Tin foil hat time. But is it true?

I watch a lot of streams, not to mention trump and kripp doing arena, and I've noticed that packs people buy with gold vs packs people get from the arena are strangely not equal. The arena packs seem to much more commonly give better stuff.

It's not impossible to imagine the game area Blizzard has you purchase with money would give better drop rates, is it?
Reply Quote
Of course not...

It's all the same. I have noticed streamers get insane luck compared to my own experience (which is arena-only aswell) but yeah... that's the way it is.
Reply Quote
I don't really get what you're saying. Both individual packs and arena tickets can be purchased with both gold and real money, so I'm not really sure why you think spending real money means better pack rates?

FYI, The last three packs I opened using gold I got from daily quests had 2 legendaries and an epic in them (not each, but total). Sure, one of them was Millhouse, but that's some credit towards buying packs.
Reply Quote
It's totally true. Not sure what you are saying but I am totally +1ing anything that has to do with tinfoil, pitchforks, or hot chicks in fishnet stockings....
Reply Quote
I was thinking this same thing when I got a legendary from my first arena pack and I got 1 legendary from the next 30 reg packs....
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 02:57 PMPosted by Winterfall
I was thinking this same thing when I got a legendary from my first arena pack and I got 1 legendary from the next 30 reg packs....

We have confirmation.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Proletariat
I watch a lot of streams, not to mention trump and kripp doing arena, and I've noticed that packs people buy with gold vs packs people get from the arena are strangely not equal. The arena packs seem to much more commonly give better stuff.

It's not impossible to imagine the game area Blizzard has you purchase with money would give better drop rates, is it?

100% superstition.

Absolutely nothing affects your pack rewards.

People who buy packs do not get better rewards than people who earn them.

A pack you got from a 12 win arena run will not have better cards than a 0 win arena run's pack.

Taking the pack and using it to spell out Eric Dodd's name with your mouse onscreen will not get you better cards.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Elamdri

100% superstition.

Absolutely nothing affects your pack rewards.

People who buy packs do not get better rewards than people who earn them.

A pack you got from a 12 win arena run will not have better cards than a 0 win arena run's pack.

Taking the pack and using it to spell out Eric Dodd's name with your mouse onscreen will not get you better cards.

And your reason for believing this to be the case is an assumption, no?
Reply Quote
Hmm, after playing for a few months, and so far getting 1 legendary, I today got a 10 win arena run. The booster from that reward had 2 legendarys (the beast and Onyxia - are they good?), 1 epic, 1 rare and 1 common. Are we sure booster content is not related to how it was obtained?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Wolfcat
It's totally true. Not sure what you are saying but I am totally +1ing anything that has to do with tinfoil, pitchforks, or hot chicks in fishnet stockings....

best post of *my* day.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There is no difference between the packs purchased with real money or the packs gained from Gold.

However, there are some of us on the team that hold to superstitions when opening packs. I open them as quickly as possible in clockwise order starting at the 12 position, Keganbe enjoys opening them in a star-shaped pattern, and Aratil will always hover over each card and then open them in rarity order from lowest to highest.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Zeriyah
There is no difference between the packs purchased with real money or the packs gained from Gold.

However, there are some of us on the team that hold to superstitions when opening packs. I open them as quickly as possible in clockwise order starting at the 12 position, Keganbe enjoys opening them in a star-shaped pattern, and Aratil will always hover over each card and then open them in rarity order from lowest to highest.

I let my 2 year old do it. He got me a double gold pack yesterday, both rares!
Reply Quote
I open them from lowest to highest after checking the glow on all of them. I love the dwarf guys excitement if I get a gold card so I go slowly and hope for it. :-D
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone

We could have used you back when I made my pack opening strategy thread in closed beta :)

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en-us/forum/topic/10973547817#1
Reply Quote

Just curious, but are the cards in a pack determined when you purchase the pack, when the pack is opened, or when the cards are flipped?
Reply Quote

Bro can you guys like make some more cards so I can do sth with my golds and real life coins again? Nothing to achieve right now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/11/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Elamdri

Just curious, but are the cards in a pack determined when you purchase the pack, when the pack is opened, or when the cards are flipped?

When the pack is opened.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Zeriyah

When the pack is opened.

This actually makes me really happy because it means until the pack is opened, it's basically Schrodinger's Pack.

"Yeah, my pack totally has 5 golden legendaries in it."

"Well opening it and lets see!"

"NOOO, that will collapse the quantum superposition!"
Reply Quote

YOU have to pay for packs?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Zeriyah
When the pack is opened.

How do they determine actual card rarity if the cards do not exist until the pack is opened and the cards are then determined RNG?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]