Please Nerf Hunter

If you are losing to rush hunters then you have too many small minions and not enough taunt. Make sure you have two earthen ring farseers in your deck, two defender of argus, and never play more than three minions at a time.
Reply Quote
I lose to Hunter rush pretty often, but I feel that this is due to my own shortcomings in Deck building and I do not feel the class needs changes...
Reply Quote
Omg. Seeing a lot of cheap hunters at rank 20 now.
Reply Quote
I think anyone who is saying "this is how you beat a hunter" is forgetting, you have no control (except vs friends) who you're going to face and what deck they are. Well you do have control, I auto-concede hunters lol. I just find hunter OP because they're the only class right now that I have to play a certain way, or build a certain deck JUST to have a chance at beating them. Almost every other deck I face it comes down to draws, mistakes, and strategy. I don't expect the deck I'm playing to win 100%, but it should have a 100% chance at winning, not the 0% chance like it is now.

The problem really isn't the hunter deck itself, it's that each deck has strengths and weaknesses, if you play a certain way, you're going to run into a deck that you have 0% chance to beat, ever. Just like my druid legendary deck, I'm going to lose against rushers almost everytime. I'm fine with that, I expect it, but when I'm at 10 mana, and my opponent hunter is at 5, and I lose in round 6, even though I have a legendary like onyxia or something out, is just wrong.

Edit: Not to mention, the fact that I seem to face about half my fights vs hunters says something about the OPness of the deck.
Edited by Landorn on 2/11/2014 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's pretty well known that Hunter is one of the weaker heroes. Hunder in fact, might be the weakest hero of all.
Reply Quote
There is no doubt that UoH will be nerfed in next patch, but other than that, hunter is a fairly weak class.

My response is crafting the UoH cards and play hunter in this period. If they nerf, I can get the dust back; if they don't, well, it's just 80 dusts after all.

It's fine to keep whining, but more importantly, just take advantage of whatever you can!
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 11:02 PMPosted by VietPho
Hunter needs a nerf.

Edit:

I played against my Hunter friend using the "Ultimate Druid #2 and #3" decks posted on LiquidHearth and had a lot of trouble against his Hunter.

Here's the deck my buddy was using:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/29147-vietpho-budget-hunter

Here is Match #1 (Lost):
http://www.twitch.tv/fatstrawpdx/c/3652179

Match#2: (Forgot to record but I lost)

Match#3 (won):
http://www.twitch.tv/fatstrawpdx/c/3652219

The Hunter would kill me with the combos on turn 6 or 7. I'd have a taunt up but he would just silence it with the owl and attack me to the face. If I don't die, the Hunter would just beast attack to my face on the next turn.

The funniest part about this? That hunter deck your buddy is using is one of the lower Tiered hunter rushers. It's not even good.

And to add insult to injury, you played played that Druid deck horrribly.
Edited by Zoids62 on 2/11/2014 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 11:03 AMPosted by XBX
There is no doubt that UoH will be nerfed in next patch, but other than that, hunter is a fairly weak class.

My response is crafting the UoH cards and play hunter in this period. If they nerf, I can get the dust back; if they don't, well, it's just 80 dusts after all.

It's fine to keep whining, but more importantly, just take advantage of whatever you can!

BTW, it's not going to be nerfed.

It's been stated many times by staff since the last change that it was staying, as is.

Learn to play against it. It's not that difficult.
Reply Quote

are u retarded? how can u learn to play vs something that u cant summon many minions cuz of 1 card and u cant play few minions cuz u wont get enough pressure?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Gohanitos

are u retarded? how can u learn to play vs something that u cant summon many minions cuz of 1 card and u cant play few minions cuz u wont get enough pressure?

Well, you could always summon the right kind of minions. The issue is having multiple, weak, non-taunt minions up.

You keep focusing on removing "multiple", try removing the others.
Reply Quote
So i have to change half my minions and put useless taunts all that for 1 class, NICE.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Gohanitos
So i have to change half my minions and put useless taunts all that for 1 class, NICE.

Those "useless taunts" work just as well against all of the Rush decks out there, but regardless, you keep continuing to leap from extreme to extreme, and you just won't get it.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Verdash

Well, you could always summon the right kind of minions. The issue is having multiple, weak, non-taunt minions up.

