Please Nerf Hunter

02/12/2014 06:27 AMPosted by XBX
[quote][quote]

Let me guess, by "OP", what you really mean is, "my deck can't handle it so nerf plz"

Let me tell you, that's not a good attitude to do conversation. I said it's OP because I PLAY HUNTER and I feel guilty each time I use it. Satisfied?

No, that still is an opinionated reason with no actual basis in gameplay balance, just, "feelings". Come up with a good reason before you start calling it OP, and then I'll be happy.
Reply Quote

Let me tell you, that's not a good attitude to do conversation. I said it's OP because I PLAY HUNTER and I feel guilty each time I use it. Satisfied?

No, that still is an opinionated reason with no actual basis in gameplay balance, just, "feelings". Come up with a good reason before you start calling it OP, and then I'll be happy.

Fine, let's talk about other comparable cards.

Northshire+Holy Nova+Circle of Healing can give you >3 cards for 6 mana (and note: depending on board, you might not even need Circle of Healing)

Northshire is another of my favorite cards, and to be honest, I think it a bit OP as well... Well, let's say it's different because you have to prepare damaged minions to draw the cards. You need to deploy a minion first, keep it alive, make it damaged but still alive, before drawing a card. It's even more than the pure board control.
What you addressed, "Northshire+Holy Nova+Circle of Healing" actually gives you nothing.
That's why drawing >3 cards for priest is very rare because it's hard to manage.

Divine Favor can easily give you 3+ cards, for 3 mana, and 1 card, so, what is the concern again?

This card depends on your opponent's card advantage, it only makes the two of you back to tie. More importantly, it won't change the board control.
On the other hand, UtH draws cards as well as gaining back the board control. That's the big difference.
It's almost impossible to lose card advantage "on purpose", but it's fairly easy to lose board on purpose - you just do nothing.

We can also address the issue by talking about the counter methods. To counter a priest is easy, kill the minion or don't damage it at all. To counter a paladin, well, just play the cards.

But how to counter buzz+UtH?
I actually don't mind how many damages dealt by your hounds, I just want to prevent you from drawing too many cards. You mentioned playing Taunt instead of cheap minions. But taunt won't help in card drawing - not to say you even have the hunter's mark which works perfect with the hounds.

The only way is to play less than 3 minions all the time against hunter. I believe it is unfair to ask.
I play hunter and I win >7 out 10 games after the current patch. Whenever I drew buzz+UtH in the first 5 rounds, I never lost. I even feel a bit tired to play hunter because the routine is boring: let the opponent have board in early game -> draw a bunch of cards at turn 4-5 -> gain back board control, mark the heavy taunt if necessary -> now you have the board and significant card advantage, you win easily in the next 3-5 turns.

Though I don't have evidence of my statistics and I'm not recognized player either, I believe my statement is more than just the personal bias.

I hope this makes you happier than before.
Edited by XBX on 2/12/2014 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 01:01 PMPosted by ReZar
I lost a game, nerf the class I lost against they are OP.

That's about 9 of 10 threads here made by bad players.

He lost 2 games using a pros deck. This is not the same bull !@#$ that your stupid, ignorant brain is thinking of.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Crazy
He lost 2 games using a pros deck. This is not the same bull !@#$ that your stupid, ignorant brain is thinking of.

You give a casual driver the winning NASCAR vehicle, that doesn't mean he will win races.

And, 2 games is a very thorough sample size /sarcasm
Reply Quote
I've played the hunter rush 105 times in ranked ... it got me to rank 10 .. then BAAAM BOOOM druid-shaman-wall hits u in the face .. and unless u get a lucky hand/draws AND the opponent gets !@#$ty cards it's really hard to win.

I have tested several ways..

ALL IN .. just go for the face with everything u have .. never kill a minion, unless it's a taunt

KILL ALL .. as soon as opponent plays a minion kill it

MIX .. kill a minion if he can be a problem for u later

I had winstreaks of 7-8 matches .. but even lost 7 in a row at rank 10

PS. since everybody that whines here, say it's so easy to play it .. just all in the face how could i fail so totally

PS2 ... my total score on the hunter-rush was 57-48 ... 54,3% winrate

Right now i'm testing another kind of hunterdeck .. so far i have 31-18 on that (all played between rank 13 and 9) testing will continue
Edited by Luffe on 2/12/2014 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Luffe
I've played the hunter rush 105 times in ranked ... it got me to rank 10 .. then BAAAM BOOOM druid-shaman-wall hits u in the face .. and unless u get a lucky hand/draws AND the opponent gets !@#$ty cards it's really hard to win.

I have tested several ways..

