Priest is such a garbage class

Ok so here's the deal:

x4 Cost efficient hard removal options [shadow word: twisting nether]
x2 Mind control [hard removal + faceless manipulator]
Thoughtsteal/the other trashy card - Free cards which aren't drawn from the priest's card pool.

Is it me, or is this just pure rubbish? Mind control for a '2 in 1' card just takes the biscuit. It might cost 10 mana, but what does paladin get. Oh, it's guardian of kings. We don't get a free faceless manipulator in a 2 in 1 for a basic, we get... another basic card.

And don't get me started on avenging wrath. Consecration necessarily does more damage if the enemy has 3+ minions on the board. The flipside is that sometimes AW does more than 2 dmg to minions. Which is ok, if it weren't for the fact that the damage distribution comes down to RNG.

So as you can guess I play paladin. There's nothing more annoying than having the priest thoughtsteal or mind control a Tirion. The fact that it's possible for them to swing all your hard legendaries without having any in the deck is just plain trash. I mean thoughtsteal affects cards which aren't even in play, or even in one's hand - I mean, it takes cards which haven't even entered play and puts them in the priests hand. Isn't that a bit rubbish, where your Tirion is sitting at the bottom of the deck and the priest just plumps him outta nowhere? Hell, it wouldn't matter anyway, because even if you did play him the priest would just MC him.

What does Paladin rely on? Hell, I couldn't say. I don't run buff decks or DS so that don't count. Nor do I play the class just for equality/consecration/pyro. Which gets pulled off about - on average - once every other game. Which sucks, considering that's 1/5th of the deck near enough. It's getting to the point where I'm just gonna remove every legendary card from my deck and spam yeti's, dark iron dwarves etc.

People moan about paladin control decks... But the truth is they just plain suck. Sure, the combo's are pure cheese but the games take about 10 hours out of your life and in most matchups it's just painful.

Inc 'P2W whiner responses' - I don't care. I normally run stampeding kodo and peacekeepers, which seems to work better. Certainly works better vs priests. Or am I losing because I don't have blackknight/thalnos/ysera?

So yeah, this was a rant. It certainly sucks. Hell, I prefer the class which doesn't do so well out of all of them. But that's just a personal preference. Not having a a class mechanic also sucks balls. But anyway. Tirion sucks too, lost me far more games than I can actually count. And I've lost more sunwalkers to TBK than I can actually count.

So yeah, please fix priests getting free legendaries. Every time my opponent uses that trashy card [which I don't even think is in WoW, but I could be wrong], he gets my legendaries. When I lay a legendary, he gets MC'd. Is it justified?
Reply Quote
Mind Control costs 10 mana, which means that it cannot be played until turn ten and also that you cannot play anything else. In addition, the Mind Controlled minion cannot attack the same turn.

So yes, it is completely fair.

Priest's powerwords are also fair. You'll be surprised at how easy priests are to beat when you play 4 attack minions and Harvest Golems.
Reply Quote
Got a decklist perhaps?

Yeah its justified. Priests are in a really bad spot right now, it seems. Paladins... not so much.
Reply Quote
Priest is currently one of the worst class in the game OP; you have no idea what you are talking about.The game must appear different when you are rank25.
Edited by Asura on 2/12/2014 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't staple cheese. Every game you play vs them, you know on turn 10 he's gonna roll out that big hunk of cheddar and clinch the game in his favour. It's just lame. I mean, for a class which relies on summoning its own minions to win [who'd ha' thought it?], it sucks to actually even play them. So here's what I'm thinking to counter the cheese that is priests...

x2 crazed alchemists
x2 humility
x2 stampeding kodo
x2 AW
x2 peacekeepers
x2 consecration
x2 equality
x1 pyro [normally only run 1 in my decks, seems to work better]
x1 faceless
x1 pagle
x1 tink
x1 LoH
x2 Truesilver champs
x1 youthful brewmaster
x1 ancient brewmaster
x2 GoK
x1 Leeroy
x1 MCT
x1 Holy Light
x1 Spellbreaker
x1 Sunwalker

Utility deck which surmounts the priest cheese, might work ok
Reply Quote
xD Yeah but thats because it's about aggro. If you don't see the imbalance of copying opponents' cards, cards which haven't even entered play then you're not quite grasping the concept

02/12/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Asura
Priest is currently one of the worst class in the game OP; you have no idea what you are talking about.The game must appear different when you are rank25.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't care if they were top, so long as they (a) didn't steal my cards, (b) didn't get free cards which didn't originate from their card pool, and (c) didn't MC my damn minions
Reply Quote
OP I hope you are aware Priests are currently the worst performing class in the game at high level play and they are among the worst at Arena as well.
Reply Quote
Er I don't care, the mechanics of thoughtsteal/MC are broken
Reply Quote
Then play Priest until you get to legendary.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Steele
Er I don't care, the mechanics of thoughtsteal/MC are broken

I don't care, they're not.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't draw a single MC

and would get rushed by harvest golems
Reply Quote
Oh, how could I forget? The devs rigged the chance factor to work for everyone else except you.
Reply Quote
Power words are pretty weak with the exception of shield.
Pain and Death are very niche and completely invalidated by 4 drops.
There are more 4 drops "remove quickly" type cards used in present decks than any other attack value.
EG: Ysera, Gadgetzhan Auctioneer etc.