The problem is not taunt or not. The problem is buzz + UoH which easily gives you >3 cards drawing by only 4 mana. That's overpowered for sure.
Reply Quote

The problem is not taunt or not. The problem is buzz + UoH which easily gives you >3 cards drawing by only 4 mana. That's overpowered for sure.

Northshire+Holy Nova+Circle of Healing can give you >3 cards for 6 mana (and note: depending on board, you might not even need Circle of Healing)

So, how again is it OP?
Divine Favor can easily give you 3+ cards, for 3 mana, and 1 card, so, what is the concern again? Both DF and UtH are based on what resources the enemy has. The more they have, the better the returns.

Let me guess, by "OP", what you really mean is, "my deck can't handle it so nerf plz"
Edited by Verdash on 2/11/2014 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
A hunter silenced my Rag with an owl just now lol.

I just played against 3 hunters in a row and am on like a 6th game win streak. One game I actually kept my minion count on board 2 and under and won the game ~_~
Edited by VietPho on 2/11/2014 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have no issues with Hunter's damage spells or secrets. The problem that I have with hunters is Starving Buzzard > Unleash the Hounds. If an opponent has 3 minions out, they pay 4 mana for 2/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, and draw 3 cards. The combo of those two cards plus the draw of Timber Wolf, Explosive Shot, Hunter's Mark, Kill Command, or Multi Shot, or combination of these, especially late game, effectively ends the game. The more minions an opponent controls, the more powerful the combo becomes. The ability to draw cards is far and away the most efficient skill for a minion to have, and in a deck where every other minion you drop procs the ability, if is overly efficient to the point of broken. Suggestion: Make each of these spells cost [3]. That severely limits a hunter's ability to end a game off of a two card combo while still effectively turning the tide of the battle and gaining board control.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 06:00 PMPosted by BobSov
The more minions an opponent controls, the more powerful the combo becomes.

The answer to your issues is so close that, if it were a Snake Trap, it would have bit you by now.
Reply Quote
[quote][quote]

Let me guess, by "OP", what you really mean is, "my deck can't handle it so nerf plz"

Let me tell you, that's not a good attitude to do conversation. I said it's OP because I PLAY HUNTER and I feel guilty each time I use it. Satisfied?
Reply Quote
Secrets too strong? lol at that.....

1st secret - 2 damage to all enemies - only kills minions with 2 health or below at time of secret (2 damage as aoe for a secret is not OP).

2nd secret - 4 damage to next minion played - used this in later rounds and still found myself occasionally killing a 1 or 2 health junk card (can't predict what health card they will play - not OP)

3rd secret - return next minion to attack to enemies hand and costs 2 more (this is OP for your opponent when they play gnomish inventor (card draw) or a buff minion (defender of argus). Once again you do not chose the secret this card goes to and it could give your opponent the advantage ironically.

that's 3/4 the secrets i'm pretty sure and only 1 is reliable from a predictability standpoint - and one can possible work to your opponents favor and not yours. Not seeing this as OP unless you've only seen the secrets a few times and played into each one which doesn't make them OP. Oh yeah the durability one for the weapon can be OP if they have all 3 other secrets to play and enough mana to play them all and the weapon. Very situational again, and if your in the wrong situation it will seem OP, but trying playing a hunter and you'll be in the situation enough on the opposite end and you'll see these secrets like everything else can look magical if they line up right, but they will not line up as often as you think.
Reply Quote
I play Hunter i dont think its OP at all, infact i find it much easier to get a decent anything else deck going on. Ive only been playing since its gone open Beta, so my card selection is junk. I rarely lose to hunter regardless of deck i use... the lowest rank ive achieve is like 12.

silly question, only watched first video couple of comments.

round 1, fine
round 2, why didnt you play the fisherman thingy? instead you imho wasted the 2 mana and sumoned the yeti, people here are all talking about how card drawing is best thing ever... 2 crystals as hunter doesnt give you a lot of options to kill something with 4 health, also for round 3 IF he played something somewhat OP you had the option of killing it with your 1-3 damage spell... anyway you played yeti, he played trap
round 3, hes got trap out, i dunno why you didnt test the water personally i would have attacked with yeti before calling the fisherman, heres why, off the top of my head only traps i remember:
- 2 damage to everything... now your fisherman took 2 damage as well since you played it first
- redirect - you kill your fisherman
- snake trap- nothing happens no minions
- oponents next summon takes 4 damage

i dunno thats just what i would have done, is test the waters to see which trap he played by attacking hero, then played the fisherman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]