Dark Iron Dwarf x1
Leeroy Jenkins x1
Lightspawn x1
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Silver Hand Knight x1
Temple Enforcer x1
Mind Control x1

This is my mid-range "keep my guys healed, draw like crazy with the Clerics" deck. I'm usually willing to throw down the Holy Smites to trade 1 and 2 drops, maybe even a SW:P, but only one (you never know when some low attack buff unit is going to show up later). I'm not sure about the Shattered Sun Cleric, Dark Iron Dwarf, Light Spawn, or Silver Hand Knight. At least with the Shattered Sun Cleric and Dark Iron Dwarf, I have option of buffing a 4 attack enemy for removal with SW:D, though I rarely do that. I like to hang on to those. The Light Spawn is just a trial run. I often play it trying to bait Silence or removal. If it lives, I'll try to PW:S it for a big hit, sometimes, but it often get immediately removed after that. I prefer to use the PW:S's on Yetis or maybe Northshire Clerics. If I get the Injured Blademaster and Circle of Healing in my hand by turn 3, I consider it my birthday. :D

So, what are some good, preferably cheaper, ways to improve this deck? I'd prefer not to add any more spells, unless some gives outstanding reasoning. Every so often, I find myself with a handful of nothing but spells and no minions to use them on. 1/3 of the deck is spells, and if that third gets in my hand, I'm in trouble. Doesn't happen a lot, though.

Edit: Forgot to mention Leeroy. He is my finisher, and I find I use him a lot! He has won me many games, where my opponent and I were down to the wire. I didn't think he'd be all that great in a Priest deck, but so far I'm liking him. My other Legendaries are Hogger and Geblin, so really my only legendary is Leeroy. :P
Edited by MattOverMind on 2/12/2014 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't knock the Hogger. He is the greatest removal bait this game will ever see. Even when removed he still trades well due to getting at least 1 2/2 taunter out prior to death.
Reply Quote
You say you are using lightspawn for silence bait but there is no greater value minion in your deck that would be susceptible to a silence. I personally don't like lightspawn but it's not really a game changer having him in there/not
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 06:25 PMPosted by Deadsy
You say you are using lightspawn for silence bait but there is no greater value minion in your deck that would be susceptible to a silence. I personally don't like lightspawn but it's not really a game changer having him in there/not

That's a pretty good point, right there. I put him in mostly just to see how he handles and how people react to him. I'm probably going to drop him soon, regardless. I just need to think of a suitable replacement.

02/13/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Ecro
Don't knock the Hogger. He is the greatest removal bait this game will ever see. Even when removed he still trades well due to getting at least 1 2/2 taunter out prior to death.

He's probably more useful in other decks. I'll have to experiment. I've only had him for a few days, but my first impressions were "meh". Like Ecro pointed out, above, there isn't a lot of removal / Silence vulnerable stuff in this deck. It's a mid-range heavy beatdown with healing support.
Reply Quote
Mind Control seems out of place for midrange. If you play midrange you should in most cases end up with board control into the lategame so when the big guns are being dropped you should be in a good spot to deal with them without losing momentum. Big Game Hunter would in my opinion be more suitable for your deck if you are struggling with things like ragnaros in the lategame, it still leaves you with mana to spend and it is just as card efficient.
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 06:49 AMPosted by Narali
Mind Control seems out of place for midrange. If you play midrange you should in most cases end up with board control into the lategame so when the big guns are being dropped you should be in a good spot to deal with them without losing momentum. Big Game Hunter would in my opinion be more suitable for your deck if you are struggling with things like ragnaros in the lategame, it still leaves you with mana to spend and it is just as card efficient.

BGH would probably be a good idea. I don't have enough dust to craft one, at the moment (I'm pretty low budget, since I mostly have time to run my dailies, plus an extra game or two). Mind Control is definitely a safety net, and it does often end up sitting unused. I'm going to think about BGH, though. Thanks!
Reply Quote
HEY -

Get thee BACK TO THE SC2 FORUMS!

kekek just kidding. You're a familar name.
Reply Quote
IMHO you should take out the Lightspawn and put either Drakes (Azure or the one that gives+1 for each card) or your own Hogger. It's nice having silence bait but the problem with the spawn is it becomes useless after it gets silenced, your opponent can ignore it without any worries. Hogger is mediocre for other heroes but is actually decent for Priests, because you can keep healing him up and even increase his life with PW:S or DS (if you run those). If he can live just 1 turn he's already the most efficient creature in the game, you get two 2/2 taunt with Hogger for just 6 mana, and even if he dies he's usually a two-for-1 since the opponent has to kill the taunt first, and then attack hogger.

Also, just my opinion, but I took out the COH and Blademasters in my deck and also reduced my Cleric count to just 1. My problem with cleric is you can't play her until you have 3 mana and an injured minion, so if I get 2 it's usually a dead draw (unless I "sacrifice" 1). For the blademasters, they're good value for 3 mana but they usually die if I summon them at turn 3 so I end up playing them at turn 5...which is actually underwhelming. I replaced them with Golems and a lightwarden for early game and haven't regretted it since, the golem leaves a 2/1 minion when it dies so I buff it up with the PW:S to draw a card and kill another minon leaving me with a 2-for-4+a 2/1 on the board.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]