How viable is the Miracle

Been playing minion heavy and or miracle deck for a while now both in ladder and in regular practice games. I have to say for those of you happy with miracle I am not sure how you do it. It is very rare I get the cards I need before I am killed, and if I use the auctioneer to draw cards by burning my 0 cost cards just to grab the cards I do need that leaves me with little or nothing to buff up QA or Mana addict. Unless I get a conceal and QA in the very beginning so I can then draw into the cards I need to buff them up this set up almost never works. To play a deck with only one way to win does not make much sense. Sure its fun when you pull it off, but all I see is a gimmick deck, nice to have fun with, but never good for ladder.
Reply Quote
Haven't seen the QA/addict version up top, but Kolentos miracle deck went legend quite well. You should watch his games on twitch to see how to play that deck well.
Sounds bad if you only have one way to win though. His deck has several ways to win, and I've won as many games without leeroy as with.
Edited by Slai on 2/15/2014 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Kolento isnt having a great time lately with his miracle deck, from what i have seen he loses rank with rogue and regains them with lock or druid ;p

Im watching him mostly for the Miracle deck but theres not much he can do if he gots no way to draw cards and he had to use his spells to stay alive before Auccioner came to play. Hes a good player but he have way more succes with more OP decks, not the one that depends on lucky draw.
Edited by Skinef on 2/15/2014 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hm true, it's been some weeks since he did his rogue thing. But it's nice to see how he runs it nonetheless =) .
Reply Quote
Yeah, and i like how he rly understands how Van Cleef works with wich some of the players have problem, its not about buffing him to 8/8 and one shot enemy or got silenced and lose, its about placing him 4/4 in round two with coin or 6/6 in round 3 and do as much dmg as possible before leeroy or even bait some removals with shadowstep ready in hand, or just make a clear board for Auccioner whos the true heart of Miracle Deck.
Reply Quote
I agree using vancleef this way. Only issue is getting him early in your draw to make that effective.

As for miracle. I find when I play that deck I need to use me spells for the most part just to stay alive as skinef mentioned. Thats why I think it is a "one way to win" type deck. you are pushing for your huge combo, but if you do not get the draw, your done. You cant fall back on minions or weapons, or board clear, ect... To vulnerable a game play I feel.
Reply Quote

As Slai and Skinef said, Kolento's latest build is what you want to be running if you are looking for high level results. And as Skinef said, you really want to watch Kolento's current results with it (or if he continues to play it at all) to see if it is still a top tier deck.

You also want to watch Kolento pilot it on his Stream to really get a handle on how he plays, mulligans, etc. vs. each matchup. Kolento's Stream and decklists are here:
http://www.twitch.tv/kolento

NOTE: the decklist he has listed for his Miracle's ( http://imgur.com/a/q8LoB#7 ) is out of date. His current verions last I saw was -1 Coldlight Oracle, +1 Assassin's Blade.
Reply Quote
02/15/2014 11:13 AMPosted by zaspacer

NOTE: the decklist he has listed for his Miracle's ( http://imgur.com/a/q8LoB#7 ) is out of date. His current verions last I saw was -1 Coldlight Oracle, +1 Assassin's Blade.

He also came to a conclusion that 2x sap is too much, not sure if he changed it because he turned off the stream but he said its good idea ;p
Reply Quote
It's far more safe (and easier) to play any taunt, removal heavy deck sadly, but it's beatifull when it works =P.
Reply Quote
Works kind of for me atm. I am ranking up with it.
Well, a version of it at least, I made some changes.
But I'm low rank. Shamans and mages are the general problem actually.
Edited by Slai on 2/17/2014 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]