Sharing my Spell Rogue

Hello! I recently made a spell damage Rogue and have used it to great success, quickly climbing the ladder from rank 19 to 11. It uses no epics or legendaries, and only a handful of rares.

I've since hit a bit of a dead end, what with the constant druids and their ragnaros', but otherwise I can handle most 'average' decks quite well, including aggro and control.

Anyway I thought I'd share it with you guys as a bit of fresh air from all the aggro/miracle decks, and maybe get some feedback.

Backstab x2

Sinister Strike x2
Voodoo Doctor x2

Shiv x2
Eviscerate x2
Kobold Geomancer x2

Fan of Knives x2
Dalaran Mage x2
Headcrack x1
Earthen Ring Farseer x2

Defender of Argus x2
Gnomish Inventor x2
Ogre Magi x2

Assassinate x1
Azure Drake x2

Archmage x2

It has amazing card draw and board control + presence. You might be confused about the Voodoo doctors, but I have found that little extra bit of healing can go a long way for standing up against aggro decks, and they're useful vs druids whom you know you need to beat down quick before the late game. Defender of Argus is a god sent for taunt, and Gnomish Inventor is just a great card draw.
Edited by Jordan on 2/12/2014 3:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I couldn't get it to work at all. Ten consecutive losses. Don't know if I haven't grasped how it's supposed to work, but I couldn't keep my spellpower minions alive long enough to make it worthwhile.

Last game I was round three without beeing able to have a single minion out and he had three, plus a weapon. Can't really see how I'm supposed to compete with that.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 05:48 AMPosted by Skyclad
I couldn't get it to work at all. Ten consecutive losses. Don't know if I haven't grasped how it's supposed to work, but I couldn't keep my spellpower minions alive long enough to make it worthwhile.

Last game I was round three without beeing able to have a single minion out and he had three, plus a weapon. Can't really see how I'm supposed to compete with that.

wow 10 losses? what rank are you?
Reply Quote
I have a spell rouge deck that Ive been playing on and off for a while. got to rank 12 last "season?" (stopped playing for like 3 months.) but I would say definitely add deadly poisons and bladefurry in place of the argus/earthring. the bladefurry DOES benefit from spell damage. having a 4 damage board sweep for 2 mana is insane. also add another head crack, late game stalemates I often win with these. draw/play one card, throw both headcracks and your hero power every turn.

the only other difference between our decks is I play more draw minions. the reason being, I feel I just need bodies on the board for the opponent to worry about while I draw to my direct damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]