Murlock Rush

Murlock Rush is so cheap, all the warlocks out there need to play something else that takes a tad amount of skill.
Reply Quote
Have to agree, but what are we gonna do? Unless blizzard make the changes people won't turn away from such an easy deck.
Reply Quote
Make demons viable then, we don't actually want to play Murloc but our class minions suck too much
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Snikernjohny
Make demons viable then, we don't actually want to play Murloc but our class minions suck too much

Isn't Flame Imp the best 1 mana minion right now? I played demon deck and quite like it, I don't see what's the problem,
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 02:40 PMPosted by HueyFreeman

Isn't Flame Imp the best 1 mana minion right now? I played demon deck and quite like it, I don't see what's the problem,

Flame Imp is the exception, not the rule. Fel Guard, Succi, Pit Lord, and Infernal are all pretty bad.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Requiem

Flame Imp is the exception, not the rule. Fel Guard, Succi, Pit Lord, and Infernal are all pretty bad.

Succi is really good too. Infernal is decent imo, really comes in handy when you need to remove some weenies.
Reply Quote

Succi is really good too. Infernal is decent imo, really comes in handy when you need to remove some weenies.

Succi is sub par, and Infernal is meh compared to other 6 drops.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Daerv
Murlock Rush is so cheap, all the warlocks out there need to play something else that takes a tad amount of skill.

you think drawing a game out for 20 mins with a control deck..is skill?

i have a control pally, trust me, its not skill. It's not hard to know wha to play and when, the same applies to murloc rush just like most other decks. You still need to know what to play and when

yes it can win fast, thats the whole point, but it can be easily countered too. My paladin rarely loses to murloc rush. All you have to do is keep the board clear, ensure you have enough board clears/taunts/heals/ minions on the board in order to stop them building that momentum. Even if they drop you down to 10 health and you then regain control whilst they're now sitting with a near empty hand...you've won.

i do love my murloc deck for those dailies though. Playing slow decks for dailies... /zzzzzz
Reply Quote
Soulfire + any damage spell/minion for that remaining health, all i got to say
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 02:40 PMPosted by HueyFreeman

No, Flame Imp is just like Succubus, he can easy be traded off by same mana cost minions.

A 3/2 Flame Imp can easy be countered by a 2/1 leaper gnome, and leaves you with 5 dmg on your hero.
Not to mention that Flame imp may is a good 1 drop, but in later turns he gets pretty useless and a pain to play.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Daerv

You don't understand.

They play murlocs BECAUSE it gets cheap fast wins, so farming gold is faster/easier.

This happens in every game on the planet.
Reply Quote
I use my hunter rush deck when i need 1-3 easy wins, but i don't like to use it primarily. I like to see a match progress and expand, the same rush deck over and over again, as much gold as it may bring me, it's kinda boring.

This card game is not for wins it's for fun, so what's the point of playing a quick almost guaranteed rush deck if you have no fun in the end?
Reply Quote
All rush decks in HS pretty much depend on the opponent not having a good starting hand. Murloc rushes spin up fast, but they're extremely fragile if you start your hand believing the Warlock is going to try to pull one on you.

The concept of a viable mass murloc deck is gonna stay - it's one of the goofiest mainstays of Warcraft since the MMO - but until they figure out a nice way to balance it, you kind of have to have a few tools in every constructed deck in most ranks and in casual to gut some fish.
Reply Quote
There is nothing any deck (except another murlock deck) can do against that kinda rush. All murlocks cost 1-3 and they buff each o insane.. So you can have murlocks out from first play till 4-6 where you are dead ><
Edited by YellowSub on 2/16/2014 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is nothing any deck (except another murlock deck) can do against that kinda rush. All murlocks cost 1-3 and they buff each o insane.. So you can have murlocks out from first play till 4-6 where you are dead ><

Nothing? A single AoE spell removes all those Murlocs. Also considering that many of those Murlocs have 1 health even an Arcane Explosion or Whirlwind will kill the majority of them. If they have their buffer on the field than you'll either need +1 spell damage with the same spells or a 2 damage AoE like Consecrate, Blizzard, Lightning Storm, etc.
Reply Quote
Murlock rush is one of the few viable decks that a warlock can play

When 80% of the warlock minions and/or demons are buffed so they don't suck balls, then you can complain about warlocks only doing murlock rush builds
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]