priest has too much control

Well the real problem is not the mind control (10 mana cost) but the mind vision (1 mana) and the thoughtsteal (3 mana) give unfair advanteges to the priest.
Why? Because these cards not only give extra cards by consuming little mana but also give the strategy of the enemy to the priest. So the priest get extra cards plus the very good intel about the enemies possible strategies so that it makes unfairly easy for the priest to counter attack the enemy moves by consuming very few mana crystals.
Reply Quote
Thoughtsteal is gimmick trash, if you got beat by a priest through thoughtsteal then the stars aligned and you got RNGesus'd.

A card that skips turn 3 with a 50/50 chance that it will downgrade itself is garbage. Don't get me wrong, once every blue moon someone will play mind games on turn 4 and pull a Ragnaros/Deathwing but the rest of the time - garbage.
Reply Quote
I have got beaten by some priests and I have beaten some priests. That is not the case. This is a card game so the luck plays a big role. However, there is also strategy and logic.

Well, a good player never plays thoughtsteal early on the game.
It is a very strong mid-late game card, and if that card has high possibility to pick garbage cards, whic is a ''definition'' that I don't understand because everycard has it's own strategic value, then it means your oponents hand is already garbage so not of a big deal but generally this is not how things are.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Drogo
Well the real problem is not the mind control (10 mana cost) but the mind vision (1 mana) and the thoughtsteal (3 mana) give unfair advanteges to the priest.
Why? Because these cards not only give extra cards by consuming little mana but also give the strategy of the enemy to the priest. So the priest get extra cards plus the very good intel about the enemies possible strategies so that it makes unfairly easy for the priest to counter attack the enemy moves by consuming very few mana crystals.
Mind vision is a problem? That card is total crap. wth are you smoking?
Reply Quote
I prefer loot hoarder, I don't see the value in thoughtsteal whatsoever.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 09:22 PMPosted by MadJohnny
I prefer loot hoarder, I don't see the value in thoughtsteal whatsoever.

only reason that makes some sense is to set up for a turn 4 twilight drake. And that's very situational.
Reply Quote
MV? What are you smoking mind vision doesn't give any advantage at all late game. Sure you can MV a Ragnaros at the end game, but if you just put in your own Ragnaros to begin with you'd win earlier and more consistently. All it does it put you in the same boat as your opponent, if he has Rag fine you have a Rag. But if he has some janky card that he can't play, then you'll have the same janky card he can't play. This would be fine....except your hero power sucks when there aren't any creatures around while lots of heroes can still affect the board with their power. A Paladin holding a blessing of kings for example, you MV it and you have a dead card while the Pally can make a token and then use the blessing. Best case scenario is he has an 8 mana tirion and you have a 9 mana tirion...so it's still your disadvantage, isn't it? I'm not really sure why you think Intel is so big in HS, unlike Magic there isn't a chance for players to cast spells on opponent rounds. This means even if I know you have a Tirion I can't stop you from using it.

Thoughtsteal is pretty good, but 3 mana to draw 2 cards isn't anything new, and unlike the arcane intellect which draws cards that synergize with your playstyle you're drawing completely random cards. I don't see what's broken about it at all. The other poster said it's a late game card but if you want a card for late game why rely on TS and just play your own late game card like Ragnaros, Velen or Ysera, or even minions like Ogre or Sunwalker? The chances of you getting low cost minions with TS is the same as with getting high cost minions, and it's not like you get the cards for free, you still have to cast them from your hand . In that case it's better to just spend your card slots on true end game minons then hope to get end game minions and then have to wait next turn to cast them.
Reply Quote
Exactly, you *might* steal a ragnaros late game. But even under those best case scenarios you're still sacrificing 3mana and board presence to do it.

Lets sum up;

Being generous we could say that only 50% of decks are rush decks [imo it's way higher %]so at best out of that 50% you could hope for a Leeroy from the even smaller % of that 50 who are playing miracle rogue. Straight away thoughtsteal is a dead card 50% of the time [probably a lot higher given how prevalent low level rush decks are].

From the other pseudo-50% where decks contain cards where thoughtsteal could upgrade itself into a rag or better you're then 1) hoping for thoughtsteal at the right time [don't want a dead card earlygame, don't want it too late after they play all their good stuff] 2) hoping your opponent has an upgradeable card in their deck to thoughtsteal 3) hoping that thoughtsteal actually hits that upgrade card 4) probably scarificing too much momentum for even that to be worth it
Edited by Deadsy on 2/14/2014 4:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]