Balance conserning Rogues

First post 2long2read, I went trough the first few lines and they were enough to establish that you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you know how many creatures there are in this deck?
7-8. With at least 3 of them utility in any variation. With the current "Yeti" meta wich revolves around 4-5,most importantly 5 health, there's nothing rouges can do about a mid-game flood even if they sacrifice their evi. Argus.Sunfury and it's GG
Reply Quote
Shiv, poison, BF, thalnos, evi, cb, bs... There's a lot to be done with mid creatures.
Reply Quote
Yes but again the problem is we need to many cards to do the same or worse damage as other classes so again we are always in card-disadvatage
Reply Quote
Well if you win it doesn't matter. I generally tend to spend more cards than the other guy, but that's never seems to be the problem when I lose.
The problem if anything is that the deck I run has slight reliance on leeroy. Works without, but it's a far tighter fit.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 04:11 AMPosted by Dragnipur
Ever noticed that every single post about something being OP takes the dream scenario as a example. Yes if i have 10 mana , leeroy, double shadowstep and double cold blood i can do allot of damage, assuming you have no taunt. But every class can do allot of damage with 10 mana and 5 cards of their choice. But in reality, you will rarely have that combo of cards at 10 mana, and if you decide not to use them but save them till than you might be killed before you even reach 10 mana. Take a more realistic scenario when making complaints.

PS there is a vid on youtube showing that every class can do a OTK at 10 mana with certain cards

Exactly... Here's my cool story:

Light spawn + 2 health, double health, double health, 28 damage 1 turn whaaaat?
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 10:01 AMPosted by Dekar

Dekar, your Lightspawn has charge?! My game must be bugged, I'll send Blizzard a bug report. Could you shoot me a screenshot of your Lightspawn so I can get mine fixed please?

Thanks bud!
Reply Quote
Lol I can definitely feel the rogue nerf's, the class has gotten much weaker now in terms of consistency and here we are again people asking for nerf's.

No respect.
Reply Quote
Yet druids and shammys are destroying tournies and hunters and warriors are all over ranked. How did you come to the conclusion rogues are op? you got beaten by one? boo hoo
Reply Quote
+1 to Sprixus

Shammies and druids have far better removal AND cards that do far more than their worth

rogue has...combo cards? meaning we need to waste extra cards to do the same amount of damage?

dont be upset cause someone found a way to use the already weak rogue class
Reply Quote
myeh tried shaman for the first time in a looong time for a quest... dat hex man.. rogue need an imba removal card like that.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 10:01 AMPosted by Dekar
Ever noticed that every single post about something being OP takes the dream scenario as a example. Yes if i have 10 mana , leeroy, double shadowstep and double cold blood i can do allot of damage, assuming you have no taunt. But every class can do allot of damage with 10 mana and 5 cards of their choice. But in reality, you will rarely have that combo of cards at 10 mana, and if you decide not to use them but save them till than you might be killed before you even reach 10 mana. Take a more realistic scenario when making complaints.

PS there is a vid on youtube showing that every class can do a OTK at 10 mana with certain cards

This is a pathetic response. Everyone knows light spawn sucks and will be nullified before it does anything real. Can't even believe you brought lightspawn up, being the worst of the wombo combos for priests to do since it is so vulnerable to silence and removal it isn't funny.
Reply Quote
Hi Bleed,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a well constructed argument. I can only speak from experience and I am not that great at this game, only rank 15 with my rogue, but the way I see it is if you take just the leeroy jenkins combo AS IS without thinking about the probability of having all of the other cards in your hand to pull off the combo exactly when you need them plus have the board set up to work in your favor then yes it looks OP. In addition, when you are on the receiving end of this combo you are like "WTF!!" and want to smash your PC. but as stated by other posters every class has OTK combos, but playing a deck in the game where your only win in the deck is OTK is not a strong deck IMO. Perhaps I do not play the miracle deck correctly but I have played 50 games with miracle deck and 56 games with minion deck and I have a 50% win rate with minion deck and only a 30% win rate with miracle rogue. IMO miracle rogue is a weak deck in the current meta game. You will almost certainly die to swarm and heavy aggro decks while relying on the "perfect" storm to brew in your hand to play your massive combo. To me, that is not OP. You have to consider the entire situation not just the combo taken out of context. Also, I find the miracle rogue boring to play. I am not sure how many players actually have success with the miracle rogue deck, but for me I fail with it. Would rather trade minions and play combo cards to activiate abilities and if I happen to pull jenkins and have a SS in my hand, sure I hit you for 12, but again we are now getting into the late game, which is not the rogue strong point. All classes have powerfull finishers in the 7-8+ mana range.
Reply Quote
Cold Blood cost should be increased.
Reply Quote
like many complainers do, you don't know how to counter a particular deck with your favorite deck build so you just say some core cards of that deck is not well balanced. And you probably never played that deck or even that class so you don't know how in practice miracle deck is not that OP.

To counter miracle deck, simply keep the pressure up early on. If your deck is rather a mid/late game deck, make sure as you get to round six use DOA or sunfury to build multiple taunt on board, not just one, expensive taunt.

Also miracle relies heavily on card draw. As others have mentioned you need that perfect hand to perform that miracle moment. So be prepared to take out Nat Pagle/Auctioneers ASAP.

I hope my fellow rogues won't assassinate me for giving your advise. If they do, don't let me die in vain.
Reply Quote
*concerning
Reply Quote
There are a ton of ways to counter the miracle rogue and sometimes you don't even have to because they aren't drawing the 'perfect' cards to instigate the combo. It is only OP, as so you call it, when they pull the right combos off. All other times, it's just a flop. IMO, it's a difficult and inconsistent deck to run but if you ever do pull off those 'miracles', the satisfaction is priceless.
Reply Quote
Simplest fix, sorry if somebody mentioned already, creatures should be able to attack once per turn. Even if you recast them, the card should remember if it attacked that turn if that makes any sense to you.
Edit: rogue is my fave deck to play, I really like the miracle deck concept, I play a variation with no legends, Mana Addict and Arcane Golem replacing them.
It's just bad design that I can with a good hand just ignore everything my opponent plays cause it doesn't matter what they do.
Edited by Boasteri on 3/13/2014 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The easiest fix is to make the whelps summoned by Leeroy have taunt.
Reply Quote
OP,

The miracle rogue is one of the most fun decks to play. When it works, it works beautifully, and you have to actually put some thought into it. If you don't get the right draw, or fail to get the auctioneer by turn 7, you most likely lost, period, full stop.

I think the miracle Rogue is fine. Today I lost a game because my opponent put down 2 taunts during the decisive turn. Game over right there, shot down by 1 taunt (I had one sap).

Moreso, I think that the most recent Warlock zoo deck that everyone's running is more consistently strong than the miracle Rogue. By turn 5 you already win (or you concede and start a new game) and the strategy involved is minimal: hit face, make efficient trades, life tap.

But I grant you, when you get hit for a lot of damage, it feels bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]