Good Rouge Decks to expensive.

I have faced a number of really good Rouge decks and finally decided to go and build some of these Hard core Rouge decks.

My main concern was the following after comparing this deck with the other 2 Decks I play on rank.

The rouge deck was to expensive. Compared to my Mage and Warrior deck, it took me at least 1000 Dust more to create a simple Rouge deck that could work on Rank.

In comparison to to my Warrior, Sharman and Mage deck, the difficulty level of the really nice Rouge decks are extremely high. With the warrior I need to do bashing and a bit of planing with my damage control, Sharman. there is not much to say, for me he is straight forward and can do mass amount of damage in only a view rounds. Mage, You can go far with just a view spells. But the Rouge. Most of her basic cards are useless unless you combo them with some nice rare, epic and legendary cards.
And I think this is also the misunderstanding why people think Rouge is OP. She isn't, on herself with her own cards she really sucks, but through in some nice neutral cards and she will become your dream lady. (Ill stick to neutral words if you know what I mean).

So Rouge players. What do you think, am I right or not?
Reply Quote
Yes, you arevright. Its not a secret that half Rogue class cards are useless and you need to have rare/legendary neutrals which would take place of these useless cards
Reply Quote
Rouge can be a bit expensive, but Maybelline is usually pretty cheap and can create a solid foundation to accentuate your cheekbones.

My girlfriend can pull off not using any rouge at all, and it's definitely cheaper that way.

As far as rogues go, you can get by fairly well without having too many epics, just gotta play around with the decks a bit to see what works for you.
Reply Quote
its not that its cheap rogue decks are too weak.. cant build a good one with basic cards
Reply Quote
I do not agree. You can build very solid tempo rogue deck with expert and rare cards only like Azure drake, Argent commander, Argus protector or even commons like Yeti and Shattered sun cleric. Rogue works well with solid high-value cards that are quite common and not epic.

The only legendary card that benefits rogue a lot is Leeroy but you can do ok without this card too.

This is nothing compared to many other decks, especially control ones, that usually focus around 5 legendary cards and some epics.
Reply Quote
the point isn't that "good rogue decks are expensive"...

is that "good rogue decks are expensive... and not so good as you expected".

there is no place for serious rogue decks atm... -_-
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 04:42 AMPosted by warlove
"good rogue decks are expensive... and not so good as you expected".

there is no place for serious rogue decks atm... -_-

Problem is, when I face any rouge player, they are normally either impatient or to patient and all of a sudden they try to do this explosive Combo that just don't cut it to win.

With this said, the opposite is true as well. As soon as someone get the hang of Rouge, they become deadly players and even the decks become unbeatable, but it cost a lot of dust and card bashing (in my opinion when I tried to build a Proper Rouge deck) to even have a chance on ladder.

Now in this case I fall under the "still trying to get the hang of Rouge" guy and already I can see that there is a big difference between building Rouge, Mage and Warrior Deck for example.
Reply Quote
1000 dust really isn't that much for a competitive deck. Even the rush decks needs at least that much to be competitive (getting the decent rares for warrior rush or hunter rush, the murlocs rares and the epic). That amount of dust is actually very small if we compare to, say, druids; try to build any kind of druid deck that perform in rank with 1000 dust. It wont work, even rush druids requires a decent amount of rares and even epics (force of nature) to be remotely good. Control druids cost over 10000 dust or something near.

A really good rogue deck for 1000 dust tho could be something like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1r90gb/1_ranked_constructed_player_na_main_deck_list_and/
Just replace the bloodmage thalnos for an assassinate and the deck easily makes it pass rank 10 with only 8 rares and a bunch of communs (and those cards are good for so many other decks, so its not dust going to waste). That exact same deck got me to rank 5 in season 1 and 2.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Kyrae
1000 dust really isn't that much for a competitive deck.

I think you misunderstood me.

The current state is:

My Mage deck has a dust wort of 2700 Dust (Ater last night 3200 Dust because I finally got some key cards)
My warrior Deck 2500 Dust
and my Sharman 2000 Dust.

Im not even done dusting on my Rouge deck and Im standing on 6000 Dust spend to get it to work right.
Reply Quote
u can farm dust with other classes, then build slowly rogue deck, then enjoy the funniest deck ever.

ps: don't expect to win much.
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Dreamdt
Im not even done dusting on my Rouge deck and Im standing on 6000 Dust spend to get it to work right.

What?! 6000 dust to make rogue deck work right?

