"Priests are OP" threads are ridiculous

They are, because for all the "he MC'd xxxxx" "he SW:D'd my xxxxx" posts here's how things usually go when my friends fight Priests:

"Oh man..this damn Priest killed both my early drops"
"Damn priest killed by 6/5"
"Lawl, 2 4 powers this turn, priest getting smashed"

or

"This Priest is so annoying, just dragging the game out with mini heals and picking off some minions"
"Oh well I won anyway, he had nothing left that was a threat"

or

"Silence owns Priests lol" -Note, I do not run the gimmicky inner fire deck

"Aww..priest MC'd my (random legendary), doesn't matter he's still dead to the horde of 4 power I still have on the board that he couldn't deal with"

In essence, Priest class probably annoys the most, but in the end lose a lot. I actually have to sometimes tell my friends to stop complaining so much when they win.

I'm not saying Priests are incapable of ranking up or are complete trash, but honestly, stop remembering all those annoying moments that a Priest can do and really try and recall your matches with Priests and how many times those "annoying OP cards" actually made you lose.

I'm going to guess not very often.
Reply Quote
Most threads here are ridiculous. Can't do much about it.
Reply Quote
How about "Priest dropped a 10/10 common on turn 5."

I think you missed that one.
Reply Quote
Priests need a major overhaul in general. They're not overpowered but they're INCREDIBLY IRRITATING. Beating a Priest seems to be entirely dependent on how much raw bull!@#$ they pull.
Reply Quote
i gotta say my priests is one of my best decks. but i have also been able to lay the smack down on priest too. it really goes with the person playing. and knowing what you are doing. really any deck in the game can be that way, as long as you know what your doing.
Reply Quote
Priests just aren't viable after rank 5
there are only a few of them.

I honestly would love to play them again , but I just stick with my control Paladin,Druid and rush Rogue.
Reply Quote
I think I have maybe beaten a priest twice. Not including the times I played against a computer to unlock it.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Dreadspectre
They are, because for all the "he MC'd xxxxx" "he SW:D'd my xxxxx" posts here's how things usually go when my friends fight Priests:

"Oh man..this damn Priest killed both my early drops"
"Damn priest killed by 6/5"
"Lawl, 2 4 powers this turn, priest getting smashed"

or

"This Priest is so annoying, just dragging the game out with mini heals and picking off some minions"
"Oh well I won anyway, he had nothing left that was a threat"

or

"Silence owns Priests lol" -Note, I do not run the gimmicky inner fire deck

"Aww..priest MC'd my (random legendary), doesn't matter he's still dead to the horde of 4 power I still have on the board that he couldn't deal with"

In essence, Priest class probably annoys the most, but in the end lose a lot. I actually have to sometimes tell my friends to stop complaining so much when they win.

I'm not saying Priests are incapable of ranking up or are complete trash, but honestly, stop remembering all those annoying moments that a Priest can do and really try and recall your matches with Priests and how many times those "annoying OP cards" actually made you lose.

I'm going to guess not very often.

they are not rediculous.

The threads appear because to new players priests are hard to beat, where they get face rolled by experienced players with better cards.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Atlantis
How about "Priest dropped a 10/10 common on turn 5."

I think you missed that one.

That's because they didn't. They drop a minion and cast at least 2 buffs on it. One silence or any removal spell, and you've negated a minimum of 2 of their cards.

Being able to pump a minion with several other cards is not the same as being able to drop a 10/10 on turn 5.

Anyone can get a 12/12 out on turn 3-4 with some luck and Alarm-O-Bot and Deathwing.
Reply Quote
I'd not worry about the OP threads. A good portion of them are rants because they're upset over a loss, much like people claiming the RNG is "garbage". The only time I've really gotten to use "Those OP cards" are when the match is pretty much decided and my opponent is just trying to stall me - for example, when they're playing whatever taunt they draw out of the deck even though I have an obvious board/card advantage.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Beardedragon
they are not rediculous.

The threads appear because to new players priests are hard to beat, where they get face rolled by experienced players with better cards.

They are ridiculous because new players should be looking for advice on how to deal with things they have problems with rather than just screaming "OP" to everything that beats them. The entire concept of crying OP because you lost to something is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Priests have by far the most complete basic deck. If you and a friend started new accounts tomorrow, one picked a Priest, the other picked a Shaman, the Priest would have a huge advantage. It's a legitimate QQ in that regard.

However, Priests are currently the worst class as a whole, after you've gotten cards.
Reply Quote
Anyone who claims the priest is overpowered need only play the priest for a significant amount of time themselves.

Yes, the priest is capable of some incredibly powerful combos, but the amount of times you can actually get away with them is mind-bogglingly small. I don't even bother with Inner Fire or Divine Spirit anymore. I also find it difficult to justify running more than one Mind Control.

The priest is weak. The joy in playing the priest comes not from winning, but rather from infuriating your opponent. It's THE troll deck and I love it.
Reply Quote
I can agree that early game priest decks have an advantage as most people say. But i can honestly say from playing since the beta first opened, priests have been my bane.

I mostly play a mage deck, but i do jump on to other decks from time to time. But it seems to be a priest deck that always kicks the crap out of me. Most other decks I face are either close games (win or lose), or just a basic easy win.

In My Honest Opinion: I do believe that some priest cards need to be reworked. I am not one to !@#$% about "Oh he heals a lot that's not fair". By all means heal all you want.

It's just "Certain" cards that i think need a higher cost then what they are now, or some sort of drawback.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Epicsphere
I can agree that early game priest decks have an advantage as most people say.

lol
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:24 PMPosted by DalekSec
they are not rediculous.

They are ridiculous because new players should be looking for advice on how to deal with things they have problems with rather than just screaming "OP" to everything that beats them. The entire concept of crying OP because you lost to something is ridiculous.

Priest OP thread starters should just lose Beta access. Yes, even in open Beta. They are too stupid to be allowed to contaminate the discourse of a game in active development.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Epicsphere
I can agree that early game priest decks have an advantage as most people say. But i can honestly say from playing since the beta first opened, priests have been my bane.

I mostly play a mage deck, but i do jump on to other decks from time to time. But it seems to be a priest deck that always kicks the crap out of me. Most other decks I face are either close games (win or lose), or just a basic easy win.

In My Honest Opinion: I do believe that some priest cards need to be reworked. I am not one to !@#$% about "Oh he heals a lot that's not fair". By all means heal all you want.

It's just "Certain" cards that i think need a higher cost then what they are now, or some sort of drawback.

^THIS
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 01:02 PMPosted by ChibiRyo

^THIS

Fair enough, but there's also certain trash tier cards that would be buffed to compensate so watch out
Reply Quote
Priest OP threads are just from people that dont know how to work around the quirks of a priest.

Most priest cards that seem OP are spells, so utilizing them doesnt give the priest any board control.

And as some people have already said, priest decks are built to annoy you, with spells such as shadow madness (4), Mindgames (4), Thoughtsteal (3) relying heavily on the strength of your opponents deck means its completely rng and is built to annoy and breaks people's focus forcing them to make silly mistakes and costing them games.

Mind Control (10) used to cost 8 mana and at that time it was a 'bit' stronger than intended. but now at cost 10 it feels really weak. it should have been a legendary card at 8 and i feel it would have been better, but then again we had Prophet velen already as a legendary :S

but yea to make the point, priest is only OP if you dont know how their mechanics work.
Reply Quote
priests should buy some boosters...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]