Please Nerf Hunter

Hunter needs a nerf.

Edit:

I played against my Hunter friend using the "Ultimate Druid #2 and #3" decks posted on LiquidHearth and had a lot of trouble against his Hunter.

Here's the deck my buddy was using:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/29147-vietpho-budget-hunter

Here is Match #1 (Lost):
http://www.twitch.tv/fatstrawpdx/c/3652179

Match#2: (Forgot to record but I lost)

Match#3 (won):
http://www.twitch.tv/fatstrawpdx/c/3652219

The Hunter would kill me with the combos on turn 6 or 7. I'd have a taunt up but he would just silence it with the owl and attack me to the face. If I don't die, the Hunter would just beast attack to my face on the next turn.
Edited by VietPho on 2/2/2014 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for your constructive feedback
Reply Quote
In case they didn't know: hunter is fine.
Reply Quote
I started out playing the crap out of Mages and found Hunters extremely underwhelming. However, I just threw together a quick Hunter deck at lvl 1 to rush lvl 10 and have gone 13/2 since, and one of the losses was even my fault.

So I can't really tell for sure whether they need a nerf or not but from my limited experience it seems like Aggro Hunters capitalize on decks that don't have any early control. They have a lot of low level clears and a lot of methods to get out cards early and buff them, taking complete control over early game. I think this might be a meta problem where people try to stall for mid-late game where Hunters don't give them a chance to get there. I'm not sure if this warrants a nerf or just a meta shift by players.
Edited by RenegadeTQ on 2/1/2014 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited Main post
Edited by VietPho on 2/2/2014 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 11:02 PMPosted by VietPho
Hunter needs a nerf.

Its like every PVP game: "What i hate to play against needs a nerf cause i am too lazy to change my deck"
Reply Quote
I've added my video highlights to the main post (it should demonstrate how OP Hunters are). In addition, let me know how I can improve my gaming habits if you catch any bad play. Thanks!
Edited by VietPho on 2/2/2014 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
They are anooying i must agree, from last 10 games 7 were hunter, i beat 5 of those 7, but still annoying. I rely mostly on taunts and aoe , and not putting too many minions on the table. Hope it helps :)
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 02:22 AMPosted by sinner
They are anooying i must agree, from last 10 games 7 were hunter, i beat 5 of those 7, but still annoying. I rely mostly on taunts and aoe , and not putting too many minions on the table. Hope it helps :)

I always keep my minion count 3 or under and yet I still get owned because of their leeroy combo.
Reply Quote
My thoughts on the Hunter : If Unleash the Hounds was UP at 4 mana and needed a buff, maybe it's OP at 2 mana and it should be priced at 3.
Reply Quote
I lost a game, nerf the class I lost against they are OP.

That's about 9 of 10 threads here made by bad players.
Reply Quote
Any news on the Hunter Nerf?
Reply Quote
Hunter is fine, if u have a problem dealing with hunter aggro deck, fix your deck to counter it.
If there was a deck that could beat all other decks everyone would be playing it....
Reply Quote
The problem with Hunter is that you're screwed over no matter what you do and you can just sit back and force their hand because they're just going to keep pinging away at you otherwise. I've fought soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many freaking Hunters that have sat on their Eaglehorn Bows for several turns just because they want me to activate their secret so they can increase its durability again even when I'm using my Priest deck which can get into a nice situation where I can kill my opponent without attacking with minions.

Play one minion? Deadly shot. Play two minions? Multi-shot. Play three minions?
Unleash the hounds/Explosive Shot. The problem is that there's no real straight answer to what a Hunter can do.
Reply Quote
I think people are being unnecessarily rude to the op. He put in vids so that people could help him if he made any mistakes and is looking for constructive feedback. But OP don't put "please nerf hunter" as your title. That just screams for people to think you're a troll.

You should probably add some changes to the deck so that you don't get wrecked so hard by the combo wombo. Maybe more taunt and even an acidic, since the eaglehorn bow gave you so much trouble.
Also, you can see the deck failing when he doesn't get his combo. If he can't get a uth, then he's screwed. it's all combo and making sure that you are applying pressure and keeping him on the backfoot so he has to use cards to try and stay alive.
Reply Quote
All classes have their strengths. I don't think i've lost to a hunter at all I just don't know what ur doing...
Reply Quote
Hunters are OP...?
Umm.. what?
Reply Quote
I don't think hunters necessary need a nerf. The key problem appears to be lack of tools against their most annoying cards and play mechanic.

Explosive Trap is a little too good for it's ability to hit the player as well. A neutral way to clear secrets will be helpful.

UTH, is basically a OTKO combo deck. Card discard should be made available to break these combos. Something like, Mind Twister, 2 mana, opponent randomly discards a card would easily throw a spanner into all the OTKO combo decks.

Better low cost taunts help against the face rush meta. Like if sliverback is a 2/4 taunt at three cost he will be really good.
Reply Quote
Don't have more than 2 mins on the field I'd say, or you give them too much value on the unleash the beasts. Apart from that, have more taunts maybe?
Reply Quote
Hunters are way overpowered at the moment and people play them mostly now. That's why there's so many of them defending this thread.

• The damage they burst is not mana-costing enough.
  • Unleash The Hounds should be out re-thought asap.
  • Secrets way too strong compared to other classes.
  • Edited by Kirmmela on 2/3/2014 5:26 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]