Game only runs at 60fps when windowed

When I've got the game in full screen mode on my Mac Mini 2013, the game runs at what seems like 30fps. Whenever I recieve a Skype notification toast, though, the game momentarily goes up to what feels like 60. It's really smooth and noticeable. Once the toast goes away, the game goes back to 30fps.

So I did an experiment and turned off full screen mode for Hearthstone, and in the window (at the same resolution) it runs a looot faster during battles. Anyone know why this is?
Reply Quote
Hello Arky,

You may want to reset the game back to it's default settings over the Battle.net Launcher and check if that makes any difference. I'm on the same system as you are, and haven't noticed any differences yet. I doubt that you can get over 60 fps on the Mac Mini 2013 with Medium/High Settings.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply! That didn't seem to fix it. I'm fairly sure I can do 60fps since this game can't be that GPU intensive (and I have 16GB of RAM as well as a quad-core CPU), in addition to the fact that in windowed mode (at the same resolution) it runs at 60.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]