How to deal with the 4 attack Blind spot?

So I'm seeing a lot of Yetis, Argent Champion, Jungle Panther, the "Squire attend me!" card, the drakes and dwarves.

Now this isn't Q.Q thread, just fishing for ideas on how to take care of it. I've been running Alchemist and Shadow Madness instead of Shadow word pain, but kinda relying on combo of two cards to take out one seems inefficent, especially if I don't get northshire on the opening hand for card draw.
As for minions, I can't think of any partically good ones that can effectively trade for them. Taz Dingo looks like a good contender, but at 3/5 it falls just short of being able to trade optimally.

So just seeking advice on how to handle these mid game threats.
Edited by Jimmy on 2/9/2014 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shadow Madness can work, but it's usually used for merloc and rush decks.

The best way to deal with the 4 attack blind spot is Holy Fire and Argent Commander from my experience. Both can come down and do something immediately. Things that buff, like Dark Iron Drawf and Defender of Argus and Abusive Sergeant can get you there as well. Taz + Shattered Sun Cleric is a great buff to use.
If you don't have or unable to get board control, the most popular methods are Argent Commander and Holy Fire. Unfortunately they are rares. So good luck having them.
Edited by Proletariat on 2/9/2014 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
The best way is to run decent minions of your own and not be too relient on the removal, even though Priests do get a good amount of it. You really want to try to save you SW:D's and silences for more substantial threats, when possible.

Injured Blademaster is one of my favorites of the 4 attack guys, BTW. He has great synergy with the heal ability and he's a guaranteed draw if you throw down a claric as well. When I play against other Priests, this guy can really make life hell for them.
Reply Quote
Injured blade master is a great addition to any deck, it's pretty much a succubus you can heal.
I'll sometimes coin into him on turn 2 if they don't have any 3 attack creatures on the board.

I don't play too many early to mid game minions as a priest, since most classes can clear them out really easy. And losing a minion early on, and no real way to make up for it is almost a death sentence as a priest, not having great, reliable AOE (Yes Auchnai+Greater healing is great, but you need both cards to pull it off.
Reply Quote
Besides Argent Commander and Holy Fire as mentioned above, there's really not much you can do with one card. But besides Crazed Alchemist tricks to make a mob vulnerable to shadow words and madness, you can also use Abusive Sergeant or Dark Iron Dwarf +attack buff on an enemy minion to push them into sw:death range. Besides that you'll have to use minions and battlecries to clear out those pesky 4 attack mobs. Tinkmaster Overspark is one possible means of removal to look into, though in most cases you'd wanna save him for something big and nasty... though Ysera has an attack of 4 and no one would blame you for using Tink on her.

Another possibility is shadow form/auchenai soul priest to turn your hero power into a damage attack. Adding Velen on top of that means some serious damage you can dish out for 2 mana every turn Velen stays alive. Velen also turns your holy smites into some nice damage on the cheap and your Mind Blasts become Pyroblasts to the face for 2 mana :P
Edited by Kyriani on 2/9/2014 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
You forgot Double Holy Nova OPPPPPP

Nah, just kidding, I agree with Holy Fire being the best choice for direct removal. Shadow Madness sounds good on paper but won't always take out the highest minion (although it's still a very decent card which can double as a finisher).

Other than that, you shouldn't think of spells as the only removal. There are several decent priest and neutral cards that will take out your average 4-card. Abomb comes to mind.
Edited by Gammoner on 2/10/2014 5:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Try to squeeze in 2 abusive sergeants. You can play him and buff the 4 to 6 then hit it with SW:D.
Reply Quote
I know when I am going against priest in my midrange druid i want to hang myself when i see an Injured blademaster
Reply Quote
Holly Fire!!!
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Berdy
I know when I am going against priest in my midrange druid i want to hang myself when i see an Injured blademaster

It really is an awesome card when played well by a Priest. Great when combined with the Cleric, too. I've found that a good selection of strong mid-game minions (Yeti, Tazdingo, Bademaster, etc) are the best bet for surviving that part of the game. The Priest is weakest around mid-game, IMO. We can trade cheap spells and minions for the first few rounds, then it's lean on the minions for mid-game survival (and try to heal them for better trades), then finally the late game, where Priests really shine.*

*As far as the least performing class in the game can shine, anyway. ^_^
Reply Quote
Abusive Sarges are good. Crazy Alchemics are also decent choice.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Berdy

Dropped on turn 2 with a circle and the coin always slows the game down I have found.
Reply Quote
+1 Holy Fire
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]