[BUG]warsong commander + frothing zerker

if you manage to buff the zerker out of the commanders charge range then it shouldn't have charge.
Reply Quote
Working as intended.

The charge is "bestowed" upon the creature when cast.

Whatever happens after is irrelevant.
Edited by RadicalEd on 2/9/2014 3:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Weird that it works like that.

In similar situation of Deckhand + losing weapon during the turn, he loses charge to. It isn't "bestowed" like in this situation. Maybe the text is a bit different and it should be clear that it works like that, but it seems to be those are similar situations with different outcomes.
Reply Quote
The Commander clearly states it gives it charge when it is summoned. Whatever happens after it is summoned still leaves it with the "Charge" power up.

This is different from Southsea Deckhand who says "While you have a weapon", meaning the power up disappears if you lose your weapon.

What you could discuss is whether Bloodsail Raider with 4 attack should have charge or not (it does).
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 03:56 AMPosted by Tommy
Weird that it works like that.

In similar situation of Deckhand + losing weapon during the turn, he loses charge to. It isn't "bestowed" like in this situation. Maybe the text is a bit different and it should be clear that it works like that, but it seems to be those are similar situations with different outcomes.

There is a difference between 2 different kind of card effects.

- The first I would call "Instant Effects" that are applied at the moment of the ability gets triggered. These can't be undone.

- The second category I would call "Aura Effects". These are as long active, as the creature providing it is alive. If the creature dies/get's removed, the aura will end and stop buffing the creatures.

Now let's get back to the Warsong Commander. Before the recent patch on him, he had an Aura Effect. But the patch CHANGED it to "Instant Effect". I think that is the issue why most people gets confused now. I was confused too, when I had similar situations after the patch.

I hope the info was useful and my English comprehensible ;)
Reply Quote
charge works like a battlecry COMPREHENDA
Reply Quote
It's not a bug and it's not "weird" that it works like that.

Warsong Commander says that it gives a minion charge when you summon it. It gives it, and the minion has it after that point. It's a quality that is bestowed upon the minion, and there's no reason to think it would go away.

Southsea Deckhand says that it has charge while you have a weapon equipped. Whether or not it has charge is constantly based on that condition. If it worked the other way, it would be worded something like "battlecry: gain charge if you have a weapon equipped."
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 02:43 AMPosted by Pwnageirl
if you manage to buff the zerker out of the commanders charge range then it shouldn't have charge.

Yeah I totally agree, warrior minions should not be able to work with other warrior minions.
And that's not like Charge is one of the main theme of the warrior class, right ?
Edited by Ulto on 2/10/2014 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Current combo im using in my warr deck is:

Raging Worgen,
Warsong Commander,
Any type of damage/buff card.

Worgen is 3 attack, gets charge. I damage it and pump it up and it windfurys hard. Been able to hit for 18 damage in one round. This entire combo is pretty rare in one turn but it happens.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Rusery
Current combo im using in my warr deck is:

Raging Worgen,
Warsong Commander,
Any type of damage/buff card.

Worgen is 3 attack, gets charge. I damage it and pump it up and it windfurys hard. Been able to hit for 18 damage in one round. This entire combo is pretty rare in one turn but it happens.

I did 17 without as much hassle.

Heroic strike on my last swing of my arcanite reaper hitting for 9, warsong commander and a couple enrages hitting for 8.

I think that charge is just a little too weak of a buff for the card and lacks versatility, so it doesn't make it into my decks.

When you combo things like azure drake and gadgetzan auctioneer with whirlwind, inner rage and slam, you just draw a huge number of cards and flatten your opponents board, possibly while enraging your own creatures.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]