Can Blizzard PLEASE fix Priest vs. Paladin

This has to be the most broken matchup in the game and it's not even close.
Reply Quote
Whats wrong with it?
Reply Quote
Mid game is where the paladin is at it's strongest, and the priest weakest.

Im considering adding the shadow priest + circle of healling combo, seems like the only way out.
Reply Quote
Is OP a priest losing to paladins or a pally losing to priests? I can't even figure out what his complaint is about.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Mercy
Whats wrong with it?

http://hearthstats.net/jan

Priest only 38% win vs. Paladin, worst matchup according to stats. The problem with the matchup all builds from paladin 1/1 summon vs. priest 2 heal. Paladin can win the card draw war because priest is forced to play cards to deal with 1/1s while paladin can sit and wait. It's just a nightmare keeping the board clear vs. paladin for a priest. It's like a mix of playing an aggro warlock except they also have a late game with LoH and Tirion, etc.
Reply Quote
If you want to beat the summons of the Paladin then get creative not !@#$%y! I would run Imp Master Light well Cultist Northsire Cleric Defender of Argus put in some taunt and +x/x cards and you've got him beat all day. Just sit back and heal your Imp Master and watch the tides turn.
Reply Quote
Paladins are pretty much the best class vs priests, since the priest has so many Health enchancers, card take overs, instakills and healing.
Reply Quote
I've been demolishing Paladins for the most part on my Priest - but I am running with double Shadowform and 2x Shadow Madness and 2x Harvest Bot - all cards that can turn out some incredibly good trades to slow down their mid game.
Reply Quote
Priests are actually bad against all classes since it's the worst class in the game. It definitely needs fixing up, not just against Pally but in general as well. I find it funny Pally has a better heal spell than the Priest (Kings, the 2 mana heal and the draw 3 cards heal>Priest 6 mana 5 heal+ 5damage).
Reply Quote
They lost because of overpowered healing cards. If priests had all of the heals that paladin does the class would be top tier. No joke.
Reply Quote
similar problem vs shaman. token generator hero power in general overwhelms priests. scratch that, it's actually worse vs shaman looking at the stats. 38%. the lowest win rate of all matchups. shaman power comes directly with filling the board and priests have no answer. they can't ping and their board wipes are expensive and ineffective.

shaman also have incredibly strong single target removals making priest heal support ineffective. what a joke.
Edited by F4L on 2/15/2014 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just played pally vs Priest in arena, was stomping them they on 7 hp 0 board control, boom give it 3-4turns they have same health as me and board control, fken broken matchup drw 2 fen creepers etc ah

PRIEST OP NERFERINO PLS
Reply Quote
I play pally and priest is a pain in the !@# to play against. one of the most annoying matches. I get sooo frustrated vs priests, even though my win % is almost 50/50. I HATE the match up. I play a control paladin and had a game that took almost 40+ minutes. in the end we both had two cards left, Guess what priests was, yep, 2 mind controls and I had 2 legendary cards. board was clear. and Game over he mind controlled both my cards. Bottom line is if you let a priest get to the late game you lost. you MUST beat a priest before he gets to 10 mana. Thats the problem with my control paladin. He is a late game deck set up and priest is best late game class in the game. Their early and mid game suck bad though, so must kill priest early.
Reply Quote
Feel free to add me for a lesson in how to beat a Paladin with a Priest without going to late game. Priest is insanely overpowered with the right cards. Especially against a paladin. Add me @ nevinow777@gmail.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]