Someone give me a tip on how to win casual.

Okay, so I need to win 5 matches as a Priest, and it's proving next to impossible. This class has no AoE control aside Holy Nova and the Soulpriest/Circle combo, and if the opponent plays a 4 attack monster, I'm screwed. Somebody help me go through this hell, as I'd do even worse with a Warlock deck.
Reply Quote
You can reroll the quest by hitting the "X" at the top right-hand corner of the box.
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 03:32 PMPosted by FuzzPop
You can reroll the quest by hitting the "X" at the top right-hand corner of the box.

Yeah, I need help now. This is a 60 gold quest. And I almost actually won another game, but lo and behold, Ragnaros, my most hated card in the game, makes me lose yet again.
Reply Quote
As a priest you almost always LOVE seeing ragnaros on the table. Mind Control let's you compete with legendary heavy decks. Legendaries aren't all they are touted to be. The more you think them invincible, the more you add to their power. You can reach rank 14-16 with a priest deck that consists of mostly basic cards.

What non basic priest cards do you have anyway? What's your deck list? People here can help.
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Mythicman
As a priest you almost always LOVE seeing ragnaros on the table. Mind Control let's you compete with legendary heavy decks. Legendaries aren't all they are touted to be. The more you think them invincible, the more you add to their power. You can reach rank 14-16 with a priest deck that consists of mostly basic cards.

What non basic priest cards do you have anyway? What's your deck list? People here can help.

Here's a list of my non-basic Priest cards. Though I abandoned the quest, I still would like to build a reliable Priest deck for the future.

1x Circle of Healing
2x Silence
2x Inner Fire
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Mass Dispel
2x Mindgames
2x Shadow Madness
2x Soulpriest
2x Lightspawn
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer

Also, for legendaries, I only have a Black Knight, Nat Pagle and Millhouse Manastorm.
Reply Quote

Here's a list of my non-basic Priest cards. Though I abandoned the quest, I still would like to build a reliable Priest deck for the future.

1x Circle of Healing
2x Silence
2x Inner Fire
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Mass Dispel
2x Mindgames
2x Shadow Madness
2x Soulpriest
2x Lightspawn
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer

Also, for legendaries, I only have a Black Knight, Nat Pagle and Millhouse Manastorm.

What the?!

You have black knight and nat pagle? My impression was that you are a brand new player, but you already have some top notch legendaries.... -_- Also, double Mindgames, Soulpriest?

Just seems like with all those awesome cards, you should already be knowledgable at the game and not breaking a sweat in casual mode. I could totally understand if you're using just a basic priest deck and having some problems in casual, but with all those heavy hitter cards?

It just confounds me that you're having issues. But OK fine I'll stop acting all jealous and give you a hand. Configure this deck:

2x Power Word: Shield
2x Holy Smite
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x River Crocolisk
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Shadow Word: Death
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Holy Nova
2x Boulderfist Ogre
2x Mind Control

With just this basic deck you should honestly be able to take wins off of people in Casual. You can substitute a card here and there for some of the legendaries you have there, but to be really honest you really ought to be able to work some pain with just this deck.

*EDIT The stuff you're using is pretty outdated, and people know how to counter all that. Lightspawn isn't really usable anymore(unless you're putting out there to act as silence bait). But why double silence AND double mass dispel? That's overkill. You'd be stuck there without much you can do. I'd just recommend going to back to the basics or a low to mid-budget deck. This is also a good one:

1x Sunfury Protector
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Injured Blademaster
1x Shadow Word: Death
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Defender of Argus
2x Twilight Drake
1x Spellbreaker
2x Azure Drake
2x Holy Nova
1x Argent Commander
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer
2x Mind Control
Edited by FuzzPop on 2/19/2014 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 09:12 AMPosted by FuzzPop

1x Circle of Healing
2x Silence
2x Inner Fire
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Mass Dispel
2x Mindgames
2x Shadow Madness
2x Soulpriest
2x Lightspawn
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer

What the?!

