2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer (Rare)

EDIT #1:
- 1 Acolyte of Pain (Common)
- 1 Arcane Golem (Rare)
+2 Mana Addict (Rare)

EDIT #2:
- 1 Coldlight Oracle (Rare)
+1 Assassin's Blade (Common)

EDIT #1 NOTES: per Slai's suggestion I tried swapping out the Arcane Golem end game for 2x Mana Addict. After testing, I really like the change so am gonna stay with it. Arcane Golem is still an option for those who like it in the deck, but for now I am going to run with the Mana Addict instead. The Mana Addicts work very well in the deck. They are a 2 drop which is nice (both early, and late when you are trying to fit in lots of spells on the same turn), they can soak up decent damage or other cards from opponents, and they can be amazing damage for closing out the game. (or if you have to take down some giant Minion) Running 2x Mana Addict, 2x Questing Adventurer, and 2x Gadgetzan Auctioneer has created zome serious craziness in my games. Especially with the 2x Conceal.

EDIT #1 NOTES: I noticed Kolento dropped Coldlight Oracle for Assassin's Blade. Assassin's Blade is amazing damage over time (especially with 1-2 Deadly Poison on it) and provides another card to combo with Blade Flurry. Assassin's Blade also really shines vs. massive Armor Warrior decks (or massive Life Gain paladin decks) that require a massive amount of damage to take down (just use Assasin's Blade + 1 Deadly Poison and you can put 20 damage on them). Coldlight Oracle is great for card draw, but it was also very dangerous against too many aggro decks that could use all the cards you gave them better than you. Also, unlike Kolento's deck, this Budget Miracles deck is not digging for the Leeroy Jenkins combo (unless you have added him to the deck per the upgrades suggestions to those adding money to the deck).

THE DECK

This decklist is modified from the deck Kolento (http://www.twitch.tv/kolento) piloted to Legend. He should also be credited for suggesting on his Stream for Kobold Geomancer as an alternate to Bloodmage Thalnos, and for Arcane Golem as an alternate for Leeroy Jenkins. Slai should be credited for suggesting Mana Addict.

The deck looks to use Hero Power Dagger and light removal to trade light damage to deal with early pressure. Ramp up into Gadgetzan Auctioneer using cheap spells to fill up hand and draw out deck. The standard build just overloads with Questing Adventurer and Mana Addict pressure. Those with the optional Arcane Golem (or the MUCH better Leeroy Jenkins for those who had added money to the deck) can finish with Arcane Golem (or Leeroy Jenkins) + 2x Shadowstep and whatever Cold Blood or Eviscerate and other damage you have left.

The deck can use Conceal on a freshly cast Gadgetzan Auctioneer or Questing Adventurer to protect them and then set-up a the next turn to abuse their effects with full mana crystals. The deck should use various cheap spells (1 or 2 Crystal costing spells) to set up the better effects version from cards with the Combo mechanic. And can use Coldlight Oracle and Acolyte of Pain as a way to help respark the deck if it stalls out. (though be careful using Coldlight Oracle against Rush Decks that you have stalled out: you have more ways to respark card draw, and probably don't want to give them more ammo)

The deck can use Shadowstep to reuse the SI:7 Agent for repeat damage or to safely store a 3 Casting Cost Gadgetzan from the board if you really need him to stick around to be reused the next turn, especially if you also have a Questing Adventurer on the board. If you are running the optional Arcane Golem or had upgrade the deck with a Leeroy Jenkins, you really want to wait to use the Shadowstep with them for the big damage Alpha Strike to end it. It may seem questionable to rely on drawing 1 Arcane Golem/Leeroy Jenkins in the deck, but with the Gadgetzan effect the card can draw out its full deck and help setup the combo.

Sinister Strike (Basic) also works in the deck and can be used in place of some other cards you may be missing. It works as a cheap card to enable Combo effect or to trigger effects off Questing Adventurer or Gadgetzan Auctioneer or Mana Addict, and it's also useful in helping bring down the opponent's life total to get in range of a lethal Alpha Strike. If you are finding the deck does not have enough cheap cards to setup Combo or cheap spells to play on Gadgetzan Auctioneer or Questing Adventurer or Mana Addict, you can replace 1 Fan of Knives and 1 Acolyte of Pain with Sinister Strike.

