Holy wrath Molten gaint combo.

I am ok that drawing a molten giant could do 20 damage. but it should not always be 20. if the giant cost 0 at the time it should deal 0. ect ect. thoughts?
Reply Quote
That might make sense but it is a farly rare combo to pull. If it goes wrong you could get a nobal sacrifice and deal 1 damage.
Reply Quote
Until there is a reliable way to stack your deck, this is fine. You'd only see Holy Wrath used in fun decks, I expect. It's too random to be reliable at that cost.
Reply Quote
When the ladder reset I once saw a Paladin running a Wisp, he drew into that with Holy Wrath. I was laughing quite hard
Reply Quote
yse
Reply Quote
Similar story with wisp hilarity; I was playing random decks and he farsighted a wisp xD But I think that if you manage to pull a molten giant with Holy Wrath it should remain the cost just because of how improbable it is and how hilarious it would be (I would be mad for a few seconds then I would just laugh it off). It's a fun card in general so having that extra "Hail Mary Pass" per se in your deck to clutch a win makes it worth keeping at the current settings (plus imagine it like double-pyroblasting a mage....who wouldn't love that? haha xD). Regardless, hope to see y'all out there and good luck with your battles!
Peace,
MasterGrief
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 10:25 PMPosted by budless
I am ok that drawing a molten giant could do 20 damage. but it should not always be 20. if the giant cost 0 at the time it should deal 0. ect ect. thoughts?

My thoughts on Holy Wrath is the mana cost should be lowered to 4.
Don't cry about things that are sheer luck and rare to occur.
Edited by MadJohnny on 2/22/2014 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wasent crying lol. More just speculating
Reply Quote
Considering Shiv, Hammer of Wrath and Starfire; it can be said that Holy Wrath needs to hit 4 damage to give its value. If you set your mana curve to have at lest 17-18 4+ mana cards, you can use it in your decks.
Reply Quote

My thoughts on Holy Wrath is the mana cost should be lowered to 4.
Don't cry about things that are sheer luck and rare to occur.

Paladin's 4 slot is already crowded with really solid cards. I honestly feel like it should stay a 5 but be changed to;

"Draw a random minion from your deck, and deal damage equal to either its power or its toughness, whichever is higher."

This change is pretty drastic, but it crops down a few problems with the card, largely with it being unreliable; at best it's going to do 12 damage (deathwing or ysera) and at worst it's going to do 1 damage, because there are no 0/0 cards. You can alter the numbers slightly during deckbuilding, by doing things like including no 1/1 cards, or building a deck with large-body creatures in mind. Secondly, it also grabs you a creature, which gives it a nice niche use outside of its random damage, and lets you use low-mana spells without worrying about flooding your damage pool for the card.

It also means no 20-damage molten giant drops, but arguably that's a good thing; dealing 2/3 of a player's health with one card is ridiculous, even if it's a random chance with very low odds.
Edited by SecretWizard on 2/28/2014 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Screw these possible changes, keeping it at 5 mana cost makes sense, I've been playing with a Paladin deck with holy wrath in it for a while now, finally got the molten giant draw when targeting a hunter. It rarely ever happens, but just the possibility is great
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]