Suitable replacements for Soulfire (Handlock)

I really dislike this card in my deck i am thinking about replacing it with Twisting Nether or something, Please help. Thnx
Reply Quote
That's a pretty bad idea, soulfire is a staple card, ESPECIALLY for handlock. You can replace it for shadow bolt, but I don't recommend it.
Reply Quote
Soulfire 0 Mana cost
Pros - Deal 4 damage to enemy hero or minion, 0 Mana
Cons - Discard random card

Shadow bolt 3 Mana cost
Pros - Deal 4 damage to enemy minion
Cons - Only can use at minion only

both of it has pros and cons. With Ogre Magi 1+ Spell damage this can kill mostly 6 cost minion that have 5 health.

I use SF in situational when i dont have any big cards like Lord Jaxx, or no card at all or opponent player below 4 health. Getting 2 SF on enemy hero is satisfying, but suck when the 1st SF discard 2nd SF lol
Reply Quote
Discard a card mechanic and other penalities on this game is a really mistake...

The problems:

1.- Discard random is a really hard penality when on this game exist a limited cards...
2.- No have graveyard. When you play other games the discard card is a common mechanic, and if you play it you are sure to have any card to recover the card.
3.- When you play any penality on the other games you are sure the penality affected the other player more hard if you play any auto damage you are sure the enemy obtain any hard penality or more damage.
Reply Quote
I don't think you can really replace it . Discarding sucks but it's the only direct damage you have besides Hellfire or if you want to count it Drain Life.

I wanted to replace it at first too but there's just no replacement that does as much and as well as Soulfire. It finishes both minions and the opponent if need be . Just have to cross your fingers and hope you don't discard anything important if you use it.
Edited by Serp on 2/16/2014 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Dannwolf
Discard a card mechanic and other penalities on this game is a really mistake...

The problems:

1.- Discard random is a really hard penality when on this game exist a limited cards...
2.- No have graveyard. When you play other games the discard card is a common mechanic, and if you play it you are sure to have any card to recover the card.
3.- When you play any penality on the other games you are sure the penality affected the other player more hard if you play any auto damage you are sure the enemy obtain any hard penality or more damage.

I don't think you realize how strong 4 FREE (as in, 0 mana cost) damage that can target the enemy hero and that bypasses taunts is.
Edited by Marchenoir on 2/16/2014 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 07:56 PMPosted by Marchenoir
I don't think you realize how strong 4 FREE (as in, 0 mana cost) damage that can target the enemy hero and that bypasses taunts is.

its not free(unless its the last card in your hand but as a lock you usually have other cards) yes it costs 0 mana but it costs a card
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 07:56 PMPosted by Marchenoir

Yea but you don't think on 1 discard you can destroy all your strategy only for destroy a minion or deal 4 damage to another player (yea is nice finisher) but i don´t like when i have a Succubus, Doomguard or Soulfire and all my hand is useful.

If you discard a card example "Lord Jaraxxus" or any leyend you can't recover the card.

The problem with it is RANDOM + NO HAVE GRAVEYARD + RANDOM HERO POWER + PENALITIES... Free or not Free is stupid Metagame, with Random mode + Cards with discard random, when you can´t replace easy the discarted it when you have a random hero power to give a Random Card and you have only 1 or 2 copies...

Warlock spell Damage < Mage/Hunter/Priest/Rogue devastation Spells.
Warlock Buff < Paladin/Warrior/Shaman/RogueDruid/Priest buff.
Warlock Minions < Hunter/Druid/Paladin/Warrior/Shaman minions.
Warlock Healing < Priest /Paladin/Druid Healing.

Warlock is a Soldier with all weapons but the other classes as a Shielded tank with a big cannons...

It is best a Class specialized with other with a little of each and has over the worst of the little.

I play Magic and YuGiOh and i make all my decks to discard, is a metagame i liked if it is a complement to a strategy and not a lock to implement a strategy.
Edited by Dannwolf on 2/16/2014 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I run a variant of Giants/Handlock and I don't use Soulfire because of the random discard. Accidentally discarding a Jarry can easily be the difference between winning and losing a game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]