Official Priest is Overpowered Thread

Overpowered at being the worst class in the game.

Now that I have your attention, here are the facts for you and how everyone beats them.

Constructed:
1. Shaman 52.34%
2. Druid 51.96%
3. Warrior 50.92%
4. Paladin 50.89%
5. Hunter 50.32%
6. Rogue 50.15%
7. Warlock 49.97%
8. Mage 45.58%
9. Priest 45.20%

Arena:
1. Rogue 53.44%
2. Mage 52.55%
3. Shaman 52.27%
4. Paladin 52.18%
5. Druid 48.39%
6. Warrior 47.56%
7. Hunter 46.05%
8. Warlock 43.71%
9. Priest 42.42%

http://hearthstats.net/jan

Now you must be thinking, how? They buff Lightspawns, Lightwells etc to 20/20+ and completely own me!

Well heres a card you should have two of in all of your decks.

♦**Spellbreaker. Spellbreaker is a 4 drop 4/3 that silences. Not only does it make Lightspawns 0/1, but it counters a lot of other buff cards and can stop deathrattles from happening such as Harvest Golem, Sylvanas, Cairne, etc. It also dispels taunt and divine shield.

**Druid use two Keeper of the Grove
**Hunter use two Ironbeak Owls

--♦ Now lets assume they use two Divine Spirirts and an Inner Fire on one card. Your Spellbreaker officially made that a 4 for 1 trade, making your chance to win almost guaranteed.

--♦ Now you must think, I cant always draw these silences... well it goes the same for the priest too. He cant always draw Divine Spirits, Inner Fire, or Power Word: Shield either. However, every deck has some borderline removal cards such as Assasinate, Naturalize, Equality, Polymorph, Deadly Shot / Hunter's Mark, Hex, Execute, and Shadow Word: Death.

The absolute likelihood of you not drawing any of those 4 cards by the time they draw their four cards is very unlikely. Also when vsing a Priest do not ever mulligan a silence or a removal.

--♦ Even though I stated earlier that if you trade 4 for 1, some people have trouble with Mind Control.
If you put enough raw pressure on the priest and save a Removal spell, then drop something you know you ABSOLUTELY can destroy the next turn, you will be fine. Mind Control is 10 mana, meaning the Priest is going all in during this turn.

--♦ Regarding Thoughtsteal and Mindvision, these cards just set the Priest behind a turn, and are very likely to backfire. It's a gamble.

--♦ Avoiding the Power Words. Actually, a lot of the best cards in the game have 4 attack, just to list a few.... Chillwind Yeti, Argent Commander, Azure Drake, Dark Iron Dwarf, Cairne, Druid of the Claw, Kor'kron Elite, Twilight Drake, Sunwalker... The list goes on.

In reality you are not making your deck weak against any other by adding these cards, you're simply rounding out an efficient deck using these cards, and they counter Priest as well.

--♦Last of all, the biggest counter to a Priest is playing aggresive. If he plays Northshire Cleric on turn 1, thats GREAT for you. Just drop a 3/2 and kill it off fast. As long as you keep good tempo the Priest will never be able to keep up with the damage and will be forced to spend turns healing instead of using cards.
Reply Quote
FxyO... Thank you for this XD. I play priest as one of my decks in almost all the TCGs I play, and I continually facepalm because of how ill-equipped the priests ALREADY are. Newer players are continuing to cry OP OP OP. It sucks that MC was nerfed because that really helped the priest late game :/ (where the priests are SUPPOSE to shine) and it would be horrible if anything less than a couple small buffs to the priest were to happen during the next patch cause of the crying/whining/misplays of newer players.

TL:DR - Priests are under-powered and considered one of the weakest classes at the moment. Please have a basic understanding of the game before you make wild accusations of imbalance.
Edited by RatedGG on 2/18/2014 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Regarding Thoughtsteal and Mindvision, these cards just set the Priest behind a turn, and are very likely to backfire. It's a gamble.

+1
I admit the thread title got me. Great post!
Edited by Cheryl on 2/18/2014 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
For every Truesilver a priest has copied off a deck, there's a guy playing a priest, staring down at an opponent's full board holding a starving buzzard.

For every Ysera a priest has stolen, there's a priest taking an opponent's lethal on turn 7 with 2 mind controls burning a hole in his hand.

For every Ragnaros a priest has killed with Power word death, there's a priest taking a beating from a Chillwind yeti and Twilight Drake.

For every player that has been killed by a 20/20 lightwell, there's a newbie priest holding PW: shield, Divine Spirit, and Inner fire in his hand without a minion to cast it on OR worse, waiting for this combo that would never come.

The only thing guaranteed is for every post that says "PRIESTS ARE OP", you can bet that every priest players immediately knows this player is new.
Reply Quote
Good thread. Anyone crying that priests are actually OP obviously has no idea how to play HS.
Reply Quote
Can a moderator... remove all those 100s of Priest are OP threads as SPAM? haha because it honestly is pushing down other threads that might be worth reading o.o.
Reply Quote
Thought steal can either be amazing or really bad. In my last match, I thought stole Tirion and Ragnaros from my opponent.. but I recall playing against a Rogue and getting Blade Flurry + Deadly Poison. It's not a guaranteed out, so it can't be considered an amazing card, but you do have a decent chance to get something worth playing. It's hit or miss (a la Hearthstone).
Reply Quote
BUMP +1 BECAUSE THIS STUFF IS GOOOOOOOOOD

+ btw anyone who says MindControl is OP, is imo a noob coz they dont know how to bait MC out. u dont have to use all ur mana in one turn, save cards and wait for them to MindControl something weak and then play it. Its called baiting nothing OP. just l2p thats all
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 05:15 PMPosted by FxyO
Last of all, the biggest counter to a Priest is playing aggresive. If he plays Northshire Cleric on turn 1, thats GREAT for you. Just drop a 3/2 and kill it off fast. As long as you keep good tempo the Priest will never be able to keep up with the damage and will be forced to spend turns healing instead of using cards.

There are exceptions to this. If you are against an opponent who's not likely to have turn 2 hard removal or 3 damage spell (which most don't), and you have a good mana curve in hand, so that you can drop a 2, 3 and 4 in those rounds, that Cleric can actually allow the Priest to take early board control and set the pace of the game. The trick is knowing when it's OK to do so (and I still screw it up often enough.)
Reply Quote
I remember arguing with someone saying how 4 Attack Minions were some kind of minor hiccup, hence Shadow Words are so cheap and OP.

Still, everyday we will get long written posts on everything that is wrong with the overpowered Priest. Everyday, every forum.
Reply Quote
Priests overwhelm newcomers. I have to admit that when I started playing about 2 weeks ago (this is my first time playing any type of card game), priests just frustrated me to no end -- one-shotting everything, stealing and playing my cards, mind-controlling my minions.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 06:46 PMPosted by GateKeeper
Priests overwhelm newcomers. I have to admit that when I started playing about 2 weeks ago (this is my first time playing any type of card game), priests just frustrated me to no end -- one-shotting everything, stealing and playing my cards, mind-controlling my minions.

They're a phenomenal class if you can target them to control or early game. They're !@#$ in random matches because it's hard to make them versatile.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]