Jaraxxus V.S. Sacrificial Pact

Actually now that I remember the OP, I think that person may have been me
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Rusery
Why do people hate on sac pact...? its amazingly useful in many situations

It's such a worthless card for every other situation that if another Warlock kills me with it, I ain't even mad.

From greatest use to least

Scenario 1: Pally neuters your demon - sac it.
Scenario 2: Imp master.... sacem!
Scenario 3: Warlock plays Jarxy or other demons. - sacem!
Scenario 4: Minion has low health, will suffer lethal next turn to a bad trade. - sac it (after you (if) can hit for damage)
Scenario 5: You can play Pit Lord without being too scared
Scenario 6: You're facing lethal with garbage on the board and you just need to hold out for one more turn to top deck a miracle (yeah its happened but its rare)

So there you go, you can try to argue these points, but most are pretty valid uses of this card. I only play demon heavy decks as a warlock and i've tried to make a hundred variations of demons to work and its tough, but if you run a heavy demon control you will find a use for it. (not many people play demon heavy though so meh)

It can also kill Illidian a legendary neutral. Also the imps the imp master summons can be killed.
Still though the card is very situational, I think you are better off using the space for different cards.
Reply Quote
I got a good winning ratio with my Warlock deck.

An other utility for this card is to be dicarted!
When you use Succubus or Soulfire you can hope this card will be discarted.
If not you can use it.

And other utility is with the Fire Imp.He does 3 damages but you got 2 heal when you need it. I know its not that good but saved me some times.
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 12:34 AMPosted by Lech
Sac Pact is just weak as a card. 5 life isn't much for 2 cards. Not to mention that it's terrible topdeck.

I tend to use it vs Priest that steals my cards, other Warlocks, or Illidian.

But outside of those times, my main use for it is to sacrifice a card beefed up with Power Overwhelming if I can't play a Void Terror on it, since I'm going to lose it anyway.
Reply Quote
hahahaha

didnt even knew that was possible
Reply Quote
So, to all the people saying 'it buys you a turn', or 'the demon is about to die anyway' or 'a paladin just made him a gimp', I think you're overthinking it.

If Sac Pact bought you a turn, what if you just played a card that actually could get you out of a fix in its place? I mean, I get that you can Life Tap that health, so it's not like you're just binning two cards for a paltry 5 life, but that costs mana too...

I guess I just don't see it. This Jaraxxus business seems pretty narrow; unless there was some sick 'Jaraxxus build' tearing up ranked and you play a single Sacrificial Pact just to counter... but, think about what I just wrote there, and how ridiculous it sounds.
Reply Quote
I run a Jaraxxus deck, i use the sense bloods for him and the 2 void taunt guys, sense blood gives you 1 mana demons if you dont have any in your deck, you hold onto them and your sacrificial packsfor life before yourn in to J , or after.. the deck is very successful so far , if anyone wants the decklist
Reply Quote
Ever have a paladin use repentance on jarjar? you live, at 1 health
Reply Quote
What do you two think this is... the Death Knight forums?

Shikamaru: Doesn't Jaxx make you only have 15 MAX health? I don't see Sac. Pact being all that useful immediately after playing Jaxx.
Reply Quote
05/21/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Tsenzei

Shikamaru: Doesn't Jaxx make you only have 15 MAX health? I don't see Sac. Pact being all that useful immediately after playing Jaxx.

Saccing one of the hero power infernals gets you 1/3rd of your life back, not too shabby in a pinch.
Reply Quote
05/21/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Pancake
05/21/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Tsenzei

Saccing one of the hero power infernals gets you 1/3rd of your life back, not too shabby in a pinch.

The poster in question was talking about using Worthless Imps+Sac Pact, as if a combo with Jaraxxus on the same turm. At least that's how it seemed, their grammar/English wasn't the greatest, so if I missunderstood Shikamaru please do feel free to correct me.

That said, 1/3rd of your health isn't much at 15, and unless you got hit for that or more it'll do relatively nothing, and it's not like that's more health than 1/6th at 30.

