Aggro can't be the only way.

I really dislike the feeling of playing when I click all my minions and run them into someone's face thinking, o yea its got 3 hp should be fine if he novas.

Is there a better solution to fighting your class other than aggro and midrange. In each and every one of my control decks, my golems get stolen by that cabal shadow, which is a great play on his part.. but that's basically being black knighted except its worse. My giants get SUMMONED FROM MY DECK for 4 mana when I happen to be playing warlock and have established an extremely powerful 4-9 double twilight drake board. And to top it all off Im afraid as hell to drop rag half the time or any other game ending drop if he still has cards in his hand.

I feel that as druid and control warlock this matchup is an insane headache and I know of little better solution than to rush them down with less demanding decks and easier plays. wish for once that silly card could just bring out a naked argus instead of my 8-8s :(
Edited by Sxt on 2/12/2014 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 10:15 PMPosted by Sxt
I really dislike the feeling of playing when I click all my minions and run them into someone's face thinking, o yea its got 3 hp should be fine if he novas.

Is there a better solution to fighting your class other than aggro and midrange. In each and every one of my control decks, my golems get stolen by that cabal shadow, which is a great play on his part.. but that's basically being black knighted except its worse. My giants get SUMMONED FROM MY DECK for 4 mana when I happen to be playing warlock and have established an extremely powerful 4-9 double twilight drake board. And to top it all off Im afraid as hell to drop rag half the time or any other game ending drop if he still has cards in his hand.

I feel that as druid and control warlock this matchup is an insane headache and I know of little better solution than to rush them down with less demanding decks and easier plays. wish for once that silly card could just bring out a naked argus instead of my 8-8s :(

Oh? You use a copy paste Giant's deck? I feel oh so sorry for you getting a taste of your own medicine.
Reply Quote
Nova? Dude, you should regularly be more worried about nearly every other AOE removal than Nova. I mean, sure, consider it and all, but how would you handle a flamestrike or desecration or any other number of AOE spells? Hint: It's the same rule for all of them. Don't stack minions.

Aggro mid-range more or less describes the entire current meta. It's funny that Priests have largely set this trend due to their removal spells, but are still largely under powered. I've always thought that getting rid of the 4 (say everything 4 or less and everything 5 and more change to the spells) spot would at once provide a buff for Priests and have the affect of completely changing the meta. Frankly, I don't think it would be an overpowered change either and it would probably be healthy in the extreme for every class.

That got a hair off track, so let's explain how you live at 4. There are a few rules that will make me, as a Priest player, wring my hands in frustration:

#1 Yes, try to stack 4 minions.

#2 In cases where you're not stacking 4 minions, try to ensure that you have multiple 5 or greater minions, generally through buffs.

#3 Don't buff any one card to the extreme. Spread your buffs, try to buff smaller minions to 4 when possible.

#4 Get rid of our Clerics immediately and make us top deck it.

#5 Many Priests don't play Thoughtsteal or Mind Control. I don't. I've tried, but I have found deck consistency to be far stronger than the occasional ability to grab something yummy from your deck.

#6 I'm totally going to steal your nice 2 or less attack minions with my Cabal. Pagel and a 4/5 on the board? DEAL! Think about that prior to playing such cards and consider building your deck with cards that do great for you, but not me. Those friggin' stealthed POS imps that Warlocks have! God I want them, but I can't have them!

Finally, try not to get hung up on the removal spells Priests have. Mages and Shamans have just as many ways to remove, and they're largely more versatile.
Edited by Musikaman on 2/12/2014 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I didnt copy paste my lock deck it just revolves around the same idea. It is more defensive to deal with the hunter rushers and anyone else that just slams down chargers each turn. Also most of the trouble comes from trying to play druid against it. My warlock is not a pure copy, it just uses the same great idea with 4-5 differences or so. I think the removal they have is limited which is fine by me. But whats with the agression from the second post about a giants deck. Many decks are not completely netdecked but in every card game there is generally a best way to play.

