Help needed with builing a warrior deck

Hey everyone, I'm new to hearthstone, and card games in general. After watching a few deck builds for the warrior, I decided to try to build my own. It's supposed to be a very aggresive deck.

Exectue x2
Stonetusk Boar x2
Fiery War Axe x2
Cleave x2
Heroic Strike x2
Bluegill Warrior x2
Shield Block x2
Jungle Panther x2
Raid Leader x2
Warsong Commander x2
Wolfrider x2
Kor'kron Elite x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Arcanite Reaper x2
Reckless Rocketeer x2

So far, I didn't really have any luck with this deck, and I don't really understand why. Any kind of help would be appreciated. I've got all the basic cards, but since I'm new I only opened about 3 packs.
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Ekkie
So far, I didn't really have any luck with this deck, and I don't really understand why.
You've got two 1 mana minions (which are terrible to boot) and two 2 mana minions (with also only 1 health). Not drawing any of those isn't so much bad luck as it is to be expected. In my midrange deck I run four 2 mana minions and four 3 mana minions and that's not even the focus of my deck. Basically, less combo wombo and spells, more cheap minions.

And there's also the thing about support minions. Raid leader and warsong commander need other minions to be effective, which isn't always easy. Try to have enough low cost minions that don't need other minions on the board to be effective.
Reply Quote
Thanks alot! Now my deck looks something like this (and is ALOT more successful):

Execute x2
Fiery war axe x2
Heroic Strike x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x2
Bloodfen Raptor x2
Frostwolf Grunt x2
Ironforge Rifleman x2
Jungle Panther x2
Razorfen Hunter x2
Wolfrider x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Kor'kron Elite x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Arcanite Reaper x2
Reckless Rocketeer x2

Now I need carddraw, but the only two cards I have that have carddraw are novice engineer and gnomnish inventor...
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Ekkie
Now I need carddraw, but the only two cards I have that have carddraw are novice engineer and gnomnish inventor...
You don't really need card draw, just enough ways to end the game before it becomes a problem. There's a popular cheap warrior deck going round (which the creator has reached legendary rank with) that didn't have any card draw. It just needs cards that are efficient.

If you want card draw however, getting loot hoarder or cult master is probably better than the options you mentioned. With aggressive decks time is often more important than card advantage and most card draw options waste time.
Reply Quote
Alright, thanks! Do you have a link to this cheap warrior deck?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]