Question? (not a rant)

Hey there priest players,

I have been playing Hearthstone for a little while now and I have really good warrior deck that I use to climb the ladder with. What I want to do is pick up another class that I can start building and using in my ladder games to handle different strats and decks.

In short I have I want to try my hand at a priest deck. I have tried playing deck that I thought would do ok in most situations and I found that after testing it out I could not win even half of my games. I do not have any legends in my collection that would be useful in a priest deck.

My question is do you think that a good priest deck has at the most run 2 legends like Rag and Ysera to be some what competitive? I say this because most Priest decks that I have seen have minion pools that are half legends that is why I am asking.
Reply Quote
I believe there are none or barely any real competitive Priest decks, since Priests are currently at the bottom of the class tiers.

I've always had at least 1 legendary to play with my Priest deck since I got Velen in a card pack early on. But even then, I feel you don't need to have legendaries to do well. But that's coming from someone who primarily plays casual-mode.
Reply Quote
Yeah I am a firm believer that you do not need legendaries to build a good deck that can win a good portion of the time so I am not suggesting that you have to build it that way. I play a warrior control deck that only have hellscream and I saved and crafted it but I was winning with it before I even had him in the deck.

I know you don't need legends to make a good deck but what I am asking do you need them to make a solid deck.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 02:41 PMPosted by LokesChaos
I know you don't need legends to make a good deck but what I am asking do you need them to make a solid deck.

I don't understand... what would you define as the difference between a good and a solid deck? Because to me those 2 are kind of the same thing.
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 02:41 PMPosted by LokesChaos

Yes, in casual most decks are rush/go straight for the face, those don't need legendries. At high ranks decks are basically taunt spam while throwing down legendries on a turn by turn basis til something works. Against those decks, yes, you do need legendary cards to compete. Not 1-2 in your deck thrown in there for late game, 50% or more of minion cards will be legendary, not always the huge 6+ mana ones, but nat pagle is basically standard, as is bloodmage and countless others.

The decks I play in casual have 1-2 ledendary throw ins but the casual meta is so early game focused that they rarely see meaningful action. I'm struggling to increase rank any more though without filling out with more legendary options than I currently have.
Reply Quote
I'm currently around rank 11 with this priest deck.
http://i.imgur.com/9uAqKgi.png

It does have 2 legendaries in it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]