And for control warlocks making a huge hand and playing giants is generally the best way. It can also cause an aggro player to have lethal damage if you mess up even once. This wasnt really tears to begin with as my aggro lock is already slamming them. Its when I try to play control that the matchup becomes more hectic.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 11:13 PMPosted by Sxt
I didnt copy paste my lock deck it just revolves around the same idea. It is more defensive to deal with the hunter rushers and anyone else that just slams down chargers each turn. Also most of the trouble comes from trying to play druid against it. My warlock is not a pure copy, it just uses the same great idea with 4-5 differences or so. I think the removal they have is limited which is fine by me. But whats with the agression from the second post about a giants deck. Many decks are not completely netdecked but in every card game there is generally a best way to play.

The best way to play in this game is hyper agro rush. If you're more concerned about just winning/losing quickly so you can get to your next match then just play Warlock Murloc. Forgive me for not being kind to another person contributing to the problem of Warlocks being the most predictable and boring class to fight due to the people playing the class only being interested in one of two types of decks.

And for control warlocks making a huge hand and playing giants is generally the best way. It can also cause an aggro player to have lethal damage if you mess up even once.

And how is this any different from any deck trying to deal with "I SMASH YOUR FACE" decks? Once again, I feel so sorry for you having to make a tough decision between sitting on your hand to throw out Mountain Giants and Twilight Drakes or actually doing something during the first rounds.

Perhaps I wouldn't be so hostile if you weren't complaining about, of ALL things, Priests. As if those of us that main Priest somehow aren't struggling to eek out our existence at the bottom of the barrel.
Reply Quote
First, my apologies for Specter. He seems to be angry about something. Not sure why that is.

Its when I try to play control that the matchup becomes more hectic.

Priests are weak to early aggression and are near masters of control. I've lost at turn 4-5 far more than any turn later, with not a few games where I've fatigued the other person out or come back from the brink as I gain tempo and heal up in the mid game.

My current deck is built entirely upon buffing my early game in the attempt to shore off Murloc rushes and Hunter rushes. Mages I have a difficult time with because they can seemingly regain tempo at any point. Paladins suck for me as a Priest. Divine shield is the bane of my existence, but I haven't yet discovered a good way to shore up against it and not leave myself much weaker against those early rushes.

If I get a decent draw against a Warlock, my current deck is unlikely to lose without some significant mistakes on my part. As a Warlock, my biggest piece of advice would be that you need to be ultra aware of your card exchanges. As a Priest, I have slight room for error through my heals and such. As a Walrock, you don't have that luxury at all. You make up for tempo losses and bad trades with your draw power, which also slowly kills you.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Specter
Perhaps I wouldn't be so hostile if you weren't complaining about, of ALL things, Priests. As if those of us that main Priest somehow aren't struggling to eek out our existence at the bottom of the barrel.

Look, I don't disagree that his first post couldn't have been stated a bit differently, but he also wasn't coming in here screaming that Priest is OP. There's zero usefulness in your tone or rhetoric.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 11:47 PMPosted by Musikaman

Look, I don't disagree that his first post couldn't have been stated a bit differently, but he also wasn't coming in here screaming that Priest is OP. There's zero usefulness in your tone or rhetoric.

When OP plays Druid and Giant Lock it is hard for anyone to really care about his complaint thread about the weakest class.
He isn't asking for advice just ranting that a priest stole a giant from his deck.
Why you even responded to OP with advice when his post was absurd to begin with is beyond me.
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 01:21 PMPosted by MadJohnny

When OP plays Druid and Giant Lock it is hard for anyone to really care about his complaint thread about the weakest class.
He isn't asking for advice just ranting that a priest stole a giant from his deck.
Why you even responded to OP with advice when his post was absurd to begin with is beyond me.

No, the title of the thread and the beginning post certainly had zero queries being posed. It was only a rant and nothing more. #noreadingcomprehension

Grow up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]