Miracle Rogue, can't start the miracle.

I just can't get the Auctioneer out and keep it alive long enough. The amount of times I get conceal with it are like 1 out of 20 games.

I've revised it and tried to add some early game so I can kill off their early game minions too but i just have terrible luck.

How the !@#$ do you get legendary with this deck Snipedagain?
Reply Quote
What deck are you running?
Reply Quote
practice the deck. it is one of the few decks which u need to think a lot before play your turn.
Reply Quote
Deck list or screen shot or website with your deck. There are Many different types of miracle decks. I think without seeing your deck you don't have enough card drawing power. Here is mine:

http://i.imgur.com/1ONgO8v.jpg

Also as said above practice a lot. This type of deck is easy to play for laughs and ultra hard to master/play competitively. Upgrading your commando boots to expensive basketball shoes will make you play better but you won't become an nba player without practice :-)
Edited by BurtThaMan on 2/9/2014 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
I kill early game minions with spells generally. Evis, bs, shiv, dagger (mostly dagger), FoK, etc. Some si7 battle cry ofc. I will shadowstep the si7 if need be.

I seem to do best when I can keep his board clear.

That being said I do run Kolentos version of miracle.
Reply Quote
Can you link to this build. It seems like this deck and your play style may be beneficial to getting questing out early. Problem is that everyone will just use a removal early but it may give you enough damage before they do so to play a sort of rush/miracle.

Having said that, you can't be averse to taking damage. You need to save your spells to buff and/or draw cards. If you have enough drawing power in deck you can use a few spells like evis if necessary. Follow link to my deck list. This is why I run wild pyro, doomsayer, blade flurry, poisons. They can all be used to clear the board for very little AND don't use my cheap combo spells used to buff/draw.

I have been toying around with mana addicts and arcane golem instead of reckless as well. Again this deck is very hard to master when to play and when to hold.
Edited by BurtThaMan on 2/9/2014 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Health definitely is a resource to be spent on clearing targets. Hero power is a big part of removal.

edit: Im assuming that last post wasnt somehow directed at me, Burt? Just thought Id make sure, since it followed mine :)
Reply Quote
I just edited it and yes it was. It seems like you are so concerned with keeping board clear that I'd imagine when you get gadgetzan/questing you don't have the proper amount of spells to snowball. It's a fine line between taking damage, removal, and waiting.
Reply Quote
Oh, no I dont use questing or mana addict. And no, its not that its an overconcern. Its that its better for me to do that than not to do that.

When I played Questing and Addicts type miracle it was more like you say, with the waiting etc.

edit: decklist coming, just need to end a game

2x Backstab
2x Prep
2x SStep
2x CB
1x Conceal
2x Deadly Poison
1x Blade Flurry
2x Eviscerate
2x Sap
2x Shiv
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
1x Nat Pagle
2x Fan of Knives
1x Acolyte of Pain
1x Coldlight Oracle
1x Edwin VanCleef
2x SI:7 Agent
1x Leeroy Jenkins
2x Gadgetzan Auctioneer

Im considering changing Acolyte for something else, same with VanCleef, but not sure if I want to put questing/addict on it, or what.
Edited by Slai on 2/10/2014 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Umm it isn't miracle rogue if you arent buffing minions with cheap spells. Questing is 100% necessary in a miracle deck otherwise you are just describing a form of rush deck with some sort of finisher. There are other cards that grow with other events but for a rogue they are not ideal. When I can take a questing and go from 2/2 to 20/12 or more in 2 turns I don't see how you can not have questing and call it a miracle deck
Edited by BurtThaMan on 2/10/2014 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well they call it a miracle variant.
Reply Quote
That is not a miracle deck. It is a rush deck with a Leeroy finisher. Save leeroy one or 2 cold bloods and one or two shadow steps for somewhere between 10 - 26 OTK damage. Fun deck and I can give advice for it but miracle rogue this is not.
Reply Quote
I dont see that its a rush deck. If anything its a control deck. Some call it a miracle deck.

I guess it depends on your definition of it?
Reply Quote
Vancleef is very... Situational and almost always requires conceal but played after which means it doesn't count for growing. I honestly don't like him. Though I do use him in my miracle deck, I rarely get anything out of him. Maybe like once every 20 games I get the perfect opportunity to play him. Where as questing can be played first and grows with conceal and after conceal on next turn. Anyways back to your deck.
Reply Quote
And you are right I'm tired and my eyes are blurry that is definitely control with finisher. The miracle comes from having vancleef supposedly. Problem is he will get hit with removal 90% of time with this deck vs any competitive play because you have nothing else to cause them to burn removals other than gadgetzan. Hmm...
Reply Quote
VanCleef isnt the big beefed up one mostly, hes usually played at 4 to 8. As for miracle I think some make the argument that its miracle simply due to the auctioneers and the playstyle being slightly similiar, also the VCleef, but as said he rarely boosts up. Its a silence and hes done for.

I used to run an old school variant with addicts and questing, but it didnt work that well for me.

So I saw Kolento running this deck which he called a miracle deck up to legend, and figured it looked like a bunch of fun. And so far it is :) .
Reply Quote
I would trade out one fan with another acolyte to be honest. Chance of drawing up to 3 cards vs 1 and unless you getting cheesed by murlocs, fan of knives kinda sucks for 3 cost mana. I have one I my deck not two. Maybe take out cold light and add a loot.
Reply Quote
Cold light can be SStepped in a tight spot though, loot cannot. With the added bonus of destroying enemy cards in the process some lucky times :P .

FoK is really only useful with prep, and preferrably with thalnos as backup.
However, Acolytes rarely get much carddraw for me. Generally theyre plowed down in a single shot. However, when theyre not, theyre only really useful for being coldblooded... Not really sure what I think about Acolytes from my own experience with them...

Sometimes the carddraw is ridicolous and I have to slow it down by suiciding auctioneers or sstepping them to avoid fatigue. In these cases I feel like I have all the card draw I need and more so.
But sometimes Im sitting there with 2 cards in hand on turn 7 and have nothing at all.

So iunno... :s
Reply Quote
That's why you need two so you can have a higher chance to get one early every game. I almost always get two cards from them. At the least is a removal and a card draw because of three health and you can for sure ss loot hoarders to do the same thing as oracle only you don't give enemy cards which most likely have removals in them :-)
Reply Quote
His deck is a miracle deck. A miracle deck is simply a rogue deck with allot of low mana spells and an auctioneer. The miracle is the turn after you play a auctioneer when you play allot of cards to deal massive damage to his face/board. Thats why its called miracle, because in one turn you turn the entire game around and still have a full hand. Questing, VC, mana addict, leroy have great synergy with this so usually one or more of those are played to but they don't define miracle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]