Priests cannot handle those cards as easily as other classes.
The problem with your deck is you only have 2 4 drops.
Given how 4 drops are actually really good even if priests didn't exist, that could be why you have problems.

Thoughtsteal is a valid complaint, it's too RNG and can net you useless things like deadly poison or amazing cards like ancient of war/legendaries.
Mind control however is a really bad card now.
Before a priest would literally rely on mind control for his late game, priests don't have many solid minions and are hurt significantly by silence and therefore require something to boost them forward.
Mages have direct damage to boost them forward while having similar minion based issues.
Priests have effective (card and/or cost) removal.
Or atleast, this is what they seem to have been designed around.
In practice neither mages or priests are doing well and the top mage decks from what I have seen don't use a single mage minion, just double frostbolt/fireball/pyro.
Priests atleast use some of their minions and have a somewhat sense of variety.
Reply Quote
So I should make a 4-power minion deck?!
Reply Quote
Just think of Thoughtsteal as a Mage's Arcane Intellect and you'll do fine. 3 mana, draw two cards.

The fact that it copies cards from an opponent's deck is a gimmick that hurts a priest, because it just adds RNG to his deck.

Before a mage plays Arcane Intellect, they know what cards they might get and they KNOW that the cards will work well with the cards they have (because they built the deck)

When a priest plays TS, they could get anything. Some of the time they get Ysera but some of the time they get Deadly Poison... Do you really want to pull your opponent's Murloc or Houndmaster? Ugh, no thanks.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Steele
Ok so here's the deal:

x4 Cost efficient hard removal options [shadow word: twisting nether]
x2 Mind control [hard removal + faceless manipulator]
Thoughtsteal/the other trashy card - Free cards which aren't drawn from the priest's card pool.

Is it me, or is this just pure rubbish? Mind control for a '2 in 1' card just takes the biscuit. It might cost 10 mana, but what does paladin get. Oh, it's guardian of kings. We don't get a free faceless manipulator in a 2 in 1 for a basic, we get... another basic card.

And don't get me started on avenging wrath. Consecration necessarily does more damage if the enemy has 3+ minions on the board. The flipside is that sometimes AW does more than 2 dmg to minions. Which is ok, if it weren't for the fact that the damage distribution comes down to RNG.

So as you can guess I play paladin. There's nothing more annoying than having the priest thoughtsteal or mind control a Tirion. The fact that it's possible for them to swing all your hard legendaries without having any in the deck is just plain trash. I mean thoughtsteal affects cards which aren't even in play, or even in one's hand - I mean, it takes cards which haven't even entered play and puts them in the priests hand. Isn't that a bit rubbish, where your Tirion is sitting at the bottom of the deck and the priest just plumps him outta nowhere? Hell, it wouldn't matter anyway, because even if you did play him the priest would just MC him.

What does Paladin rely on? Hell, I couldn't say. I don't run buff decks or DS so that don't count. Nor do I play the class just for equality/consecration/pyro. Which gets pulled off about - on average - once every other game. Which sucks, considering that's 1/5th of the deck near enough. It's getting to the point where I'm just gonna remove every legendary card from my deck and spam yeti's, dark iron dwarves etc.

People moan about paladin control decks... But the truth is they just plain suck. Sure, the combo's are pure cheese but the games take about 10 hours out of your life and in most matchups it's just painful.

Inc 'P2W whiner responses' - I don't care. I normally run stampeding kodo and peacekeepers, which seems to work better. Certainly works better vs priests. Or am I losing because I don't have blackknight/thalnos/ysera?

So yeah, this was a rant. It certainly sucks. Hell, I prefer the class which doesn't do so well out of all of them. But that's just a personal preference. Not having a a class mechanic also sucks balls. But anyway. Tirion sucks too, lost me far more games than I can actually count. And I've lost more sunwalkers to TBK than I can actually count.

So yeah, please fix priests getting free legendaries. Every time my opponent uses that trashy card [which I don't even think is in WoW, but I could be wrong], he gets my legendaries. When I lay a legendary, he gets MC'd. Is it justified?

You are directly promoting unbalanced play.

For a player with barely any cards, priest is the best option for them to compete against your awesome pally.

Dissallowing this futher distances new player balance.

(I have tons of legendaries, and am not a new player, to put this more into perspective)
Reply Quote
No, it just sucks -_- It would be ok if they drew a dark iron dwarf or defender of argus. But they draw Tirion/Cairne/Leeroy/Pagle - Every other legendary in the deck. And then they MC yours and kill the original. It sucks.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 05:35 PMPosted by Steele
So I should make a 4-power minion deck?!

You don't need a whole deck with 4 attack minions, but your curve is seriously lacking at 4.
Add things like azure drakes or dark iron dwarves.
Both solid 4 drops that can be used in pretty much any deck.
I prefer dark irons in a paladin deck personally.

Argent Commanders are also amazing 4 attack minions.
The list could go on, but it's easier just to search for 4/5 drop 4 attack minions in game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]