sinister strike not that sinister?

it seems like a huge waste to have one of our class specfic cards wasted on a one mana 3 damage card i'd like to at least see draw a card on it or increase the mana cost and make it useable on minions as it is now its wasted potential and theres no reason to take sinister strike as it is
Reply Quote
It is for aggro and to trigger combo
Reply Quote
I've won many games with combos from sinister strike. I wouldn't dare remove it from my deck (unless they made it cost more and added other effects >_>). Rogue cards work really well for card advantage in my opinion, and I don't think they need more cards that purpose..
Reply Quote
Sinister Strike is 1 of those cards that conventional wisdom will tell you are bad because they can only target face, but in the right context, of aggressive Rogue decks is actually a wonderful card. 1 mana for 3 damage means that it's very easy to combo off of it, and 3 damage to the face is a powerful effect when rushing an opponent down. Try playing Aggro Rogue or Miracle Rogue with and without Sinister Strike, than you'll notice the difference this supposedly underwhelming card makes if played properly.
Reply Quote
i play miracle and i have no sinister strike.
Reply Quote
I play miracle and that is exactly, what i need to win: a miracle.
Reply Quote
Much like the Rogues in Warcraft, sinister strike is a combo builder. 3 to the face damage for one mana and now you can combo. The argument you would have to make to say this is a bad card is you would have to show a better one mana option for a rogue.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Trollbert
Much like the Rogues in Warcraft, sinister strike is a combo builder. 3 to the face damage for one mana and now you can combo. The argument you would have to make to say this is a bad card is you would have to show a better one mana option for a rogue.

Deadly poison is 1 mana and basically + 4 damage and its more versatile for board control...hero ability, 1st one to the face, second blade furry is 6 dmg to enemy (overall) hero and 3 to all of his minions. Hereby making Deadly Poison > Sinister Strike
Edited by Tomfoolery on 2/20/2014 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 10:24 PMPosted by Tomfoolery

Deadly poison is 1 mana and basically + 4 damage and its more versatile for board control...hero ability, 1st one to the face, second blade furry is 6 dmg to enemy (overall) hero and 3 to all of his minions. Hereby making Deadly Poison > Sinister Strike

Sure, but you'd also have to assume that you either summoned the dagger the turn before and didnt use it or had the mana to spare for it, and would have to be at 2 durability otherwise you're both losing out on 3 damage and losing out on attacking and using blade flurry/attacking twice.
Reply Quote

Sure, but you'd also have to assume that you either summoned the dagger the turn before and didnt use it or had the mana to spare for it, and would have to be at 2 durability otherwise you're both losing out on 3 damage and losing out on attacking and using blade flurry/attacking twice.

a good skill to have when playing rogue is to check what cards are in your hand an figure out if you will have the spare mana to use on knives. otherwise its best to save the knives especially if you have a deadly poison in hand
Edited by drfuzzy on 2/21/2014 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
However you look at it, deadly poison gives you a lot more versatility, control, and/or possible face dmg for 1 mana that sinister strike. Also, drfuzzy, paying attention to your hand and playing it accordingly is naturally a part of the play style for every class.

I will say, sometimes i do play sinister for some combo builder or face dmg. It's not a bad card, personally i just prefer to play more careful. Even when i throw leeroy out, 3/4 of the time i have an aoe to wipe enemy minions to try for a 2nd turn with him.
Reply Quote
ya i know that i'm just saying rogues in particular get alot more value out of having that skill then other classes cause one mana makes or breaks our card synergy i think more so then other classes
Reply Quote
good point. both are good spells when well utilized with your deck/hand combos and your playstyle :)
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 10:24 PMPosted by Tomfoolery

Taking nothing away from deadly poison, your situation here rely's on another card, daggers to be up (2 mana investment, can be done on a previous turn), and no taunts present.

This makes deadly poison better mid-game than early game in most cases. It's useless on the first 2 turns without blowing a coin. Even if you do it's generally a waste of a coin.

It can also be destroyed by an ooze.

I run both in my rogue decks, but I just don't see a situation where it's one or the other.
Reply Quote
Sinister strike is good in specific decks, same as preparation, defias or concealment are in other decks.

There isn't a general rogue deck where you compare if X is better than Y. It depends on your deck, your strategy more than anything - IMHO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]