Tin foil hat time. But is it true?

02/11/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Verdash
There is no difference between the packs purchased with real money or the packs gained from Gold.

However, there are some of us on the team that hold to superstitions when opening packs. I open them as quickly as possible in clockwise order starting at the 12 position, Keganbe enjoys opening them in a star-shaped pattern, and Aratil will always hover over each card and then open them in rarity order from lowest to highest.

I let my 2 year old do it. He got me a double gold pack yesterday, both rares!

Kids are clearly overpowered!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/11/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Twichy
There is no difference between the packs purchased with real money or the packs gained from Gold.

YOU have to pay for packs?

I do indeed. Sometimes we make games out of opening packs. Often times I lose those games ... :'(

I did get a Golden Edwin VanCleef the other day, so I was pretty stoked.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Twichy

There was a rumor going around for a while early on that the devs do indeed pay for packs to better critique if the cost and rewards are properly balanced
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Bring me the Golden Child!
Reply Quote
I click open my packs as fast as I can and listen for the "Legendary!" scream from the dwarf before I can even look at what the cards are.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Zeriyah
However, there are some of us on the team that hold to superstitions when opening packs. I open them as quickly as possible in clockwise order starting at the 12 position, Keganbe enjoys opening them in a star-shaped pattern, and Aratil will always hover over each card and then open them in rarity order from lowest to highest.

Who is Keganbe, I have never seen it before?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Twichy
When the pack is opened.

How do they determine actual card rarity if the cards do not exist until the pack is opened and the cards are then determined RNG?

In a game where you can create any card you like out of thin air (and pixie dust!) the idea of regulating the exact number of any card in the environment is an iffy one at best.

Rarity is simply a matter of rolling the dice on each slot, with one slot guaranteed to be a rare. It's not a simulation of a print run on a printing press.
Reply Quote

This is one best idea ever! Im so gonna try it with my sister! :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/11/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Polaris

Who is Keganbe, I have never seen it before?

He is our behind the scenes Hearth-shark CM. Sometimes he lurks within the waters of the Strangethorn Vale board waterfall or the well in Stormwind. You never know with him.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Zeriyah
He is our behind the scenes Hearth-shark CM. Sometimes he lurks within the waters of the Strangethorn Vale board waterfall or the well in Stormwind. You never know with him.

Some spooky visuals. I am slightly terrified of Keganbe!
Reply Quote

Time dependent RNG might actually make a difference here.
Reply Quote

I think on April 1st one your people that create deck should mess up the decks somehow loll :)
Reply Quote
I always rub a raw fish on my computer screen before opening packs.

Right now I use sardines; it's efficient.
Reply Quote
I get better rares when my 4-year old does the buying and opening.
Reply Quote
I second Aratil's way of opening packs. I do too hover and open them in ascending order based on rarity. Additionaly I hover from the left bottom card towards right, and continues on the left side of the first row.

Cheers. Chariot
Reply Quote
So my friend and I each purchased a 20 dollar bundle of packs yesterday to see who could get the best single pack value. I won: http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/smartone00/04d6dfa9-de8a-4203-9ab1-6b45d07f4c6c_zps45e2386f.png?t=1392170040

Backstory on the chat log, that was my 3rd pack in the set, the first one had 1 epic, the 2nd one had 2 epics.
Reply Quote
Can we buy magic find points for our hearthstone characters? ;)
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Hondo
Can we buy magic find points for our hearthstone characters? ;)

Don't give them ideas!
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Zeriyah

Bring me the Golden Child!

/spins pillar wheel thingy

Give meeeee the kniiiiife

/spins pillar wheel thingy again

Pleeeeeaaaaassssse
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Zeriyah

I do indeed. Sometimes we make games out of opening packs. Often times I lose those games ... :'(

I did get a Golden Edwin VanCleef the other day, so I was pretty stoked.

I'm curious; how often do the CMs actually play? I assume it's under different account names, but it would be fun to know when we're playing against y'all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]