Coin Should not trigger Combo

First off I've been watching a lot of rouge videos and I've taken notice that a rouge going second is SO MUCH better than going first, I'd even say it's OP when a rouge goes second.

So it is all because The Coin can trigger "Combo" effects. It is actually completely overpowered. When a rouge is going second they can:
1. Coin -> Defias on turn 1 for 2 minions for a total of 4-3. All on turn 1.
2. Coin -> SI:7 on turn 2 to kill the opponents 3-2 and get a 3-3 out on the field.

I'm not going to go over every combo but these two are the ones that stood out to me the most. I'm sure there are others.

The reason why this is overpowered is simply because a rouge going first has to actually combo his cards out w/o the free combo coin gimick. That means with the same cards he can't Combo Defias on turn 1 or combo SI:7 on turn 2, not to mention it has to be played a whole turn later and w/o the combo effect.

I'm not saying the coin is OP. I'm saying The Coin shouldn't trigger combo, it's pretty unfair since the first player doesn't get a free card to activate combos.
Reply Quote
Yea i agree it should not count for combos neither as spell.
Reply Quote
I disagree because of the mere fact that even when you count the fact that it counts as a combo and the fact that it counts as a spell, p2 is generally at a disadvantage even at the top level of play.
Making a change that takes from p2s win rate weakens it further and removes it from a good 50/50 balance.

1. Coin -> Defias on turn 1 for 2 minions for a total of 4-3. All on turn 1.

Course, easily killed following turn, not a huge problem.

2. Coin -> SI:7 on turn 2 to kill the opponents 3-2 and get a 3-3 out on the field.

Course the 3/2 almost always either has a death rattle replying it with a 2/1, and also the si7 can be removed the next turn.

Why? Because your turn2 is replied to by a 3mana turn, your 1 mana with a 2 mana turn, and that's how every round is for player 2.

You deal a 3 mana minion? He responds with a 4 mana round. You respond with your 4 mana? He responds with 5 mana.

Seriously. Think. It's not "MUCH BETTER". It merely seems better because it is more visible.
Reply Quote
turn coin SI 7 is awesome agreed but I dont think defias is that good to coin out turn 1..
Reply Quote
against any class that can use there hero power to do damage defias isn't worth coining usually coin faerie dragon is alot better against mages also alot of rogues don't use defias and warlocks priests and mages can coin even worse combos turn one

SI 7 can be combod turn 3 with back stab an kill your 3 drop and an 2 health minion chances are your not going to win board control against a rogue coin or no coin turn one is alot better for rogue most of the time anyway because it gives the rogue an extra turn before the enemy gets there aoe spell
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 05:14 PMPosted by drfuzzy
against any class that can use there hero power to do damage defias isn't worth coining usually coin faerie dragon is alot better against mages also alot of rogues don't use defias and warlocks priests and mages can coin even worse combos turn one

coin mana wyrm + mirror images is a great turn 1 play.

every class has its benefits to coin being a spell, because there are neutral cards triggered by the coin. no point changing it as it weakens turn 2 (which is why coin exists) even more, as someone above already mentioned.
Reply Quote
"Across all leagues – 4.4% better to go first, on average
(i.e. 52.2% of the time, Player 1 wins)
Master League Only – 0.7% better to go first, on average
(i.e. 50.4% of the time, Player 1 wins)

in Master League only Priest and Rogue win 51.5% of the time when going 2nd" -- Ben Brode

I'm not trying to say that going second is better, but I'm not surprised to see that rogue decks have a higher in win rate when going second compared to other classes,

And I am also not surprised this doesn't matter as much in lower leagues because people don't know how to play cards as well as they should.

The 51.5% is pushing total averages toward equal, but I strive for independent class equality over general win rate equality.
Edited by Chieffelix47 on 2/11/2014 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
That quote is from before Open Beta, though (9/12-13). Did they not make changes to several Rogue cards when it went open?
Reply Quote
How is coin defias any more overpowered than a coin, leper gnome + young priestess? the latter comes with a death rattle and EVERY class can do it.
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Kaladel
How is coin defias any more overpowered than a coin, leper gnome + young priestess? the latter comes with a death rattle and EVERY class can do it.

costs 2 cards plus the coin defias only costs 1 card + the coin and turn one priestess is a waste turn one cause you can't use its effect nearly long enough also the chances of even getting that combo are alot higher then defias
Reply Quote
Neither of those are overpowered tbh. Not that often it happens, and when it does its one backstab and a shiv or facedagger to clear them out.
Reply Quote
If you think rogue needs a nerf you have no idea what was done to rogue early on in the closed beta. Rogue has actually already revived the harshest nerfs then any other class has in the game. There is no need to nerf rogue any farther. In a matter of fact rogue deserves a buff after what was done to it or the best cards in the next expansion.

Just in-case you do not know what I am talking about here are the nerfs that the rogue class received, which to date remain some of if not the biggest nerfs in the game.

They literally removed rogues best card from the game all together "Adrenaline Rush" an epic card and replaced it with shiv, which is generally a bad card. Then on top of taking away rogues best card and replacing it with a bad card they neutered the rogue legendary Van Cleef by taking away his stealth mechanic making him really only playable in one deck style, miracle rogue. So now Van Cleef no longer spawns with stealth.

No that is not the end either also, if rogue had a dagger already equipped and you re-used your hero power instead of re-daggering, it would buff the damage of the dagger. (Making it a 2 / 2 weapon or a 2 / 1 ) They removed that all together and now you just get a new dagger instead of more damage. Another huge nerf.

And now you want them to nerf rogue even more? you have no idea what they have done to it already do you? No justice man, no justice for the rogue class : (
Edited by DarklngNinja on 2/12/2014 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]