01/30/2014 10:38 AMUhm i really want to discuss this topic
Posted by katz23
All i hear on the forum is priests are weak in the current patch due to nerfs to MC
I disagree the reason is : priests have 4 removals which is actually really good 2 AoE heals/damage
and generally can combo their healing.
So i am asking why is the priest deck weak?
There are 2 problems in my point of view.
The first one is that Priest's Cards relie on Combos most of time and need to involve a lot of cards in your deck. So if one of the cards is missing your combo doesnt work properly. And I'm even not talking about silence which can break your 3 cards combo.
Divine Spirit + Inner Fire + 1 Unit -> 3 cards
Auchenai + Circle -> Your Auchenai Priest is almost dead with only 1 HP and you can't heal your units anymore.
The second thing are the removals. They are almost all situational. SW PAIN only under 3 ATQ, SW Death only above 5. Cabal only under 2 ATQ, Shadow Madness under 3 ATQ . So most of the time you are put in situation where your hand is full of cards and your removals are useless because of course your opposent is only playing 4 ATQ cards. The 2 only cards that can be used in every situation are Nova and MC but they cost 5 and 10 mana, which is very late. The only spell that can work every time in earlygame for a low cost is Smite.
Most of the time there are 2 situations that can save other heroes that Priest doesn't have : 1 - Your removal can be used at any time on every minion :
For exemple :
- Shaman : his removals can work on every situation for a very low mana cost, of course there is the overload but at least in the proper time you can clean the board.
- Hunter : Hunter's Mark, arcane Shots and so on.. + Traps.
- Warlock : got Soulfire, Drain life, Demonfire, Shadowbolt. There are no conditions to use these blasts.
- Druid : Moonfire, Wrath, Swipe, Hero ability + Claws
- Mage : Arcane Missiles, FrostBolt, ArcaneExmplosion, Fireall, FlameStrike, Blizzard2 - Class who got minions that can remove or debuff minions and stay on the board :
- Paladin : Aldor Peacekeeper for exemple. They debuff minions and put at the same time a minion on the board without any condition. It's like playing a spell + a minion at the same time.
- Druid : Keeper of the grove -> Silence or 2 DMG + 2/4
- Rogue : Si 7Agent -> 2 DMG + 3/3
If you look at the priest, he doesn't have minions that can remove, debuff or even charge with their battlecries. He also doesn't have any weapon. His gameplay is to take damages and then to heal.