Generally pleased with Warlock

So I have been investing a fair amount of time and effort into my warlock deck and have found it to be quite fun! My deck is full of demons and focuses on winning late-game. Felguard is quite powerful when combined with summoning portal. He can protect the portal long enough to allow time for you to bring in the bigger demons. As a warlock I feel like I'm constantly taking a chance playing cards that sacrifice other cards- it is imperative to be able to adapt accordingly. Void terror can be a game changer with a succubus or two on the field. Doom guard also is great for surprise attacks. Basically I have fun sitting back and trying to out smart my opponent in the late-game, carefully playing cards with the understanding that sacrifices must be made to defeat the opponent and that an occasional life tap can be used to quickly burst the enemy with an extremely powerful army of demon minions.

Any comments on the warlock cards? I actually enjoy all the demons - I just need pit lord and of course lord jaraxxus.
Reply Quote
I would, however, like to see felhunter and eye of kilrog... As well as rain of chaos and metamorphosis...
Edited by LilLink on 2/3/2014 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
care to share your rank with this deck, fellow warlock?
Reply Quote
Yeah, having a Warlock deck with demons is fun, and despite the drawbacks feels satisfying. I especially enjoy the risks you take every turn with a Warlock. Having said that, some cards may need some work eventually. Many demoncards just aren't that ideal to play more than once.

I only don't really like Felguard. That is one card that IMO definitely needs to be reworked. Maybe giving it a drawback like Overload for Shaman.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 02:29 PMPosted by LilLink
Void terror can be a game changer with a succubus or two on the field

Yes, a game changer for 5 cards (each succubus =2 cards) which can be easily removed with 1 hard removal or silence.

02/04/2014 01:48 AMPosted by Tetsuo
care to share your rank with this deck, fellow warlock?

That's what I am interested in myself. I mean it's easy to have fun and win with any kind of decks at low levels. But to call a deck playable it should have at least a 50% win chance on certain ranks.
Reply Quote
Currently I am rank 19... I have gotten as high as rank 18 I believe. I have completely changed my deck since my first post. No more void walkers, no more succubus. I do have 2 felguards, though... :) I have bad internet so I do DC a lot... Makes things frustrating obviously.
Reply Quote
I am now rank 17.. Had some good games this morning. Rushing with pit lord and using sacrificial pact with imp master (and on enemy voidwalker) LOL.... Fun! I have Lord Jaraxxus and Bloodmage Thalnos in deck.
Reply Quote
I also made a demon lock deck. I am still twicking it though. I decided to go for late game so I took Lord J, and removed the felguards. It's quite fun. Though I think that some minions should really get a small buff.
Reply Quote
Felguard can be decent in the late game as they have an extremely low cost and aren't particularly easy to deal with. The taunts have saved me in the late game where sacrificing a mana crystal really doesn't matter. I tend to use them in the early game if I'm having bad luck with card draw, as well as mid game if I am trying to stall the opponent until I draw jaraxxus. If I have jaraxxus in hand obviously I don't summon them until after I play jaraxxus. :)
Reply Quote
Warlock are like double edge sword kind of hero. There are once i got 2hp left, opponent got 10hp left. My hand have 2 Soul Fire and 1 Corruption. After kill my last Dread Infernal, i got a draw Ogre Magi. I put a Ogre Magi on board, making my Soul Fire a 5 damage. Knowing that if i dont use two soulf fire this turn (and with a risk gamble) i will lose anyway, so i cast 1st Soul Fire, it discard the Corruption card, and i cast another Soulfire, winning me the game. :D The feel got see the Soul Fire discard Corruption card instead of the 2nd Soulfire card is very satisfying. There were once i have to use Soul Fire desperately and it discard Lord Jaxx, lowering my change to win, that it kinda suck sometime.
Reply Quote
The only card I have in my deck that causes discard is doom guard. I put him in for after I already have summoned jaraxxus. I will use him in an emergency, however, if jaraxxus is not in hand.
Reply Quote
I got my Doomguard by buy gold, i use it once. Discard 2 random cards is kinda risky unless on turn 5 you have useless card on your hand. Also with Succubus, never use it. Prefer Soulf Fire on my deck.
Reply Quote
I am considering putting soulfire into my current deck. Its an awesome card. 0 cost? Cant beat that...
Reply Quote
Its awesome card but especially with Spell Damage+. But with it Random discard card it is kinda suck when it discard your other Soul Fire card.
Reply Quote
You can get to rank 17 with any random cards once you get to rank 5 with this deck then I will be surprised
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]