You have black knight and nat pagle? My impression was that you are a brand new player, but you already have some top notch legendaries.... -_- Also, double Mindgames, Soulpriest?

Just seems like with all those awesome cards, you should already be knowledgable at the game and not breaking a sweat in casual mode. I could totally understand if you're using just a basic priest deck and having some problems in casual, but with all those heavy hitter cards?

It just confounds me that you're having issues. But OK fine I'll stop acting all jealous and give you a hand. Configure this deck:

2x Holy Smite
2x Northshire Cleric
2x River Crocolisk
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Holy Nova
2x Boulderfist Ogre
2x Mind Control

With just this basic deck you should honestly be able to take wins off of people in Casual. You can substitute a card here and there for some of the legendaries you have there, but to be really honest you really ought to be able to work some pain with just this deck.

*EDIT The stuff you're using is pretty outdated, and people know how to counter all that. Lightspawn isn't really usable anymore(unless you're putting out there to act as silence bait). But why double silence AND double mass dispel? That's overkill. You'd be stuck there without much you can do. I'd just recommend going to back to the basics or a low to mid-budget deck. This is also a good one:

1x Sunfury Protector
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Defender of Argus
2x Twilight Drake
1x Spellbreaker
2x Azure Drake
2x Holy Nova
1x Argent Commander
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer
2x Mind Control

I think I'll have to use a variant on the first, as I honestly have yet to get a Sunfury Protector, Defender of Argus, Twilight Drake, or second Blademaster.

I was running this before. Looking back, it was originally an RNG deck, but for some reason I decided to change it into this atrocity. Why, I have no idea...

1x Circle of Healing
2x Mind Vision
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Shadow Word Pain
2x Loot Hoarder
1x Nat Pagle
2x Shadow Word Death
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Harvest Golem
1x Injured Blademaster
2x Mass Dispel
2x Shadow Madness
2x Soulpriest
2x Shieldmasta
2x Holy Nova
1x Black Knight
Reply Quote

What the?!

2x Holy Smite
2x Northshire Cleric
2x River Crocolisk
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Holy Nova
2x Boulderfist Ogre
2x Mind Control

1x Sunfury Protector
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Novice Engineer
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Defender of Argus
2x Twilight Drake
1x Spellbreaker
2x Azure Drake
2x Holy Nova
1x Argent Commander
2x Holy Fire
2x Temple Enforcer
2x Mind Control

I think I'll have to use a variant on the first, as I honestly have yet to get a Sunfury Protector, Defender of Argus, Twilight Drake, or second Blademaster.

I was running this before. Looking back, it was originally an RNG deck, but for some reason I decided to change it into this atrocity. Why, I have no idea...

1x Circle of Healing
2x Mind Vision
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Shadow Word Pain
2x Loot Hoarder
1x Nat Pagle
2x Shadow Word Death
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Harvest Golem
1x Injured Blademaster
2x Mass Dispel
2x Shadow Madness
2x Soulpriest
2x Shieldmasta
2x Holy Nova
1x Black Knight

The thing is, why so much mass dispel? Wouldn't it be better if you got rid of those two, and substituted 2 Chillwind yetis? Why double mind vision and double thoughtsteal? You realize that each time you play mind vision, you're essentially giving up board presence? You need more minions on the board.

It's almost always better to play a minion with a in-built ability like Spellbreaker to silence something, or even the Owl, than it is to go with mass dispel.

Another thing is, if you're running Nat Pagle, why do you need double Northshire Clerics? It just seems so all over the place without a firm plan. It look as if, you feel that because you've scored a huge card, that you feel obligated to use it in your deck - that's just not true.

I would tweak your deck to look more like this:

2x Holy Smite
1x Northshire Cleric
1x Nat Pagle
2x Harvest Golem
1x Thoughtsteal
1x Injured Blademaster
1x Loot Hoarder
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Spellbreaker
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Auchenai Soulpriest
1x Shadow Madness
2x Holy Nova
1x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Black Knight
2x Mind Control
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]