I've said this many times (and I'm sure many people want to tell me to lay off beating what is now glue) but Sac. Pact is one of the worst designed cards (if not actually the worst designed card) in this game, swinging wildly between nearly useless and literally game winning, with little to no actual in-between. Naturally, if it is destroying friendly token (Imps from Imp Master for example) or a 1-drop, it can be considered a slightly over-efficient self-heal, almost on par with Soul Fire. The difference however is that Soul Fire can key off of any card in your hand, not just Demons, and has actual top-deck potential (and it's still a little more efficient in terms of mana value anyway).

Sacraficial Pact "makes up" for this deficiency by being able to be used offensively. The problem with that being that it essentially becomes increasingly over-efficient even against tokens, let alone larger Demons like Succubus, Pit Lord, Infernal, Doomguard, or Jaraxxus.

The only reason this hasn't been a real issue yet is that there are only two sources of Neutral Demons (Imp Master and Illidan), and almost no one uses enough Demons to justify it outside of perhaps some tournament decks (as a specific counter to some specific Warlock decks if you're expecting them); otherwise the likelihood of running into a Warlock, let alone one that uses enough Demons, is currently too low relative to the slot.

If the condition which makes Sac. Pact "good" becomes less and less overspecialized (aka, Demons in general become more prevalent) then the issue will be actualized. It'd be like flipping a switch. "This card is generally weak so that justifies it's edge-case situational power." Would become "This card is too strong, using it on my own stuff is a weak edge-case situation, and I wouldn't even want to even if the heal was efficient for the minion sacrificed."

No middle ground as it's designed, and the card itself could potentially overly distort future designs of Demon cards.

Think about it this way. If Sac. Pact said "Beast" instead of "Demon." Does anyone think it wouldn't need to be changed?
Reply Quote
I'm hoping that's what a Hemet Nesingwary card eventually does, straight up destroy a beast plus heal.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 09:44 PMPosted by Serefina
02/03/2014 07:34 PMPosted by DMNTD
The card should read " Destroy a friendly demon"

No, im still waiting that Illidan will be a common card in each deck.

Lots of token decks in this meta. No Illidan. BGH target, and they'll have one by the time you play him since handlocks are common.
Reply Quote
05/22/2014 06:52 AMPosted by Pancake
I'm hoping that's what a Hemet Nesingwary card eventually does, straight up destroy a beast plus heal.

Sure, but he won't cost 0 mana.
Reply Quote
15 damage 0 cost insta win card? Yeah this needs to be changed PRONTO.
Reply Quote
06/14/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Arkondrius

Yeah um hate to break it to you but since jar is a 9 cost minion anyways making it cost more then 0 mana wouldn't make any difference anyways, also its a risk to play jar and this only works against one hero, so don't be dumb there's no reason to debuff something like sac pact
Reply Quote
Agreed total BS
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 01:43 AMPosted by camerons101
06/14/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Arkondrius

Yeah um hate to break it to you but since jar is a 9 cost minion anyways making it cost more then 0 mana wouldn't make any difference anyways, also its a risk to play jar and this only works against one hero, so don't be dumb there's no reason to debuff something like sac pact

Um hate to break it to YOU but Jar works against any class as long as y ou know how to play him and YES it needs to be fixed to where if he replaces your hero then he should not be targeted by minion spells that is bs. I can't buff him with Power overwhelming or demonic fire they shouldntbe able to sacrificial pact him
Reply Quote
Ha, ok now that naxrammas is in, turn sacrificial pact into a good card, imagine having only two doom guards in hand, along with a sacrificial pact, with a void caller on the field, sacrifice the voidcaller after using it, then play your other doomguard, 10 damage plus a 5 heal in one turn, value or what?
Reply Quote
In Magic, black decks were basically hard countered by other black decks. Similar idea with warlocks, I guess. I think it's great.

SacPac messes with mirror matches, if handlock ever becomes a dominate archetype -- which it just might, the only thing really stopping it might be the crafting cost. As much as I loathe the deck and don't want it getting any advantages :) I'll also say that SacPac gives zoo a useful tool to death a handlock's taunt clampdown.

And it's fantastic in midrange demonology decks, to whom both zoo and handlock can be troublesome, albeit for different reasons.

But I do think it's pretty funny that someone was actually tecking that card and beat you with it.

02/23/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Help
That is just hilarious lol wish i was there to watch that.

That ^
Edited by WanYao on 10/5/2014 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]