, many competitive decks ran more silence / black knight, making his best lategame creature, AoW basically useless) making druids switch to mid-range decks.
Reply Quote
Why should they be better than anyone because of legendaries? I only play Gruul and the deck would work even if he wasn't there (I only got two legendaries so I shanghaied him in there).
Also, I don't play naturalize and still don't complain. Sure, it's little tough card to play right now but anyone can do without it, too.
Reply Quote
Swipe and innervate are pretty damn close to OP, if not OP

Turn 1 boulderfist ogre with coin + 2x innervate is hilarious, the ONLY counter to it is sap, so if you pull that against anyone but a lucky rogue who runs sap you get a free 6 dmg in on turn 2, most likely again turn 3 unless shadow word: deathed, or on turn 4 by a fair few cards.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 04:57 PMPosted by Token
Swipe and innervate are pretty damn close to OP, if not OP

Turn 1 boulderfist ogre with coin + 2x innervate is hilarious, the ONLY counter to it is sap, so if you pull that against anyone but a lucky rogue who runs sap you get a free 6 dmg in on turn 2, most likely again turn 3 unless shadow word: deathed, or on turn 4 by a fair few cards.

Gotta reply to that. I actually got to pull that off once, not an ogre but similar. But it's not as big advantage as you might think. The ogre and the likes can easily get blocked and swarmed and you'll lose a minion you could use later against the enemy's tough guys. I got 2x innervate but I rather play along the curve to get a good progress and play the cards at the right time.
Reply Quote
The hybrid classes are always the hardest to balance. Their abilities and creatures need to be useful but not as powerful as a pure class. To be honest I think they've done a good job with the Druid as far as that balance is concerned. I know there is always the temptation to say a class is OP but I don't believe that's the truth.

What makes the Druid so successful is it's diversity. We know that all decks have a weakness that can be exploited. A well constructed Druid deck has many win conditions and many different styles of play. As such they can shift gears on how they approach their deck in order to better tailor their play against the format of their opponents deck.
Reply Quote
actually with druid i think there might be a small problem. The neutral cards fill in the weakness of the decks and it makes it pretty hard to play against. Even the best counter deck might have a hard time if the druid gets a normal draw and something particularly good.
Reply Quote
Why are people requesting nerfs of an opposing class over buffs of their own again? Silly question-it's easier to tear down than it is to build up is it not?
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 11:44 AMPosted by AsgardRealm
Why are people requesting nerfs of an opposing class over buffs of their own again? Silly question-it's easier to tear down than it is to build up is it not?

Generally speaking yes.

What's harder to do, change the mana costs on a couple of spells or something or completely gut and redo a class(Priest) to make it not a joke?(Priests are pretty much non existent in top play, with Mages baaaarely ahead).

I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm asking for tweaks. 30 card decks does not give you a lot of breathing room to plan for all possible issues. Too many Druid cards pull double duty for fair mana costs, it's very hard to play against.
Reply Quote
Its just a way blizzard creates "jack of all trades" classess in their games. Instead of being average
in everything they make druid best in everything.

To the retards who keep saying druid isnt op:

Count the number of split/double cards in your deck, now realize that each one of them are 2 cards,so you dont have 30 cards in your deck you have much much more value, and choice to play.

Other classess have to choose and draw more options you have double number of options, and with
legendary army support you have no drawback at all.

But hey,it is what it it,thank god there are no rewards in ranked yet so it doesnt really matter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]