Is Warlock really caster?

Hi,

I just love lock since WoW, where I used to play as destro lock. I kinda got used to have lots of spells with lots of damage. However, in Hearthstone, lock is quite useless as caster and the most suitable ways are fkin Murlocs and Molten giants. Now I am Gul´dan, torturer of souls, I dont pact with lousy fishes, so sorry Murlocs. Giants are fine, but still, I am supposed to be a caster. Both hunter and rogue have more spells than me (while Hunter is fkin overpowered with Bird+release the hounds+Hyena). Now compare - kill command - 3-5 dmg for 3 mana anywhere, with shadowbolt - 3 mana for 4 dmg only to minion. Now who the heck is caster here? But even stupid warrior, who is melee class, has same spells like me, Cleave does 4 dmg for only 2 mana. Now this is sad, am not saying nerf others, but gimme more spells and more boosts for demons, I am Gul´dan, leader of the Horde, the mightiest warlock who ever lived, not leader of Murlocs. And btw, gimme some wand in my hand.

Otherwise, overall, game is great, thx for making it and improving it.

Thx,

T
Reply Quote
tl;dr locks want some class cards worth using.
Reply Quote
All deck types revolve around having minions on the board, they only really caster type deck (delay mage) they nerfed because it wasn't any fun to play against.

There are actually some quite useful warlock spells depending on what deck type you run.
Reply Quote
If you play handlock, then yeah. Shadowflame, hellfire, soulfire, and mortal coil are all staples. That's four spells, which is a lot and the sweet spot to add bloodmage thalnos to a deck.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Jentso
If you play handlock, then yeah. Shadowflame, hellfire, soulfire, and mortal coil are all staples. That's four spells, which is a lot and the sweet spot to add bloodmage thalnos to a deck.

Handlock also runs siphon soul, and some run drain life too.

So yeah, there ARE viable spell heavy warlock decks, but you are still going to have to control the board and drop minions because that is how Hearthstone is played.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Steeldrake

This /\ along with \/

02/19/2014 10:21 AMPosted by DragnHntr
but you are still going to have to control the board and drop minions because that is how Hearthstone is played.

They should completely rework demons to make every single one of them playable and synergize together.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Khrolm

This /\ along with \/

but you are still going to have to control the board and drop minions because that is how Hearthstone is played.

They should completely rework demons to make every single one of them playable and synergize together.

Actually reynad27, the same streamer that made legendary with a free to play account, runs a warlock deck with a bunch of what are typically considered the "bad" demons. Succubus, doomguard, even pit lord, and does really well with it. He is using it to climb the Korean ladder right now and should get legend today or tomorrow. So they are viable cards.
Reply Quote
Actually reynad27, the same streamer that made legendary with a free to play account, runs a warlock deck with a bunch of what are typically considered the "bad" demons. Succubus, doomguard, even pit lord, and does really well with it. He is using it to climb the Korean ladder right now and should get legend today or tomorrow. So they are viable cards.

I use the demons. Its fun.
I think its partly a matter of deciding how to use them.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Khrolm
What do you think Warlocks are? Hunters? LOL Warlocks with synergy... dream on! /sarcasm

Yes, some Warlock synergy would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 06:41 AMPosted by Mongo!@#$o
What do you think Warlocks are? Hunters? LOL Warlocks with synergy... dream on! /sarcasm

Yes, some Warlock synergy would be appreciated.

[rant]

There is some synergy in screwing up warlock who play class cards. Overnerfed crap cards that kills you. Thank you bli$$ for %^-*ing our class.

Thank you for nerfing Blood Imp and Flame Imp, now both are !@#$, too. Like other demons. Just like Linus said: %^-* you Bli$$ard.

[/rant]
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 10:17 AMPosted by DragnHntr
There are actually some quite useful warlock spells depending on what deck type you run.

Yes, that is the problem I was trying to discuss. There are some spells. Here is listed number of spells for each class.
19 - Druid and Mage
18 - Paladin and Priest
17 - Rogue
16 - Hunter
15 - Shaman and Warrior
14 - Warlock
Even "stupid" Warrior, who is typical melee class, has more spells then Warlock, who is typical caster class. Apart from the fact Warlock has the least spells of all classess, many spells are very tricky, due a)discard b)damaging/destroying your own minions. Now i ve been hearing Blizz saying they gave Release the Hounds to Hunter, because they wanted him to have his own AoE. Well thats great you want to give AoE to melee class, while caster doesnt have it. I am talking about board control now, which should be purpose of the game. Flamestrike, Release the Hounds, or Shamans Lighting storm are able to give you total board control (I actually make most of my builds couter Flamestrike. I know it is coming in round 7 and make my build just to survive this round and rebuild in round 8. Is it really necessarry Blizz? Forcing everyone to fight one single card which is in basic pack?).

All I am saying is - gimme more spells, so I can save my demons from Flamestrike. Or gimme some AoE as well, so I can delete that bastard as well and start anew (Well yeah, actually I ve got Twisting Nether here, but yet again, it destroys my monsters)

Actually reynad27, the same streamer that made legendary with a free to play account, runs a warlock deck with a bunch of what are typically considered the "bad" demons.

I play all the bad demons as well. Sucubbus, Pit Lord, Pit Fiend, as while I cant be casting, I can be demon lord. As I ve said, Gul´dan is not leader of fishes with spears, but torturer of souls and leader of the Horde.

T
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]