The guy linked you a very solid standard rogue deck that is cheap and effective. I've seen a lot of high ranked players playing some variation of this deck (couple cards out, couple cards in) and it is nowhere near to 6000 dust:

02/07/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Kyrae
A really good rogue deck for 1000 dust tho could be something like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1r90gb/1_ranked_constructed_player_na_main_deck_list_and/
Reply Quote
Rogue decks are actually some of the cheapest. Sure you see some tourny rogue decks with 9-10 legendaries but you also see them winning with just 3 - 4. compared to druids, rogues actually do quite well.

Anyways check out this deck. Its super cheap and effective. No epics or legendaries
Its floods_ rogue pressure deck. Focuses on constant minion pressure and efficient minion/card trades

Argent Commander × 2
Azure Drake × 2
Defender of Argus × 2
SI:7 Agent × 2
Argent Squire × 2
Cold Blood × 2
Defias Ringleader × 2
Eviscerate × 2
Harvest Golem × 2
Loot Hoarder × 2
Gnomish Inventor × 2
Shattered Sun Cleric × 2
Backstab × 2
Deadly Poison × 2
Novice Engineer × 2

All for 1280 dust (less than 1 legendary). super cheap, super strong.

Replace a Cold Blood with Leeroy if/when you get him.
Replace Novice engineers with Bloodmage Thalnos and Nat Pagle when you get them.

This takes deck cost up to 6000, which is still considered "cheap"
Reply Quote
Thnx Sprixus and sorry zamrai, I think I missed something.

Any how, I have been messing around to gather some dust to at least build 2 proper decks. Seems to me Rouge is going to be one of them.

Im almost done dusting my Rouge deck to the standards I want it, Ill post it as soon as I have tested it on Rank
Reply Quote
If you want a very cheap Mech rouge deck this is a link to mine works very good for me and no epics and legendaries
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#87:2;244:2;382:2;385:1;386:2;433:1;471:2;12184:2;12188:2;12191:2;12200:2;12202:2;12212:2;12216:1;12227:1;12253:2;12276:2;

if you need you can make some changes but i think this is a very good cheap deck and it costs around 1150 dust and since almost all the cards are commons its easy to get them in packs so its very cheap try it out and give me a reply if you like it.
Reply Quote
12/18/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Ludicium
If you want a very cheap Mech rouge deck this is a link to mine works very good for me and no epics and legendaries
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#87:2;244:2;382:2;385:1;386:2;433:1;471:2;12184:2;12188:2;12191:2;12200:2;12202:2;12212:2;12216:1;12227:1;12253:2;12276:2;

if you need you can make some changes but i think this is a very good cheap deck and it costs around 1150 dust and since almost all the cards are commons its easy to get them in packs so its very cheap try it out and give me a reply if you like it.

I'm playing something very similar except i use Iron Sensei and Annoy-o-bot.
Reply Quote
Iron Sensei + Annoy-O-Tron is so fun.

What? Yes, yes I do have a 4/5 Divine Shield Taunt becuase you didn't think you had to clear it earlier.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Dreamdt
I have faced a number of really good Rouge decks and finally decided to go and build some of these Hard core Rouge decks.

My main concern was the following after comparing this deck with the other 2 Decks I play on rank.

The rouge deck was to expensive. Compared to my Mage and Warrior deck, it took me at least 1000 Dust more to create a simple Rouge deck that could work on Rank.

In comparison to to my Warrior, Sharman and Mage deck, the difficulty level of the really nice Rouge decks are extremely high. With the warrior I need to do bashing and a bit of planing with my damage control, Sharman. there is not much to say, for me he is straight forward and can do mass amount of damage in only a view rounds. Mage, You can go far with just a view spells. But the Rouge. Most of her basic cards are useless unless you combo them with some nice rare, epic and legendary cards.
And I think this is also the misunderstanding why people think Rouge is OP. She isn't, on herself with her own cards she really sucks, but through in some nice neutral cards and she will become your dream lady. (Ill stick to neutral words if you know what I mean).

So Rouge players. What do you think, am I right or not?

what? there is no such thing as good rogue decks and wairriors crush the cost of any other deck by far.
Reply Quote
That's where you're wrong. And id love to prove it. Like I do to everyone else. Add me, dhboyd420 #1435 Warriors and hunters are easiest for me to beat. Hardest one for my deck as of right now is that zoo warlock deck ( i think this is what you call it? I could be wrong. )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]