"Miracle Rogue" new FOTM?

The deck, other than being extremely draw-dependent, has other flaws.

It throws everything by turn 8~16 (has to have auctioneer out by then), and then exhausts itself. It is weak against many decks that stack taunts + cost efficient cards, such as warlock giant decks or druid wall-legendary deck.

It doesn't have a consistent board power. It comes in burst with spamming nukes on his hand. Withstand it and you will win.

Miracle rouge is gaining popularity because it's a cheap deck to make. Only keycards being auctioneer, others are cheap to fill in. With so many tourney decks stacked with legendaries and open beta just being released, it's no wonder ppl are trying out cheaper ones.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Carzeri

*edit* Someone just played a turn 5 Ysera against me. Which obviously is pure luck, no skill involved. LUCKILY enough I had a crazy alchemist on my hand and could dispose of it without any trouble. No skill involved either, obvious play and I was only able to do so because I got lucky.

Skilled deck builders make their own luck. Complaints about "lucky draws" and "topdecking just the right thing" tend to ignore that aspect of CCG's. A turn 5 Ysera wasn't luck, it was a strategy. A strategy that you had an answer for, as it happened. You can say that you got "lucky" because you had the answer available, but if you designed your deck well than you had multiple answers available to such a situation, and the only "luck" would be the question as to which you had access to.

It's silly to play a game that uses randomized playing pieces and then complain that they are random and that utilization of the pieces you have takes "no skill". The skill is in choosing the composition of your army such that you can achieve multiple purposes while still leading to the defeat of the opponent's army. If all of the plays are "obvious" then it's an indication that you did a good job of building your deck, not that the game requires no skill to play.

On a similar note, what's "obvious" to a seasoned player isn't necessarily obvious at all to an inexperienced player.

If you really think that playing the deck takes no "skill" and is entirely dependent on how the cards get shuffled then you should probably switch to a war game where all of your units are under your control from the beginning rather than a game founded on using a random allocation of units.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Carzeri
This deck is everything whats wrong with this game. And not because its "too strong" or "unfair", in fact this deck is very fun to play.
The problem is, this deck is 100% luck based.
If the rogue has a good draw and that turn 5 auctioneed+coin+stealth he most likely wins.
Oh never mind, that paladin LUCKED OUT and got the wild pyro combo to kill the stealthed 20/20 van cleeve.
This deck leads to SO many situations that are not influenced by player skill but by drawing luck, its just insane.
And I hate that garbage. I cant count how many games I lost or won today due to draws and rng-luck. That needs to be fixed asap.

*edit* Someone just played a turn 5 Ysera against me. Which obviously is pure luck, no skill involved. LUCKILY enough I had a crazy alchemist on my hand and could dispose of it without any trouble. No skill involved either, obvious play and I was only able to do so because I got lucky.

You clearly don't know much about Kolentos miracle deck if you think it's any more luck based than any other deck. It is a more controlled deck than many, ime.
The standard miracle deck is the one which bases it's success on boosting minions like adventurers and cleef.
However the fact is that both decks have a pretty good card pool to draw, and hinges not on a specific situation which isn't highly likely to occur.
For instance it is a fast deck with a lot of draw, making it more likely to hit the cards you need when you need them.

You say it's lucky to get leeroy and ssteps? No, it's 3 cards by turn 8. If you need all three and not just the single sstep. And there are games you don't need him at all.
However it's not luck that puts the cards in hand, it's the pace of he the deck and effective control of the board that let's it work.

It's one of the least random and luck based decks tbh.
Reply Quote
I had a few people try to play this against me. Everytime they had the combo going around turn 6 and stealthing hoping for the win on turn 7. Problem is each time I was playing a warrior rush deck and punched them in the face for the win on turn 7 before they got to go again. Even if I didnt have enough damage to kill them I could have always brawled and with my minions being in the majority its likely their beefy Van Cleef would be dead in the end.
Reply Quote

Yeah, those nerfs. Remember how miracle rogue dropped off the face of the planet after that? And how it's only recently started making a comeback?

I just meant like...That's almost half a year ago...The way you said it in your post made it sound like it was recent.

My favorite part is where you drew conclusions and added words to his statement. If i said man when dinosaurs were around that would have been scary it doesn't mean i think dinosaurs were around last week.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 11:22 AMPosted by Slai

You clearly don't know much about Kolentos miracle deck if you think it's any more luck based than any other deck. It is a more controlled deck than many, ime.
The standard miracle deck is the one which bases it's success on boosting minions like adventurers and cleef.
However the fact is that both decks have a pretty good card pool to draw, and hinges not on a specific situation which isn't highly likely to occur.
For instance it is a fast deck with a lot of draw, making it more likely to hit the cards you need when you need them.

You say it's lucky to get leeroy and ssteps? No, it's 3 cards by turn 8. If you need all three and not just the single sstep. And there are games you don't need him at all.
However it's not luck that puts the cards in hand, it's the pace of he the deck and effective control of the board that let's it work.

It's one of the least random and luck based decks tbh.

Agreed. There are situations you can win the game without Gadgetzan at all if you can control board. Example yesterday winning the game on turn 6 because i had a kobold and questing in my hand, conceal questing after dropping, maintained board control and buffed like crazy... plus 2 evis and poison. It's about knowing your play, and when to make your move.
Reply Quote
today i had 2x rogue quest (+warrior + warlock) so i rerolled and really like it. Imo Edwin needs a buff feels like really weak card in that deck.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Shirei
today i had 2x rogue quest (+warrior + warlock) so i rerolled and really like it. Imo Edwin needs a buff feels like really weak card in that deck.

Yes he is. Usually a waste to even inflate him. He was cool when the deck ran Novice engineer for the shadow step combo and retarded throw your hand away turn 2 or 3 miracles that usually dies the next turn. I think sprint would be a better card for miracle tbh.
The fun/keys to the deck are turn 5/6 Auctioneer/conceal = turn 6/7 wins. When conceal drops and he is still alive, you better have 2-3 taunts or Its "Times up, lets do this!"
The deck can be out valued by priest, is weak to warlock (mur/giant control) and a bad draw gets you rushed down by turn 5 easily. A good paladin can counter it pretty hard too if they see it coming. The decks has no real late game.
Edited by Ballads on 2/12/2014 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Edwin is weaker. Hes still a good 3drop tbh if you put him at 4/4 or 6/6 and only treat him like a 3drop.

However he can be silenced, which is absurd, but at least you got rid of a silence for when the miracuuul happens.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Slai
Edwin is weaker. Hes still a good 3drop tbh if you put him at 4/4 or 6/6 and only treat him like a 3drop.

However he can be silenced, which is absurd, but at least you got rid of a silence for when the miracuuul happens.

You can silence a questing adventurer too, what's the big deal? Edwin gets 2/2 instead of 1/1, I don't see anything wrong with him as long as you conceal him after you drop his fat !@# down.
Reply Quote
I never said questing is any better than van cleef?
However, you could argue that questing goes down at the start of the turn, and benefits from cards played that turn, AND the next turn, before attacking. And keeps growing. Whereas VCleef does no such thing, he stays where you put him unless you sstep him for improved stats.

The "big deal" is that for playing him as a 3 mana drop with 4/4 or 6/6 is that hes an often silenced target. Thats a drawback to him being so variable.

Obviously if you can beef him and conceal him, thats great. Also not what I was talking about, as I may have explained poorly. What I mean is when you play him as a lower minion and dont spend the conceal. As an early tough minion or just a flat out solid 3drop. You know; 4/4 to 6/6.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]