- Several months back, Blizzard told all players that when the game was released, all cards would be wiped and packs would be refunded upon the final release of the game. For a lot of players, myself included, this was a big incentive to spend money on card packs for the purpose of experimentation and outright fun. I myself spent $200 on packs, and then did a lot of crafting of cards that I normally wouldn't have made, but wanted to simply because the card sounded fun or interesting, or I wanted to test some card combinations. I wasn't bothered by this because I knew my money would be well-spent since I would get to redo this process after the card wipe.
- Not much later, Blizzard decided to change their mind and NOT continue with any future card wipes. So the random cards I decided to try out are now the cards I'm stuck with. I've seen other posts about this topic, so I know for a fact that quite a few people are upset and feel they've been a bit deceived by Blizzard, which isn't too fun.
Who should get the card-wipe option?
- Players who were involved in the closed-beta, or everyone. This would at least allow players to feel like their money was well-spent, and would not punish them for having experimented with different cards. Blizzard isn't losing anything in this deal, they're simply allowing players to get what was originally stated.
How would it work?
- An in-game option would be added to allow any player to wipe his/her account ONE TIME ONLY, and receive an equal number of card packs that had been purchased with real money in the past.
Couldn't this be exploited?
- I'm not sure how. Players would only be able to do this ONCE per account, and would only receive packs that had been bought with REAL money, not gold or arena-earned.
As all of you can tell, I put a decent amount of time into this topic because I feel it is important, and it's something I've seen brought up time and time again. I hope many of you will share your opinions/thoughts about this.
TLDR: Blizzard, please consider implementing an optional one-time-only card wipe for individual players. This wipe would only occur on an individual's account if they chose to do so, and would wipe all cards and refund an equal amount of card packs that had been bought with real money.