Account-Specific Card Wipe

(Locked)

Blizzard, please consider implementing an optional one-time-only card wipe for individual players. This wipe would only occur on an individual's account if they chose to do so, and would wipe all cards and refund an equal amount of card packs that had been bought with real money.

Why?
- Several months back, Blizzard told all players that when the game was released, all cards would be wiped and packs would be refunded upon the final release of the game. For a lot of players, myself included, this was a big incentive to spend money on card packs for the purpose of experimentation and outright fun. I myself spent $200 on packs, and then did a lot of crafting of cards that I normally wouldn't have made, but wanted to simply because the card sounded fun or interesting, or I wanted to test some card combinations. I wasn't bothered by this because I knew my money would be well-spent since I would get to redo this process after the card wipe.

So what?
- Not much later, Blizzard decided to change their mind and NOT continue with any future card wipes. So the random cards I decided to try out are now the cards I'm stuck with. I've seen other posts about this topic, so I know for a fact that quite a few people are upset and feel they've been a bit deceived by Blizzard, which isn't too fun.

Who should get the card-wipe option?
- Players who were involved in the closed-beta, or everyone. This would at least allow players to feel like their money was well-spent, and would not punish them for having experimented with different cards. Blizzard isn't losing anything in this deal, they're simply allowing players to get what was originally stated.

How would it work?
- An in-game option would be added to allow any player to wipe his/her account ONE TIME ONLY, and receive an equal number of card packs that had been purchased with real money in the past.

Couldn't this be exploited?
- I'm not sure how. Players would only be able to do this ONCE per account, and would only receive packs that had been bought with REAL money, not gold or arena-earned.

As all of you can tell, I put a decent amount of time into this topic because I feel it is important, and it's something I've seen brought up time and time again. I hope many of you will share your opinions/thoughts about this.

TLDR: Blizzard, please consider implementing an optional one-time-only card wipe for individual players. This wipe would only occur on an individual's account if they chose to do so, and would wipe all cards and refund an equal amount of card packs that had been bought with real money.
They changed their stance on the wipe 5 months ago. Pretending like it was a sudden change in their attitude, or that it was even recently changed, is ignorant.

If you can't take a few minutes to research something before spending money on it, nobody is going to sympathize with you. The people who claim they were "experimenting" with cards are basically trying to make up a reason for their buyer's remorse. You could have crafted those cards for free.

And why would you wipe ALL your cards and only have things refunded that you spent money on? The whole idea will hurt you bad. Think it through.
Uhh .. no.

First, who would do this? Even if you spent real money, you probably bought a lot of packs via gold (Or Arena rewards) why would you want to lose all those cards just because you made some poor disenchanting decisions?

Other Situation:
I bought and opened 50 packs .. but got "unlucky" and didn't get many epics or legendaries. I would like a REDO please and hopefully get some of those power legendaries!
Yeah, it's not a good idea.
I agree with you. Blizzard should respect what they have stated originally. Not my case but it's obvious that many players have made bad decisions on crafting just because they knew it would have a wipe later.

Not offering a wipe anymore is just disrespectful in my opinion.
02/06/2014 10:09 AMPosted by Heisenberg
They changed their stance on the wipe 5 months ago. Pretending like it was a sudden change in their attitude, or that it was even recently changed, is ignorant.

If you can't take a few minutes to research something before spending money on it, nobody is going to sympathize with you. The people who claim they were "experimenting" with cards are basically trying to make up a reason for their buyer's remorse. You could have crafted those cards for free.

And why would you wipe ALL your cards and only have things refunded that you spent money on? The whole idea will hurt you bad. Think it through.
Your rebuttal has merit but to begin a response by suggesting the OP is ignorant accomplishes nothing but to illustrate your lack of manners...
Edited by Merlin on 2/6/2014 10:25 AM PST
02/06/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Merlin

Your rebuttal has merit but to begin a response by suggesting the OP ignorant accomplishes nothing but to illustrate your lack of manners...

Being ignorant on a subject is hardly offensive. If you think a 5 month old statement that has since been corrected and talked about extensively everywhere since then as a factual statement, then that is just not a smart argument. And I stand by that statement because of things like....

02/06/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Tig20xxX
I agree with you. Blizzard should respect what they have stated originally. Not my case but it's obvious that many players have made bad decisions on crafting just because they knew it would have a wipe later.

People who don't understand that things change in a Beta are ignorant to how things work. I am not calling you an idiot, I am saying your defense for the topic is flawed and has no legs to stand on.

Your rebuttal has merit but to begin a response by suggesting the OP ignorant accomplishes nothing but to illustrate your lack of manners...

Being ignorant on a subject is hardly offensive. If you think a 5 month old statement that has since been corrected and talked about extensively everywhere since then as a factual statement, then that is just not a smart argument. And I stand by that statement because of things like....

02/06/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Tig20xxX

People who don't understand that things change in a Beta are ignorant to how things work. I am not calling you an idiot, I am saying your defense for the topic is flawed and has no legs to stand on.
I respectfully disagree and feel that offering your opinion of someone's educational merits is quite insulting. Also,begging your pardon, but I did not author the original post. I responded because I do believe that you can offer a constructive argument without being insulting or inflammatory. And kindness was free last I checked...
Edited by Merlin on 2/6/2014 10:40 AM PST
Community Manager
02/06/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Marktheshark

- Several months back, Blizzard told all players that when the game was released, all cards would be wiped and packs would be refunded upon the final release of the game.

We have never stated this.

- Not much later, Blizzard decided to change their mind and NOT continue with any future card wipes.

Again, this is false. We have been very clear on our stance on wipes of Hearthstone cards/data, and we have continued to state repeatedly in blog content that we have no plans for any future wipes.

We will not be doing any account-specific card wipes.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]