Is Hunter our bane?

Well, I'm only a level 17 priest regular, but I always seem to have the most problems with hunters. Their rapid spreading of beasts, and their beast combos seems to be a bit too much for my healing/taunting/board clearing.

Is this your experience as well?
Reply Quote
I find any aggro deck to be the hardest to play against. But its easier to deal with hunters as priest than as mage.
Reply Quote
Hunters are looking to be a little OP against anyone who's not a Warrior or Druid, right now. I don't think it's just Priests... but yes, if I don't draw the perfect hand, I struggle against Hunters more than any other class right now.

02/11/2014 07:06 AMPosted by LSnow
I find any aggro deck to be the hardest to play against. But its easier to deal with hunters as priest than as mage.

I'm not having the same trouble against other aggro decks. The Hunter seems to be able to box me in with a combination of cheap damage to my face from minion, traps to limit my own movements, pressure from Steady Shot, and a lot of cheap removal that keeps by bigger minions off the field. Then you add in the ridiculous UtH, Buzzard, Hyena, Wolf combos, and it's hard to keep alive.
Reply Quote
Murloc/Rush Warlocks are also very problematic if I don't draw both Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing or have 2x Holy Nova in my hand.
One of the worst Hunter scenarios is when I have a slow start, but finally get a minion on the field at turn 3 or 4, and then gets Freeze Trap'd. That's infuriating.

Despite that, I think I still have a harder time going up against Giants Warlocks. I have no idea on how to beat that as Priest. 4/5 Ancient Watcher taunts, high health Twilight Drakes and tons of Giants+taunt in the lategame and Shadowflame nukes to clear my board.
Edited by Milennin on 2/11/2014 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
You need lots of board clear and stall.

There are ways around it but bare in mind this; you can either build a regular deck and suck against rush decks, or you can build an anti rush deck and suck against everything else.

Hunters have by far the best family support, all their beast and beast buff cards are literally unmatched, no other classes have family support like that apart from maybe Warriors with weapons. Everyone else is just making do with whatever general purpose cards they have.
Edited by Deadsy on 2/11/2014 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Milennin
Murloc/Rush Warlocks are also very problematic if I don't draw both Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing or have 2x Holy Nova in my hand.

I find that between having a Wild Pyromancer and Knife Juggler (1 each) plus the SW:P and Holy Smite, I can usually trade down Murlocs without too much trouble, until I can play a Taz'Dingo. Once that's down, I have the option to Holy Nova the next round, if needed. The problem with Hunters is that on top of being able to trade down my early minions, they can Flame Trap, Deadly Shot, Hunter's Mark, etc for dirt cheap. Warlocks don't typically have a lot of early game removal.
Reply Quote
I am currently rank 10, only using priest.

Hunter and Murlocs are not too much trouble. Between piromancers, auch priest/circle, nova, I board clear enough to win 60% against those 2 decks.

Against rush warriors and giant warlocks my win % drops to 25% against any of those decks.

Warriors, their 3 health small minions and their weapons bashing my face that I can't AOE clear are very difficult to deal with.

Warlocks, so many big minions, I can only clear so many before its too much.
Edited by ThaCroupier on 2/12/2014 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
UTH and jugglers, UTH and bird. Uth and dog. Basiclly surival against a hunter is very hard given the combos they have. Also UTH leeroy. Hunters can win even their bad matchups if their starting hand has both uth and some of it's support cards. It is usually also impossible to maintain board presence and card advantage if he uses it for control and drawing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]