Should I disenchant

Should I disenchant my other classes cards and stick with one or two characters?
I very like playing Druid and Mage but I don't have all the good cards.
Reply Quote
To be honest if you are not planning on spending a lot of time grinding for gold or willing to spend some cash on packs it would be best to stick to one or two classes.

What many players do is craft essential neutrals which can be used effectively by multiple class such as Fairie Dragins, Harvest Golums, Defender of Argus and a many other cards that you see over and over and have multiple threads speaking about lack of diversity in neutral minions haha

Only drawback is the value you get when you DE a rare card. You need to DE 2 rares to make 1 common and thats pretty rough if your beginner. Another strategy used is see what rares or epics you are lucky enough to pull in your first 5-7 packs you get by completing your basics and use that class but you may not be open to that.

Good news is Mage basic cards are excellent so you can make a decent deck without getting to many cards. The bad news is Druid is one of the most expensive classes if not thee expensive class if you want to make a control style deck.

Best option is go rush/aggro since its cheaper. There are a few decks to look at in the Druid threads.

Also what rares do you have so far?

Cheers & GL,
CC-
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply.

Already got for
Druid:
Acient of War x1
Bite x2
Druid of the Claw x2
Nourish x2
Wrath x2

Mage:
Pyroblas x1
Blizzard x1
Counterspell x1
Mana wyrm x2
Sorcerer's Apprentice x2

I got Legendery for Warrior.
Gromash
Rampage x2
Mortal Strike x1
Frothin Berserker x1
Brawl x1
Edited by steylejcik on 2/3/2014 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
you're not going to need too much more for Mage, really just the neutral minions which will help for Druid as well (Azure Drake comes to mind)
Reply Quote
I have Azure Drake. Forgot to mention it.
Edited by steylejcik on 2/3/2014 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
My opinion make your Mage and Warrior deck and fill in your Druid deck as you get more packs. Would hate to DE Gromash and Brawl since he is quite popular these days in warrior decks and you can make a very effective warrior deck with minimal rares and no epics. Check out Raynad warrior deck for some ideas.

If you did end up DEing Grom and Brawl you can pick up Ancient of Lore for your Druid deck and Keeper of the Grove. If you DE the rest you can pick up another rare or 2.

I would rather go the first route and hopefully lady RNG luck is on your side for the next 5-10 packs.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
play warrior. its a really great deck and you got the legendary.
Reply Quote
Personally, I'd rather spend the money on packs than to DE cards. Grinding is okay in my opinion, you can easily get 60 or so gold just by doing the quests. You just don't know whether you'll want to switch classes in the future. You might find yourself getting beat by another class then wanting to try building try out his class.
Reply Quote
I guess it depends on how you view this game. If you think you'll be playing this for years to come then don't do it. If you only see yourself playing for a few months then consider it.

Of the classes you mentioned the Warrior is the easiest to fill out and the cheapest not to mention you have Grom. The Mage isn't to bad the only cards I had to go out of my way for were Spellbenders and Antonidas. The Druid is expensive no mater how you slice it.

Focus on one class at a time and knock them out one by one unless you need a specific card to make a deck viable in which case craft what you need.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 05:15 AMPosted by Peripatetic
I guess it depends on how you view this game. If you think you'll be playing this for years to come then don't do it. If you only see yourself playing for a few months then consider it.

I will second this. I would just keep grinding and hoping to get lucky. Be creative with substitutes for cards you don't have yet. Who knows? Maybe you'll actually find something that synergizes very well. For example, I didn't have Ancient of War before and only had one Druid of the Claw, so I put in Archmage and Ogre Magi instead and found out how well those synergized with my deck. Now, those are staples in my deck and I don't even want another Ancient of War in it and I made room for another Ogre Magi.

Also, if you have both at 10 mana and cast Archmage first and then Ogre Magi, they'll be all like:
"Are you ready for this?"
"I'm ready!"
"I'm not ready!"
:>
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 08:26 AMPosted by starblade876
Be creative with substitutes for cards you don't have yet.

I'll also Agree with this. I made pauper decks (free and common cards only) when I first started because I wasn't sure how much I would want to buy in. Most classes are actually quite well adapted to this. Start from the ground up on whatever you're most cumfortable with.
Edited by Peripatetic on 2/4/2014 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks to all for the reply.
I will stick to Mage and Warrior. I won't disenchant other classes cards.
Now I'm trying to succeed at the arena.
Cheers.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 07:29 AMPosted by steylejcik
Should I disenchant my other classes cards and stick with one or two characters?
I very like playing Druid and Mage but I don't have all the good cards.

from my experience this is okay to do on a small scale, but large scale wipes is dissatisfying.

what I mean is, if you have an epic (say kidnapper) for rogue, and you never play rogue, but you are 100 short of a card you need for druid, to me I don't mind swapping it out in times of "need" when trying to finish a deck you want to use - and if you stick with a class it's not too bad.

my thought originally was - screw it, DE everything that's not a value common or a class I use, and I did, and it was a bad idea IMHO just because you get so much less value, then when you ever want to do a daily quest of another class it's so gimped and unsatisfying.

Now I only DE cards I have 2 of or gold versions I keep and de one vanilla version each time I get a 2nd one (ie keep 1 gold 1 plain, not 1 gold 2 plains)

I wish I would have never DE'd any cards for other classes originally, because I'll eventually have them all, and now when i try another class I have a solid base since I haven't de'd any in a while... it's cool to see a deck then go be able to try it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]