Turn 7 priest has a 44/44

Played a priest that got a 44/44 on turn 7...yeah, priests are balanced.

Turn 6 he lays down a Mogu'shan Warden...I have no way to kill it so I lay down a minion (Tauntless) to try and take it out next turn.

Turn 7 he plays...

Power Word Shield x2
Divine Spirit x2
Inner Fire x1

Hits me in the face for 44 and I have 30 health. Nothing I could do. to counter it or silence it since this game doesn't allow counters (Unless you play a mage)..
Reply Quote
a 44/44 that took 6 cards to set up?

I don't see a problem with this.
Reply Quote
Having Silence in your deck helps, as in go get Silence.
Reply Quote
I did have silence in my deck. I have 4 silences; but I just didn't have it in my hand at that time.

Plus, how can I silence something when it's not my turn?
Edited by NorseEmperor on 2/9/2014 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 09:49 PMPosted by NorseEmperor
I did have silence in my deck. I have 4 silences; but I just didn't have it in my hand at that time.

Ooooh...

Well than yeah, you're pretty much boned.

:\
Reply Quote
They'll probably tell you to stack a bunch of taunts in your deck. Good thing Priests don't have a 0 cost silence or anything.
Reply Quote
Sounds like he got a dream draw and you were unlucky enough to not have a way to kill his Warden. It was bad luck. Priests cannot do this combo with any kind of consistency.

Sometimes you just lose to RNGesus.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 11:08 PMPosted by MattOverMind
Sometimes you just lose to RNGesus.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 09:15 PMPosted by Blissey1
a 44/44 that took 6 cards to set up?

I don't see a problem with this.

While quiet annoying, it took 6 cards to pull off. Lots of stars aligned to do that play. Your opponent was just lucky.
Reply Quote
Freezing trap for hunters counters this. So do many secrets.
Reply Quote
Chances of getting this setup and you dont have how to counter it... its probably like getting royal flush in poker. Not to mention 6 cards used... what does it mean? If you could kill it before he went all in = he has only buffs in his hands and no minions to buff on gg i'd say.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 10:07 PMPosted by Kopikatsu
They'll probably tell you to stack a bunch of taunts in your deck. Good thing Priests don't have a 0 cost silence or anything.

LOLOL this

+1
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 08:42 PMPosted by NorseEmperor
Played a priest that got a 44/44 on turn 7...yeah, priests are balanced.

If you open any class forum there is some twit like yourself asking for nerfs. Yes every class is OP apparently.

Not only did the Priest use a 6 card combo, it was over 2 turns. Had you killed his minion the previous turn all the priest would have had in his hand is buffs, or had you thrown out a taunter it would have blocked the attack. The odds of the priest having the required combo cards in hand are extremely low, and even when he has them it doesn't always work as planned.

Congrats though OP you are the one guy the combo worked on in probably the last couple dozen games the priest played where it didn't materialize.
Edited by MadJohnny on 2/10/2014 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 09:06 PMPosted by MadJohnny
Had you killed his minion the previous turn

Genius, so you're saying...had I killed his minion...he wouldn't have a minion to attack with? Let's refer back to the original post...

I have no way to kill it so I lay down a minion (Tauntless) to try and take it out next turn.

Priests and Mages are the top two that are complained about for a reason, not because everyone decided "We randomly choose...these two!"
Reply Quote
I understand you had no way to remove the minion and you died. We get it.

Are you too stupid to realize the Priest can't reliably win with a huge minion most games?

Go build a Priest deck and play 10 games in a row and tell me how many times you successfully 1-shot someone with a pumped up minion.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 01:00 AMPosted by NorseEmperor
Had you killed his minion the previous turn

Genius, so you're saying...had I killed his minion...he wouldn't have a minion to attack with? Let's refer back to the original post...

He got lucky. You got unlucky. It's not overpowered; it takes a perfect hand to set up and requires you having no counter...
Reply Quote
I find it infinitely more annoying that a Priest yesterday had a 7/7 on 2nd turn attacking me.

1st turn Cleric
2nd turn PWS PWS Coin Inner Fire

Not a fun way to start the match off.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 09:49 PMPosted by NorseEmperor

You don't let the 1/7 live, its your own fault. On turn 6 you couldn't kill a 1/7? sounds like he exhausted your removal while keeping your board clear......you got outplayed sir.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 10:07 PMPosted by Kopikatsu

lol if you lose to a priest who has that card in his deck then I don't know what to tell you, man
Reply Quote
Just got a 44/44 on turn 9... The druid was quite sporty about it :).

http://i59.tinypic.com/11bu8th.png
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]