ADDING MONEY TO THE DECK

Adding money to the deck involves replacing Leeroy Jenkins for a Questing Adventurer (or Arcane Golem if you are running him), Edwin Vancleef for Questing Adventurer, Bloodmage Thalnos for Kobold Geomancer, optionally Nat Pagle for a Mana Addict or Questing Adventurer, and optionally 2x Preparation for 1 Conceal and 1 Mana Addict. Arcane Golem and Questing Adventurer each offer tradeoffs vs. Leeroy Jenkins and Edwin Vancleef. Arcane Golem + 2x Shadowstep costs 3 less mana than Leeroy Jenkinds + 2x Shadowstep) which allows the combo to be used earlier and also for you to use more cards with it during the same round but for significantly less damage. And Questing Adventurer cannot pump up as fast as Edwin Vancleef, but he can be used to grow over multiple rounds while on the board, and especially benefits from a Conceal to setup a large pump-up and attack the following turn.
Edited by zaspacer on 2/15/2014 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
got a similar deck but without coldlight since it dont make sense withot van cleef
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 02:07 AMPosted by RobotViking
got a similar deck but without coldlight since it dont make sense withot van cleef

How does Coldlight work specifically with Vancleef?

Coldlight Oracle works great in the deck in general. If the deck stalls, you use it. If the deck doesn't stall, you don't need it. I use it in Miracles without Vancleef (since I don't own him) and it works great. Kolento used Coldlight on his Stream and he often didn't combo it with Vancleef.

A neat but infrequent trick, if you are playing a control type deck with a large hand, you can use Oracle and Bounce to make them lose cards including the card you bounce.
Reply Quote
IMO it only work with van cleef since you need alot of cards to buff him up and hes the big finisher or to draw the right cards for a big leeroy combo then it dosnt matter if you give your opponent extra card since you will have charge leeroy or van cleef in stealth, in this deck its questing adventurer the finisher?
Reply Quote
Remove arcane golem and one acolyte and take 2x Mana Addicts instead? Makes great sponges for their removals prior to your adventurers.
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 03:35 AMPosted by RobotViking
IMO it only work with van cleef since you need alot of cards to buff him up and hes the big finisher or to draw the right cards for a big leeroy combo then it dosnt matter if you give your opponent extra card since you will have charge leeroy or van cleef in stealth, in this deck its questing adventurer the finisher?

Questing Adventurer woks VERY WELL in the Edwin Vancleef role. I also built and play Kolento's Legend deck, and I use Questing Adventurer in that deck because I don't own an Edwin Vancleef. It is the only card I use different from Kolento's decklist in that deck, and Questing Adventurer works well in the deck.

In this Budget Miracle deck, Questing Adventurer is further boosted by the deck running 2x Conceal (Kolento only runs 1 Conceal). Conceal can setup either the 2x Gadgetzan Auctioneer or the 2x Questing Adventurer to explode.

Questing Adventurer performs in the early game as a must kill target that disrupts their game, in the middle game role as a huge threat damage sponge, and in the end game as a huge beater that is beyond their ability to handle. Some Decks/Classes will have easy ways to deal with a Questing Adventurer (Hex, Tinkmaster, Sap, etc.), but there are also many that won't. I tend to save my Conceal and cheap mana spell storm for Turn 6 Auctioneer + Conceal to setup going on with Auctioneer on turn 7, but against decks vulnerable to Questing Adventurer or that are too Rush to allow me to get to turn 6-7, I will use Conceal and my cheap mana strom to pump up Questing Adventurer. I also often try to setup a small sized (~2 pumps) Questing Adventurer against an empty board by turn 5, so he can distract the opponent on their turn which makes dropping Gadgetzan + Conceal clean, and if the Questing survives it will then also get setup by the Gadgetzan + Conceal to go off on turn 7 too.

02/08/2014 07:07 AMPosted by Slai
Remove arcane golem and one acolyte and take 2x Mana Addicts instead? Makes great sponges for their removals prior to your adventurers.

Mana Addict does not have Charge and also would be reset by Shadow Step, so it does not perform the role of Arcane Golem. Also, Mana Addict's Health is too low to serve as a decent damage sponge, and it doesn't keep its pump to the next turn which limits it's threat.

Acolyte of Pain is there to just help spark your card draw, possibly carry a Cold Blood, to help deal with small creature rush, and to draw attention from your opponent so they delay their own game. The deck needs card draw to fuel its game, Acolyte isn't as good as a Pagle, but it usually works well in its role to dig out some cards for the deck.

