Mind Control card, an other way of thinking

Hello every body,

Mind Control is a powerful and decisive card in Hearthstone, but it generate also a lot of frustrations. We can see all those topics about complains and nerf for this card.

So I propose this :
Imagine this card cost less mana around 7-8, but with a duration : only 2 turns for exemple.
By this way, this card will become a card to rebalance the game and not to finish surely.

Because at the end of the 2 turns there is 2 cases :
-your opponent get a lot of dammge with his best soldier.
-or his best soldier is dead because you turned it against the others.

What do you think ?...
Edited by Killerbee on 2/13/2014 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
So basically a Shadow Madness for 2 turns?
Reply Quote
I propose we leave it as is, because theres no reason to change it is there?
Reply Quote
So what other stuff do priests get in return for turning the spell to garbage?
Reply Quote
I think it should at least be a minion chosen at random or have a limit on what it works on or something. It seems like any time you don't beat a priest before turn ten, you run the risk of having any momentum you've built up until then taken and thrown right back at you. It's especially frustrating when you're down in the beginning but slowly making a comeback and the vital card in your combination just gets taken with no ill effect. There should be some uncertainty to it, rather than the assurance that you can basically steal your opponents best minion after ten turns, which isn't really that long. It's plenty of time to draw at least one. Sure I'm not complaining much when I'm the one using it, but it still just feels far too easy to use since it works against anything.
Reply Quote
Personally, I think Mind Control is perfect as is... It's a dead card until turn 10 (a lot dead-er against rush decks). Who knows whatever damage you may have taken by then. It can turn the tide, but then again, it may also be a little too late (i'm sure a lot of priests here can relate). Priests are suppose to be great late game, if it reachers turn 12-14, then the priest deserves the tide to be turned if it ever does. Priests can't suck mid game then be average late game... That's like officially declaring priests to be the Hearthstone punching bag.
Reply Quote
Mind control only has 2 uses, a turn 10 move for rubbing it in that you are already winning or for when you have good board control and your opponent makes a late game play that would turn the tide in their favor. If you are trading with your opponent evenly and they drop an Ysera, MC could probably win you that game.

Mind control does not work as a turn 10 savior, if you are struggling for control then casting mind control even on a legendary wont change that, it will only put off the inevitable for another turn while the minion gets quickly dispatched.

TBH the 8 mana idea would probably be a ridiculously strong buff, two turns is a way long time and anything worth mind controlling will probably have forced your opponent to neutralize it rather than risk letting you have it for two turns and then removing it yourself. Basically exactly what happens now but for 2 mana less.
Reply Quote
I've been running MC lately and honestly, 80% of the time stealing something doesn't win me the game. I'm probably already on the defensive and the opponent usually has a way to deal with it if I steal it.

I just use it to troll honestly.
Reply Quote
People complain about MC when it steals a big minion and wins the game for the priest. What they don't realize is all the countless games you draw that card early and it is completely dead in your hand, it is also completely useless against so many aggro decks.
The guy has 5 murlocs in play and I'm going to spend 10 mana to steal a 2 mana card.

I only run 1, used to have 2 but there were so many games it would be like turn 4 or 5 and I'm stuck holding 2 MC.
Edited by MadJohnny on 2/13/2014 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 09:30 PMPosted by MadJohnny
People complain about MC when it steals a big minion and wins the game for the priest. What they don't realize is all the countless games you draw that card early and it is completely dead in your hand, it is also completely useless against so many aggro decks.
The guy has 5 murlocs in play and I'm going to spend 10 mana to steal a 2 mana card.

I only run 1, used to have 2 but there were so many games it would be like turn 4 or 5 and I'm stuck holding 2 MC.

That's the point !
People using murlock rush don't complain with MC.
This card can become a versatile card even in middle game.

By this way priests have to keep big minions to end their opponents like everybody, and not just wait and steal one, even "two" best minions, which is frustrating for the challenger.
Reply Quote
The problem with this idea of your is it forces the player to keep track of timers, something that Blizz don't want to do since it makes the game "less casual".

Honestly, if I had my way I'd change MC to make it the missing link between the 2 Shadow words.

MC-4 attack mind control, 6 to cast
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]