Don't know how you do it.

Seriously priests, I dont know how you do it. How do you play that boring deck that takes 20 mins every match?

Not saying priests are OP, I beat them as much as I lose. It just takes so long I would rather just lose a star and concede.

Seriously soooooo boring. How much time do you have to play that slow deck over and over?
Reply Quote
I have a lot of fun playing my shadow priest deck, and the games go very long at times. But i'm not here to play a mindless rush deck 30 times in 30 minutes. I like the long battles where thought prevails. If I only have 1-2 hours a day to play hs, I'm going to play what's fun to me regardless of how many games that fits in to my free time.

How do you play such boring quick decks? Might as well be working an assembly line.
Reply Quote
how is a quick, fast paced thrilling game boring?

a game that doesn't even start until turn 8 (every priest game evar!) is boring.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Volorox
how is a quick, fast paced thrilling game boring?

a game that doesn't even start until turn 8 (every priest game evar!) is boring.

Because it isn't thrilling? It's mechanical and lacks thought.

But it's ok, you don't have to enjoy long games. However, i find it hard to believe you can't see why others do. It's like telling someone they shouldn't like chocolate ice cream because vanilla is better.

Rush decks are great for gold grind, but terrible for my sanity. Might as well play call of duty
Reply Quote
Priest is a very fun class to play. Thats why people play it. Yes the games on average go on for a long time, a lot of times to fatigue because its just turtle to win conditions, but its more fun than; face, face, face, trade, face, face, face, trade, lose/win.
Reply Quote
Why is some guy coming here in an odd attempt to convince other people what he thinks is boring is what everybody else should think is boring as well?
Why does he care? This is very odd. Does he not have anything better to do?
Reply Quote
Imo, priest is a fantastic class. Every turn is like a puzzle and given much though. Which is what I find in games interesting. I played rush decks just for kicks and no offense meant, it's like playing "drag the minion to the other side"... Might as well have been playing "name the shapes"... I deleted those decks and built control Hunter and Warrior decks.
Reply Quote
I have no strong Legendary cards.

Basically, Thoughtsteal and Shadow Word, are the only things that allow me to have a chance in hell of winning.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 09:42 PMPosted by Erathaol
I have no strong Legendary cards.

Basically, Thoughtsteal and Shadow Word, are the only things that allow me to have a chance in hell of winning.

For me, that card is Mind Control. Back when I was just beginning, I ran 2 of these. Legendaries were never a problem.
Reply Quote
Because I like the playstyle of keeping my minions alive over throwing them at my opponent's face or suicide them into taunt walls.
Reply Quote
Priest is fun and is probably the class that has the best chance to pull off comebacks.

For example last night I came back on a shaman when it was 1-28 on HP totals. I imagine he was quite annoyed.
Reply Quote
I think some of us believe copying the hunter deck of the week and using no skill to flood the board and click your bow button is sort of boring.
Reply Quote
I understand 100% what he means. Skill has nothing to do with it. When capping gold early on in your time in hearthstone I would rather play 6 games lose 4 in 20 mins rather than play 1 game and win it any day of the week.

Once you get the gold you need and can do whatever you want capping daily gold doesn't matter much so it bothers me less. This is the initial reason i made a hunter deck in the first place. Win fast lose fast move the eff on.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Volorox
Seriously priests, I dont know how you do it. How do you play that boring deck that takes 20 mins every match?

i dont understand the rush decks that dont concede after turn 10 :(
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Berdy
I understand 100% what he means. Skill has nothing to do with it. When capping gold early on in your time in hearthstone I would rather play 6 games lose 4 in 20 mins rather than play 1 game and win it any day of the week.

Once you get the gold you need and can do whatever you want capping daily gold doesn't matter much so it bothers me less. This is the initial reason i made a hunter deck in the first place. Win fast lose fast move the eff on.

Guys no srsly guys he has the solution. Everyone roll hunter and concede on turn 1 if you didn't get hounds = hearthstone GOTY.

Much skill, so gold, wow.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Deadsy
Guys no srsly guys he has the solution. Everyone roll hunter and concede on turn 1 if you didn't get hounds = hearthstone GOTY.

Much skill, so gold, wow.

Just keep conceding at game start and hope your opponent conceded before you did. Much faster since you don't have to mulligan your hand and wait for the card draw animation.
Reply Quote
Because it isn't thrilling? It's mechanical and lacks thought.

But it's ok, you don't have to enjoy long games. However, i find it hard to believe you can't see why others do. It's like telling someone they shouldn't like chocolate ice cream because vanilla is better.

Rush decks are great for gold grind, but terrible for my sanity. Might as well play call of duty

+1

02/09/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Volorox

Not saying priests are OP, I beat them as much as I lose. It just takes so long I would rather just lose a star and concede.

Seriously soooooo boring. How much time do you have to play that slow deck over and over?

I love the control play style over that of Rush, which is why I play Priest over deck like Hunter and Murloc's; because I find it more entertaining. It's as simple as that.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 09:50 AMPosted by ThaCroupier
I think some of us believe copying the hunter deck of the week and using no skill to flood the board and click your bow button is sort of boring.

+1
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Berdy

Grinding gold like its a job pays maybe $3 an hour on a good day. And priests are crazy?

You can make more money grinding out flipping burgers and buying a few packs. May even have enough left over for a Big Mac.
Edited by ThaCroupier on 2/10/2014 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's not about gold grinding. Its not even just about a long game. Its about EVERY game vs priest is long. Not only long, but unfun. A good long game vs a druid or pally because of good play and board clear is different.

A long game vs a priest who is playing your cards and keeping 1 health minions alive is just unfun and time consuming.

That is why I would rather concede, not only because it takes so long. It takes forever AND is unfun.

Better explanation?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]