Arcane Golem is the deck's lethal Alpha Strike to finish off the opponent. He is not meant to be played as a single 4/2 Minion, but is meant to be comboed with Shadowstep (and any extra Cold Blood and Eviscerate) as 8 or 12+ damage, plus any extra Cold Blood or Eviscerate in the hand. The idea for the deck is basically to get the opponent's life down to about 15-20 and clear Taunts so you can setup the Arcane Golem Alpha Strike to end it.

Again, even if you have Arcane Golem in your starting hand, never play it until the end game when you Alpha Strike with it. Arcane Golem is not there to be a 4/2 minion, it is there to deliver 12+ damage in a lethal strike to kill the opponent. Think of it as a Pyroblast in your hand. Likewise, Shadowstep should almost always be saved for the Arcane Golem Alpha Strike. The exception being you can play it with Gadgetzan if you just have low cards and need that Gadgetzan to survive and explode with card draw in order to spark your game. Also, Shadowstep can be used in combo with SI:7 Agent, but again only in cases where that damage or spell count is gonna make a huge difference in the game. For the most part, save those Shadowstep and basically always save that Arcane Golem until the Arcane Golem + Shadowstep Alpha Strike at the end.
Reply Quote
Mana Addict does not have Charge and also would be reset by Shadow Step, so it does not perform the role of Arcane Golem. Also, Mana Addict's Health is too low to serve as a decent damage sponge, and it doesn't keep its pump to the next turn which limits it's threat.

Allright.
I generally had bad luck with questing type miracle decks, but the part that worked quite well were the addicts. Simply playing them prior to a questing-buff turn and having them boost up alongside him concealed.

Thats me tho :)
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 12:38 AMPosted by zaspacer
Deck: Budget Miracles
Class: Rogue
Deck Type: Miracles - Combo

Decklist - 30 Cards

2 Backstab (Basic)
2 Deadly Poison (Basic)
2 Sap (Basic)
2 Shiv (Basic)
1 Kobold Geomancer (Basic)
2 Fan of Knives (Basic)
2 Acolyte of Pain (Basic)

2 Shadowstep (Common)
2 Cold Blood (Common)
2 Conceal (Common)
2 Eviscerate (Common)

1 Blade Fury (Rare)
1 Coldlight Oracle (Rare)
2 Questing Adventurer (Rare)
2 SI:7 Agent (Rare)
1 Arcane Golem (Rare)

Sold. I like the concept so this will be my stepping stone as a Rogue. Thanks a lot! :D

EDIT: though, I've taken a liking to Defias Ringleader (I REALLY like this guy) so what would you suggest to replace?
Edited by VanHaym on 2/8/2014 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Slai

Allright.
I generally had bad luck with questing type miracle decks, but the part that worked quite well were the addicts. Simply playing them prior to a questing-buff turn and having them boost up alongside him concealed.

Thats me tho :)

Gotcha.

I tried Mana Addict in the deck, swapping out:
-1 Acolyte of Pain
-1 Arcane Golem
+2 Mana Addict

I really like it and am gonna keep these changes. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Mana Addicts work very well in the deck. They are a 2 drop which is nice (both early, and late when you are trying to fit in lots of spells on the same turn), they can soak up decent damage or other cards from opponents, and they can be amazing damage for closing out the game. (or if you have to take down some giant Minion)

Running 2x Mana Addict, 2x Questing Adventurer, and 2x Gadgetzan Auctioneer has created zome serious craziness in my games. Especially with the 2x Conceal.
Reply Quote
Deck: Budget Miracles
Class: Rogue
Deck Type: Miracles - Combo

Decklist - 30 Cards

2 Backstab (Basic)
2 Deadly Poison (Basic)
2 Sap (Basic)
2 Shiv (Basic)
1 Kobold Geomancer (Basic)
2 Fan of Knives (Basic)
2 Acolyte of Pain (Basic)

2 Shadowstep (Common)
2 Cold Blood (Common)
2 Conceal (Common)
2 Eviscerate (Common)

1 Blade Flurry (Rare)
1 Coldlight Oracle (Rare)
2 Questing Adventurer (Rare)
2 SI:7 Agent (Rare)
1 Arcane Golem (Rare)

Sold. I like the concept so this will be my stepping stone as a Rogue. Thanks a lot! :D

EDIT: though, I've taken a liking to Defias Ringleader (I REALLY like this guy) so what would you suggest to replace?

