"Miracle Rogue" new FOTM?

Ran into 3-4 of these last night alone. Sweet mercy that deck is rude. I understand it's supposed to hinge on the Auctioneer which is 2/30 cards, but I'll be damned if every one of them didn't have it out by turn 4/5. Bad luck for me I guess, even worse if you don't have something that can kill it on the turn it comes out or if they happen to conceal it until next turn no dice.

Anyone else been running into it a lot lately? Any other way to shut it down other than killing the Auctioneer? I play Priest so being 4 power makes it highly annoying for me heh.
Edited by Dreadspectre on 2/11/2014 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I personally like how the deck is still viable despite all the nerfs Rogue has taken.

Thing was a wrecking ball before that XD
Edited by Cenerae on 2/11/2014 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Kolento got 90% winrate with it, people tend to copy decks that are more successful than their own
Reply Quote
argent commander/arcane golem auto kills it
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Cenerae
I personally like how the deck is still viable despite all the nerfs Rogue has taken.

Nerfs? You mean like...all the way back in October...?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 08:32 AMPosted by Dreadspectre
I understand it's supposed to hinge on the Auctioneer which is 2/30 cards, but I'll be damned if every one of them didn't have it out by turn 4/5.

That is the one upside/downside (depending on your perspective) of the small 30-card deck size.

By turn 5 .. you have drawn 8-9 (more if you have any card draw) cards of a 30 card deck.

That is at least 30% of your deck .. so it is pretty easy in this game to get the cards you need WHEN you need them (especially since you can mulligan for free at the start).

The game can be pretty predictable ..
Which means you can predict your opponents moves.. but also means you rely on your deck doing what it needs to do (to draw into a combo)

For me .. it can make pretty stale games sometimes.
Reply Quote
Kolentos version is nice. Has some downsides though, for sure. Usually reliant on leeroy. Fatigue happens too due to the insane draw.

But yeah, take out the auctioneers is a good call. Against other decks don't let them beef up their addicts, cleef and adventurers.

It's a nice fast control deck imo.
Reply Quote

Yeah, those nerfs. Remember how miracle rogue dropped off the face of the planet after that? And how it's only recently started making a comeback?

Clearly despite those nerfs it's still fine. And as I said, thing was a monster before them.
Edited by Cenerae on 2/11/2014 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

Yeah, those nerfs. Remember how miracle rogue dropped off the face of the planet after that? And how it's only recently started making a comeback?

I just meant like...That's almost half a year ago...The way you said it in your post made it sound like it was recent.
Reply Quote

I just meant like...That's almost half a year ago...The way you said it in your post made it sound like it was recent.

Well, wasn't what I was trying to imply <_<
Reply Quote
This deck is everything whats wrong with this game. And not because its "too strong" or "unfair", in fact this deck is very fun to play.
The problem is, this deck is 100% luck based.
If the rogue has a good draw and that turn 5 auctioneed+coin+stealth he most likely wins.
Oh never mind, that paladin LUCKED OUT and got the wild pyro combo to kill the stealthed 20/20 van cleeve.
This deck leads to SO many situations that are not influenced by player skill but by drawing luck, its just insane.
And I hate that garbage. I cant count how many games I lost or won today due to draws and rng-luck. That needs to be fixed asap.

*edit* Someone just played a turn 5 Ysera against me. Which obviously is pure luck, no skill involved. LUCKILY enough I had a crazy alchemist on my hand and could dispose of it without any trouble. No skill involved either, obvious play and I was only able to do so because I got lucky.
Edited by Carzeri on 2/11/2014 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Carzeri
This deck is everything whats wrong with this game. And not because its "too strong" or "unfair", in fact this deck is very fun to play.

Stopped reading right there.
Reply Quote
Just another deck which focuses on it's own thing, while you can only watch and can't disrupt him. The only thing you can do is to rush him down before he takes off.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:38 AMPosted by RhymeAsylum

Stopped reading right there.

Which is good, since youre showing off your lack of ...well everything, nobody would want to read your inevitably stupid response anyway.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Carzeri

Gee, imagine that. A combo deck relying on RNG, in order to get the cards they need, and relying on RNG to not get countered. Who would make a CCG such as this? Oh, wait. Everyone.
Reply Quote
I think perhaps the only "unfair" part is the leeroy jenkins combos. But that is about it.
Reply Quote

Well I mean most recent set of changes indirectly nerfed rogue overall (not miracle rogue but rogue overall) so it is good that one of there decks survives if not thrives.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Ichigo
I think perhaps the only "unfair" part is the leeroy jenkins combos. But that is about it.

Not the damage of that combo is unfair (not a 1 turn kill), but the luck involed in getting it. And then praying that the opponent doesnt have a big taunter. Playing this deck, one might aswell play roulette.
Reply Quote
Adapt. If it becomes really popular a couple big game hunters could bring the lols
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]