Leroy + Shadowstep

I'm not here to wine or complain i just think its a tad OP that around turn 9 you can be taken for 23 of your health.

On paper Leroy seems like a decent card but he's extremely abuse-able
Reply Quote
On turn 10 you can be taken for 30.

Is it usually against a control deck this happens?
Reply Quote
yes you just have to do a 5 card combo and voila! 23 damage on turn 9 and hope they have no taunts super easy... >_>
Reply Quote
The problem is you really can't counter it. and yes its mainly against control decks.
Reply Quote
I feel like that combination is only a little silly. A bigger issue is the turn 6 Leeroy/Shadowstep/Shadowstep combo. It still provides 18 damage, which can easily be lethal against someone like a warlock at that point, and given that Sap is common in the miracle decks that do this, along with preparation, a taunt does little to stop it. The issue is really just in Leeroy, who, along with several other charge minions, is super powerful.

Basically, Leeroy is the issue, since those extra minions are literally of no consequence if you can kill someone.
Reply Quote
So one prep, two ssteps, leeroy, and a Sap on turn 6?

Doesn't happen that often. Especially since that would cost a minimum of 8 mana.
Edited by Slai on 2/11/2014 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Azihe
A bigger issue is the turn 6 Leeroy/Shadowstep/Shadowstep combo. It still provides 18 damage

Can you enlightment me on how i can do 18 damage with 6 mana and 3 cards in 1 turn? I would really love to use that OPness.
Edited by Kyrae on 2/11/2014 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
turn 6 = 6 mana.
18 dmg leeroy+ss+ss = 8 mana.

tell me how to get innervate on rogue please
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Kyrae
A bigger issue is the turn 6 Leeroy/Shadowstep/Shadowstep combo. It still provides 18 damage

Can you enlightment me on how i can do 18 damage with 6 mana and 3 cards in 1 turn? I would really love to use that OPness.

Shadowsteps stack. The second shadowstep makes leeroy cost 0.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Azihe

not in this game
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Azihe

Wow. Such knowledge. So true. Wow.
Reply Quote
prep+leeroy+ss+ss = 5 mana 18 damage turn 5 4 cards turn 6 with the coin you can combo coin fan of knives or wild pyro mancer to kill the 6 welps
Reply Quote
Fuzzy, that's not a thing.

If you mean SS as in shadowstep, you're wasting a prep because you're not casting any spells.
This would cost 8 mana either way, not 5.

If you mean sinister strike, then yes you prep the one sister strike. However, this still costs 7 mana and would only deal 12 damage.

As for the FoK, you can prep it of course for a free FoK.
Reply Quote
why would i use preparation before a creature, who won't trigger the spell, and before a spell which cost 0?
seems to me ppl whine about stuff they have no clue about.

just learn to play. or at least, learn to read properly cards effects.
Reply Quote
Well now, this was a major letdown.
Reply Quote
The part that they are missing is Turn 5. Turn 5 was Auctioneer, Prep/coin, conceal. Leeroy was just the finisher.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Kyrae

You need to wait for warlock with summoning portal then when he has 4+ mobs cast mind control tech take portal and you can do 18 dmg for 4 mana...
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Xalchs
I'm not here to wine or complain i just think its a tad OP that around turn 9 you can be taken for 23 of your health.

On paper Leroy seems like a decent card but he's extremely abuse-able

Leeroy + 2x Shadowstep (3 cards, 8 crystals, 18 damage) is very powerful.

But so is Force of Nature + Savage Roar (2 cards, 9 crystals, 18 damage). And Druid also has 2x Innervate, so if they use 1 Innervate in the combo then they can have 3 cards, 7 crystals, 18 damage.

Shaman has Al'Akir the Windlord + 2x Rockbiter Weapon. (3 cards, 10 crystals, 18 damage)

And Hunter has its Unleash The Hounds combos.
Reply Quote
Leeroy + Shadowstep + Leeroy + Blade Flurry on a pre-buffed weapon could also be a nasty turn 8, I think. Hopefully you wouldn't need that much then, though.
Reply Quote
I got hit by this combo. Its pretty brutal. Fun to watch the first time... :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]