High Win rate aggro mage deck

Seconded, any viable subs for Antonidas? (including legendary subs)
Reply Quote
When I made this deck is was solely based around Antonidas specifically so I don't know if there is an actual sub card for it. Using a different legendary would make you change a little bit to better adapt to your specific legendary and thus would be a different deck.
Reply Quote
hey I'm practicing with this deck and sometimes find myself not doing as well as I'd like. Can you describe some of the strategies and combos with this deck that I may be missing?

Thanks!

(it's a fun deck)
Reply Quote
Hey I'm loving this deck. If you had your pick of anything. Would you improve this deck with any legendarys?
Reply Quote
If you're having trouble w/ an aggro mage, just remember the principles:

Maintain board control.
Always hit face with minions when you can.
Save spells for finishing if possible.

That said, I still love using ice lance w/ Frostbolt or Water Elemental...

>Cartman, I think any finisher should be fine for the legendary, Ragnaros or even a Pyroblast.
Edited by acelee on 3/9/2014 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The change in taurens made a big impact.

From rank 20 to 15 so far :D

Thanks for the deck enjoying it a lot ;)
Reply Quote
Also dont just play the legend at 7 keep a 1 spell like mirror image and then use them together at 8

It ensures you get at least 1 fire ball straight away which can make a huge difference
Reply Quote
nice deck but i still think it can be upgraded
for instance, i think any aggro deck needs leeroy
second, why dont you take a 2nd azure for 1 aclolyte of pain? i mean, you need to ping him anyway to get a card (and thats 5 mana)

i actually run an aggro mage deck and never thinked of playing antonidas, he seems so.. not fit the style, i mean your deck has 3 1 mana spells, and you need at least 2 of them in your hand when you play antonidas to make it worth it

im not pro by any means, (13 rank atm) so i would love some feedback on these observations

btw, sory for my english

edit: one other thing, what do you think about knife juggler? he synergize with all the low cost minions and specially with mirror image
Edited by Snail on 3/13/2014 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont have enough dust for Defender of Argus and Argent Commander now, which basic cards can I possibly use as temporary replacement?
Reply Quote
I tried this deck with some replacement due to budget prob (still got Antonidas) And find that in any situation my Antonidas got 1-turn-neutralized (hexed, polymorphed, traded) it's a guarantee loss. Can you put up some video showing how you play with the deck? Cuz I find it very difficult to get pass rank 14 with it
Reply Quote
So i have the full deck, and i cant seem to get lower than rank 13. What cards am i aiming for as far as a starting hand? I cant seem to find what im doing wrong.
Reply Quote
i feel like op was having a convo with himself
Reply Quote
Can anyone please upload a video showing how you play with this deck? I just feel very difficult to win if the opponent neutralize my Antonidas right after the turn he's played. (And that's very easy, given he's 7mana cost and only has 7HP) It's also hard to play if I dont manage to draw Antonidas by turn 8-9
Reply Quote
first off, sorry for necroing the thread, I just wanted to say that you could try running counterspells in your deck since setting one up before you play antonidas ensures he lives at least one more turn, and then drop him with a couple 1 or 2 cost spells. works for me
Reply Quote
this deck sucks
Reply Quote
like it .. but who in the wourld you can win with a !@#$ing mage antonidas ??? he is the most %^-*y legendery ahah xD
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 06:29 PMPosted by Keloot
like it .. but who in the wourld you can win with a !@#$ing mage antonidas ??? he is the most %^-*y legendery ahah xD

Have you tried dropping him when you have some defense up and with a low cost spell or two?

Yeah, if you drop him as soon as you can play him and he just dies he's not going to help but if you can keep him alive it's so easy to get 3+ fireballs in your hand the next turn. Just have to be smart about when you use him.
Reply Quote
I play a similar styled mage deck. Before I had archmage I used a pyroblast. Games will always be close without him. It seemed like I always won the turn before I would of died, or couldn't figure out how to do that extra 1-2 damage and lost. The archmage lets you be more aggressive than you could of been with out him.

This deck can be scary aggressive. Allowing you to win before turn 10, and you ever had a chance of losing. I find the trickier part being knowing when to stop going at your opponents life and start protecting the board. That being said I try to protect my health. This deck is all about board control. If you last till turn 10, and have more life than them. Archmage will finish it for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]