You could try Defias Ringleader in place of a Fan of Knives or a SI:7 Agent. Idea being they are both forms of light removal and like the SI:7 Agent can also apply damage.

Fan of Knives is more clunky in the deck than Kolento's deck because it lacks the Preparation to make it a free spell. But it and Blade Flurry (especially with Kobold Geomancer) also can help vs. some extreme cases that don't have many ways to be dealt with otherwise.
Reply Quote
impressive thread!
i like the way you built it. GJ!

i have vancleef and i suggest everyone to boost him like a baws ONLY if u can conceal him after.

once i buffed him 12/12 against a mage (probably i was thinking about something else while playing) draining almost my hand...he polymorfed hime his turn.

best way to selfpown !!!

ofc lost the game
Reply Quote
Okay thanks for the feedback zaspacer! I'm going to try Mana Addict as well although I only have 1 at the moment :D
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem =)
Reply Quote
Won 0 out of 9 so far, doing good ^^
Reply Quote
I made this deck last night and played 5 games in casual. I lost the first game with no gadget until late. Then I started to mulligan hard for Gadgetzan and Conceal. After that I almost went 4-1, but instead 2 games I lost because -> I had Gadgetzan still out at end of game when i was low hp and making my lethal combo got a -3dmg out of cards death. Other game I had a lethal but I attacked too early with Questing before I shadowstepped Leeroy so the opponent went from 20->1. Questing got more 1 more dmg after the last play >.<.

It takes getting used to but this deck is awesome!

My deck is same as original version above but I had Leeroy from a pack a long time ago so I am glad I found a deck that uses him. I also only have one SI:7, so put in a Perdition blade for now to replace the missing 2dmg combo. Figured this would work nice with Blade Flurry as well.

Forgot to add, I managed to shadowstep Coldlight vs. a control pally and destroyed some of his cards. That was fun as well. :)
Edited by couchy on 2/9/2014 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
A couple things. I run a different miracle deck; however, there are many different finishers. One person asked if questing is the finisher. Let's see, play gadgetzan then conceal, then play questing, take care of taunt or just play a couple spells conceal again, next turn I went from a 4/4 to a 18/10 megabeast (played a second questing as openers I had another 8/8) it was GG. Gadgetzan + Questing is ideal. I've had a 27 damage questing before.

Why has no one mentioned reckless rocketeer. It cost two more than Leroy but has same stats and doesn't spawn whelps OR give player mana. Which means at turn six (with two preps and two cold blood, obviously you can go to 8 and one prep 2xCB) you can have a 13/2 charge minion that has no negative effects after spawning which means it doesn't HAVE to be a finisher if the situation allows for it. Can even be shadow stepped. Or just used to take out a big minion you have no removal for but need gone again without negative effects like the other two cards. Just an option. Not saying its a better option. All three are good.

There are many variations to this deck. You should try a lot to figure out what works for you. Here is my deck:

http://i.imgur.com/1ONgO8v.jpg

This type of deck can be played by a novice and still win and be a lot of fun but if you want to play it as a competitive deck it is extremely hard to master.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 03:03 PMPosted by BurtThaMan
Why has no one mentioned reckless rocketeer. It cost two more than Leroy but has same stats and doesn't spawn whelps OR give player mana.

Umm first of all nope, they do not share the same stats. Second of all yes it costs 2 more expensive, so one does not simply run Reckless Rocketeer when one has an Arcane Golem or Leeroy to run instead. The 1/1 whelps don't give you much trouble if you:
1) use Leeroy as a finisher
2) have Fan of Knives

The only thing I can agree is this:
02/09/2014 03:03 PMPosted by BurtThaMan
There are many variations to this deck. You should try a lot to figure out what works for you.

So if that works for you, congrats.
Reply Quote
I stand corrected. It's is one less attack for 2 more. Can still be used as a finisher and is a viable option however if you have the other two and only play mana as finisher then I agree they are better.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 07:32 AMPosted by BurtThaMan
I stand corrected. It's is one less attack for 2 more. Can still be used as a finisher and is a viable option however if you have the other two and only play mana as finisher then I agree they are better.

That's my whole point, dude.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]