Why does the Priest has so many "Copy" stuff?

So, since the CB begun I've been wondering, why does the priest has so many "hey, can I use your deck againts you?,thanks" cards, within WoW priest does not play that way, the mindcontrol skill(wich is the only alike skill) its just like a minor movement disable wich cause the priest to be useless meanwhile, also is channeled. In a pvp 1v1 situation is good to buy some time, in XvX has many uses, but here is hilarious.

Priest should be like the diferent talents it has, you know, the way it used to be (disc/holy/shadow) but instead it just uses opponent stuff, today I got stolen 2 legendaries, one btw was put right into game thanks to mindgames, pretty fun having my 8c legendary at the price of 4c on turn 4, so much fun... After that he just used Faceless Manipulator so he now has two 8c legendaries at turn 5, and then at turn 10...yep mindcontrol. This kind of mechanics should be notice cuz if a legendary is limited to 1 to any deck, it should be that way even if copied or controled or whatever annoying thing happend, for example, in MTG if 2 legendaries of the same name are in play under a player control one is send to the graveyard, which makes sense cuz there cant be 2 unique cards at the same time. personaly all this cards are quite op because he is just inverting 1 card to get more out of it (way more) I remember when the rogue got extremely nerf, remember adrenaline rush? no? well it was removed just because: *1cristal draw a card Combo: draw 2 cards*, it is good but, not that much.

It would be awesome to have true priest theme cards (psychic scream, renew, shadowfiend, guardian spirit, dispersion) so many good skills mechanics, but instead we only get to copy opponent stuff, wich is lame and op, getting class especific or legendaries that gives huge advantage has no strategy, but to copy all you can. these cards should be fixed, remade or something, im bored of using other class stuff, if I wanna do so I'll play that class.

Thanks guys for your time, hope to see your thoughts(teal) about this.

PD: I posted this on the closed beta Sub-forum, I transfere here because I found it apropiate and also cuz the CBforum is "only-read" now
Reply Quote
Playing with your opponents' cards is the Priest's special mechanic, like Rogues get Combo and Druids get Choose One.
Reply Quote
It is annoying for the opponent? yes. It is over powered? no. Toughsteal is a good card and works well in ranked play. But the priest itself dosn't work well in ranked play.. thats the problem. Priest is a fun-class with very low chances to become legendary in ranked.
Reply Quote
probably because of how weak the early game is for the priest.

those draw cards are meant to hopefully snag creature cards to supplement the early game while waiting to throw down some thumpers later on

also, the contextual idea of religious indoctrination is not unheard of. it isn't my fault your minions like my god better.
Edited by beneviolence on 2/7/2014 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 10:36 AMPosted by beneviolence
also, the contextual idea of religious indoctrination is not unheard of. it isn't my fault your minions like my god better.

Warcraft Priests like Anduin, dont have a "god", they entrust themeselves to the Light

What I wanted to adress is that, those cards are not Priest trademark, and the iconic ones were excluded, many of those spells could be used as early-game-cards aswell as the current control ones.
Reply Quote
oooOOohh, sorry to offend your nerdism.

it was a joke, rage-monkey, just a joke.

the point i made about supplementing the early game is still .. the point.
Edited by beneviolence on 2/7/2014 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Kreigen

Warcraft Priests like Anduin, dont have a "god", they entrust themeselves to the Light

What I wanted to adress is that, those cards are not Priest trademark, and the iconic ones were excluded, many of those spells could be used as early-game-cards aswell as the current control ones.

They are iconic Priest spells in Hearthstone, and playing with your opponent's cards is the special Priest mechanic in Hearthstone, like Overload or Combo. The cards in question just happen to mostly be much worse than cards using Overload or Combo. Except Mind Control, which was once a good card, and now is, well, much worse than most cards using Overload or Combo.

Was it a good choice for a Priest's specialty mechanic in Hearthstone? Probably. Noobs go completely spastic when they see a Priest "stealing" their stuff, and the whine-storm got the only good card of the lot nerfed to oblivion and prevented the class from getting any compensating buffs, in spite of its obvious lack of performance against anybody except said noobs and the occasional paste-eating moron. Is it too late to see it changed? Sadly, yes.
Reply Quote
In WC 1 & 2 they (humans) were more like Christians and then became religion neutral in WC 3.
Edited by Lagomorph on 2/8/2014 5:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 05:38 AMPosted by Lagomorph
In WC 1 & 2 they (humans) were more like Christians and then became religion neutral in WC 3.

the religion itself is irrelevant.

priests indoctrinate their subjects in to loyal followers. it is thematic regardless of deity or belief structure.

would you feel better if they renamed the class Missionary?

RNGebus, why the eff are internet arguments always so semantic and meaningless?
Edited by beneviolence on 2/8/2014 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
what I ment was that those cards are not Priest trademark, and the iconic ones were excluded, many of those spells could be used as early-game-cards aswell as the current control ones.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Kreigen
what I ment was that those cards are not Priest trademark, and the iconic ones were excluded, many of those spells could be used as early-game-cards aswell as the current control ones.

They are iconic to the Hearthstone Priest. They are drawn from the tradition of Warcraft Priests having powers like Mind Control and Mind Vision, as well as doing various psychic attacks when in Shadow spec. Like it or not, the cards are a reasonable interpretation of the theme established in other Warcraft games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]