ALL IN .. just go for the face with everything u have .. never kill a minion, unless it's a taunt

KILL ALL .. as soon as opponent plays a minion kill it

MIX .. kill a minion if he can be a problem for u later

I had winstreaks of 7-8 matches .. but even lost 7 in a row at rank 10

PS. since everybody that whines here, say it's so easy to play it .. just all in the face how could i fail so totally

PS2 ... my total score on the hunter-rush was 57-48 ... 54,3% winrate

Right now i'm testing another kind of hunterdeck .. so far i have 31-18 on that (all played between rank 13 and 9) testing will continue

huh! hunter is a terrible match up for shaman. unless they play windfury leeory, still have to get lucky
Reply Quote
Trump just lost to double unleash the hounds.
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 08:30 PMPosted by VietPho
Trump just lost to double unleash the hounds.

Stop the presses Trump lost. Very Original thread, definitely need 14 of these threads on page 1.
Reply Quote
I think anyone who is saying "this is how you beat a hunter" is forgetting, you have no control (except vs friends) who you're going to face and what deck they are. Well you do have control, I auto-concede hunters lol. I just find hunter OP because they're the only class right now that I have to play a certain way, or build a certain deck JUST to have a chance at beating them. Almost every other deck I face it comes down to draws, mistakes, and strategy. I don't expect the deck I'm playing to win 100%, but it should have a 100% chance at winning, not the 0% chance like it is now.

I agree with this statement. When you face other opponents you see deck variations and different strategies and it comes down to some really cool games. When you face hunter, its almost always UTH. Very few stray from this strategy. Whether it needs a nerf or not is yet to be seen, but when you have a card game where players gravitate toward not only one type of class but a specific class with a specific strategy, then something has to be done because this effects game balance and game mechanics.

I have to say one of the most balanced card games I ever played was shadow era. Even with basic cards you could be competitive, and while each class has its own type of strategy to use there was a good variety of every class played by everyone. That is what I feel blizzard is trying to shoot for in this game, but with the current meta the way hunter is now this is not happening. We shall see what happens in the future. If in the upper scale of play it ends up being hunters that clearly dominate the field something will be done.
Reply Quote
[I have to say one of the most balanced card games I ever played was shadow era. Even with basic cards you could be competitive, and while each class has its own type of strategy to use there was a good variety of every class played by everyone. That is what I feel blizzard is trying to shoot for in this game, but with the current meta the way hunter is now this is not happening. We shall see what happens in the future. If in the upper scale of play it ends up being hunters that clearly dominate the field something will be done.

So your conclusion is that Druids should be nerfed alot and hunter buffed more, since in the upper scale Druids is in total domination and hunters are in 6-7place and seldom played in legendary rank.

The reason there is so few hunters in legendary is that it's so easy to counter with a good control-deck.

The reason so many cry about hunters is that most that play Hearstone in causual and rank 25-10 plays aggro-decks and don't wanna change their playstyle ...

Why should they (they say) it works pretty well against the other 8classes.

If u play few and strong minions ... UtH with all it's combo it's pretty useless .... getting 2-3card and 2-3 1/1minions for 4mana, 2-card combo, ain't OP ....

Against aggro decks .....lots of minions ... getting 5-7card and 5-7 1/1, for same cost, is rather OP.
Edited by Luffe on 2/17/2014 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 11:36 PMPosted by oidrevdal
In case they didn't know: hunter is fine.

Says someone who probably plays a hunter deck and is blind to their OPness
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 11:02 PMPosted by VietPho
Hunter needs a nerf.

VietPho needs skill
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 11:34 PMPosted by Specter

Play one minion? Deadly shot. Play two minions? Multi-shot. Play three minions?
Unleash the hounds/Explosive Shot. The problem is that there's no real straight answer to what a Hunter can do.

So play one minion they don't want to deadlyshot like a golem. Or play two minions with more than 3 hp. Or don't line your minions up to get blown out by an explosive shot. There are plenty of ways to play around hunter removal.
Reply Quote
explosive trap really needs a nerf its to strong right now i agree with user "Wtflag" make a new neutral card that destroy secrets...
Reply Quote
Every nooby kiddo and his little sister play Hunter these days, even top players if u watch streams, they ALL PLAY HUNTER for the most part.
So please nerf hunter blizzard, 50% of my ranked games are vs Hunters!!! with no brainer deck, Unleash the Skill for 2 mana? LOL make it 3 mana maybe? 0 mana arcane shot just to kill ANY unit with endless hounds while drawing half of the deck in the process?.Deal 5 damage for mana to face or anything? And thats just the small part of OP'ness.Hunter is a ridiculous joke. Period
And yes i know what i am talking about, i have over 2500 HS games, and i am currently Rank 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]