Rank 7 5 stars down to Rank 10 0 stars..

Enjoy a 70% win rate with my lock deck, but now... I'm losing 80% of my games.

My old Control Warlock deck was similar to Reynads deck, I switched around Rank 9 0 stars after losing 10 games in a row.

Leeroy/Alex/1 mountain etc

Deck I'm currently running:

2 Soulfire
1 Mortal Coil
2 Ancient Watcher
2 Ironbeak Owl
2 Sunfury Protector
2 Shadowbolt
1 BGH
2 Earthen Ring Farseer
1 Tinkmaster
2 Hellfire
1 Shadowflame
2 Chillwind Yeti (Used to be Twilight Drake but felt it's a waste when it comes to shamans and druids (there are a lot them...........)
2 Defender of Argus
2 Siphon Soul
1 Sylvannas Windrunner
1 Lord Jaraxxus
2 Mountain Giant
2 Molten Giant

I feel like everyone I've fought has just had perfect hands. I've kept track of enemies I fought losing from 8 0 stars to 10 0 stars.. They always have the cards they need when I play something... Tink when they need it, hex when they need it, silence when they need it, perfect burst combo in hand in less than 12 cards... RNG side has screwed me over, when someone plays Pagle, it ALWAYS GOD DAMN DRAWS.....

It's so discouraging going from a convincing 70% win rate to 80% lose rate.
Edited by Freakiishlyz on 2/20/2014 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Need some advice on the deck, I feel like I'm making the best plays I can think of.. Unless issue is me.
Reply Quote
Lmao, oh look more loses... People couldn't get more perfect cards in 15 cards.
Reply Quote
I feel if you run Shadowbolt you should run Bloodmage Thalnos as a boost. He also helps with your other spells . He paid big dividents ever since i added him i feel.

Big Game Hunter is kind of a waste in ranked play imho. There are too many rushdecks out there and in most cases you have removal anyway in some form or at least a Silence.

Tink eh is kind of in the same boat good if you face a specific deck he can be great but with the plentora of removal and other stuff you already run i don't think you need him with a giants deck.

Sylvanas i'm not a fan of anymore. Yeah she's kinda akward to deal with but i'd rather run Alex

Yeti for Drake i can see but i feel thats paranoia for ladder .
Edited by Serp on 2/20/2014 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Perfect enemy draws happen more often with a giants deck, since you're going longer. I run a deck that's a bit different but the same principle applies: my opponent HAS to get hard counters to everything I run or I win. It gets really frustrating when this happens several times in a row but try to calculate the probability. If your opponent still has 18-20 cards in his deck and has pulled 2 hexes and a tinkmaster, there's probably not a whole lot you could have done.

This is both what makes Giants good and what makes it bad, it's very binary. You throw down a giant and they either have the hard counter for it or they don't. If your opponent doesn't have a hard removal after a giant goes down, you're probably going to win.

The one thing I've found to be somewhat effective is stacking up some bait cards for hard removal. Shieldmasta works pretty well in this area, it's got enough health that it's really annoying to get rid of with just damage, so it often baits out a hard removal and then you can drop a giant next turn.
Reply Quote
Last 4 games I've played, All 4 had all their removal, burst combos within 12 cards...

Fact that this has been common theme for last 18 games over past week.... Just messing with my head.. Suddenly dropping to 80% lose rate after being at rank 7 for a few days with my decks
Edited by Freakiishlyz on 2/20/2014 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol, next match,

Mage

Coin Sorc. Appren.
Into Frost bolt/Mana wyrm/Frost bolt
Into Mana wyrm/Fireball
into silence on taunt...

!@#$ this game. Dead turn 6.

Next game:

Warrior

Coin - Leper - Argent Squire
Faerie Dragon
Froth. Bers.
Feiry War Axe + Bloodsail
Heroic Strike (I have 1 HP)
I dop Ancient + sunfury, GUESS WHAT HE HAS..... to kill my 5 hp minion
.................................................................... I unnderstand I dead but, the fact this person like all the others has everythnig they need in under 14 cards.

Bye bye warlock deck, not sure what happened.
Edited by Freakiishlyz on 2/20/2014 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I know that feeling bro, nevertheless im only around 13 rank. Sometimes it just depends on the day, give yourself a break for only a few HOURS ;) - nothing more. Then try again, I bet it's gonna be way better. Don't destroy yourself a nice deck, be a little bit more patient :).
Reply Quote
I don't believe people should be climbing as control. I have yet to do my own climb myself using a build kind of related to zoo but not a copy (&still tweaking) because I hate net-decking alot >.>. But the issue with control is your cards are designed to beat good players.

That is why people die with black knight, tinkmaster, carine, and siphon soul in hand. Because some kid played cards you never even see outside of casual and you happened to have !@#$ty answers and carine was too slow. Once they get to the very peak rankings most of the streamers switch to using more control oriented decks again.

Just like in world of warcraft something people learned on the way to 2200 picking up our elite gear was you don't play the same way vrs a scrub as you would a good player. The scrub will not be conservative and overlap cool-downs in an attempt to rush you down as fast as possible forcing you to adapt your play in a duel or arena. In the same sense a better player will wait to use his abilities exactly when he needs to and make sure to apply pressure at all times with his remaining abilities.
Edited by Sxt on 2/25/2014 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 07:37 AMPosted by Freakiishlyz
2 Soulfire
1 Mortal Coil
2 Ancient Watcher
2 Ironbeak Owl
2 Sunfury Protector
2 Shadowbolt
1 BGH
2 Earthen Ring Farseer
1 Tinkmaster
2 Hellfire
1 Shadowflame
2 Chillwind Yeti (Used to be Twilight Drake but felt it's a waste when it comes to shamans and druids (there are a lot them...........)
2 Defender of Argus
2 Siphon Soul
1 Sylvannas Windrunner
1 Lord Jaraxxus
2 Mountain Giant
2 Molten Giant

I would switch back to playing 2x Twilight Drake instead of the 2x Chillwind Yeti, this card has a lot of potential in Handlock and it often is better than Yeti. It is only worse against Shaman who play Earth Shock but you don't face that many shamans that it is worth it to run Yeti instead of Drake.

When I was at that ranking I mainly faced aggro decks and midrange decks. Big Game Hunter is a poor card against those types of decks, the card is not worth running because 90% of your games it is a dead card. Also if you get to the late game when those big creatures get dropped you have a good chance of winning already since your deck shines at that stage of the game. I would change it for a 2nd Mortal Coil which is a very good card, great in the aggro match up and even against midrange and control decks it is great. It allows your Twilight Drake + Mortal Coil to easily kill Yeti's etc. Very good card which I advice running 2 off.

Sylvanas is to slow in the current matchup in my opinion. And again I think the deck without it is strong enough to beat midrange-control decks already so you don't need an extra card that helps that match up. I personally would run a single Voidwalker instead of it, works great in the aggro match up.

If you make those changes you will have the exact same deck as I myself run with which I climbed from rank 7 to rank 3 today, gonna try and go for legend ranking soon. Think it is a great deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]