PRIESTS NEED NERF

Seriously unless my mage is lucky enough to get a polymorph from the deck a priests opening series of moves is beyond stupid

after 3-5 moves he can have minions with 14 + 14 too overpowerd for such an early stage in the game. make the cost for such buffs Higher . i've spent some money on this game. and i wont spend another penny unless this is changed.

for those looking to troll....

in advance ...bite me
Reply Quote
Use that spell power deck I've been seeing a lot recently. 2x Ogre magi, 2x Azure Drake, 2x Archmage and you will give just about any priest fits. Also keep their board clear early game.
Reply Quote
Priests are the absolute weakest class in the game for both Arena & Constructed. Instead of crying like some baby who just filled his diaper, perhaps post your deck.
Reply Quote
Another one of these... It's called board control. If you're throwing all your spells at the Priest's face, you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
fail trolls
Reply Quote
So you're making bad plays and the ones pointing it out and helping you are trolls?

Seems legit.
Edited by Slai on 2/19/2014 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Read'm and weep idiot. I've decided to post these stats just to embarrass any jerk trying to say Priest is OP:

http://hearthstats.net/jan

Step 1: Scroll down.
Step 2: Engage that thing you call a noddle into "read" mode
Step 3: Observe priest on the bottom of the list of both Arena AND Constructed.
Step 4: Slap thyself for being a moron.
Edited by Lancelight on 2/19/2014 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 03:08 PMPosted by PvP1977
fail trolls

YEAH, PRIESTS ARE OP. NERF NERF.
- example of a non-troll post, according to OP.

Seriously if your birthyear is 1977, you're too old to be such an ignoramus.
Edited by Karasha on 2/19/2014 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
PvP1977 is a failed troll.
Reply Quote
They are actually one of the worst classes. Don't expect a nerf. The way to deal with it is to not play a really strong card on turn 10+ coz u guessed it its a mind control. play 2/3 3/2's 4/5 and control the board without 6/7 8/8 or anything and in the end hes holding onto a card that he wont play and if he does thats when u play ur strong card. healing hero power is strong early because u can play say a 2/3 knock out 1/2 2/1's and heal it back, but in the end game its quite bad.

These are some simple tips to verse priests. Good luck, hope u will sometime realise that priests are a bad class. ^.^

And if u still think they need a nerf just l2p i told u how to beat them, as for now i hope u are just a troll
Reply Quote
To get to 14/14 you need a very specific set of cards, namely probably divine intervention and inner fire.

You also need a minion with high health. And they need to sit out there for a turn.

The fastest I've ever seen anyone ramp up a big combo was turn 2 with a 7/7 Lightwell. Turn 3, you could hypothetically have a 16/16 shieldbearer going first, and going second, hypothetically a 24/24 one with power word shield thrown on with the coin mana bonus.

But that requires a whole bunch of cards, and is very susceptible to getting blown up via spells. That 14/14 is pretty much the Priest's best hope to win. If you deal with it, he's likely going to lose the rest of the game. It's a high risk deck style, and the reward isn't even that great since you need the right cards in the first place, and then you need a minion with sufficient health to dump them on, and THEN you need a clear LOS to the enemy champ, and finally that enemy champ needs to not have insta-kill spells. Mage is one of the better ones here, since a single polymorph makes the whole plan ruined.

Also, silences. You should try to have at least one in your deck. 2 polys plus a silence gives you a great chance to have the cards to completely destroy the combo, which generally leads to GG.
Reply Quote
Thought steal, mind vision are pretty OP. Just had a priest yank my molten giant, aldor peacekeeper, argent protector, holy light, and hammer. 7 mana for 5 EXTREMELY potent cards. Guess you have to just play your deck around priest OP draw cards.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kakkarot
Thought steal, mind vision are pretty OP. Just had a priest yank my molten giant, aldor peacekeeper, argent protector, holy light, and hammer. 7 mana for 5 EXTREMELY potent cards. Guess you have to just play your deck around priest OP draw cards.
Yup, just like I have to deal with all my minions having their health or attack reduced to 1. Divine shield spam. Instant 4/4+s. Multiple weapons. Secrets. Every summoned unit getting +1/1. Classes that can deal damage or summon something onto the board or heal themselves past 30 even if their hand sucks.

Yeah I mean, clearly Priests have all the gimmicks.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kakkarot

That's just extremely lucky on their part. The cards are random, so the odds of them pulling those cards is very very low, but hey, it happens. Just like how every class can get extremely lucky at times.
Reply Quote
go ahead and nerf inner fire and the other card. they suck i dont even use them in my priest deck lol. actually remove them and give priests new cards.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 09:48 AMPosted by Rinzler
Seriously unless my mage is lucky enough to get a polymorph from the deck a priests opening series of moves is beyond stupid

after 3-5 moves he can have minions with 14 + 14 too overpowerd for such an early stage in the game. make the cost for such buffs Higher . i've spent some money on this game. and i wont spend another penny unless this is changed.

for those looking to troll....

in advance ...bite me

Here's a thought; How about you actually research the class, its position in tier and it's huge flaws. Then, after that...You can look back and say: "Wow, I was lazy as hell or dumb."
Reply Quote
As a priest deck player. I wait on the mage to polymorph annoying card like Knife Juggler and Demolisher before I play my big cards.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 10:51 PMPosted by VanCross
As a priest deck player. I wait on the mage to polymorph annoying card like Knife Juggler and Demolisher before I play my big cards.

Who in their right mind polymorph's a knife juggler? Might as well gg :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]